The Arsenal Thread

Torriera made a huge difference to Arsenal midfield since coming on.

Lol more comedy defending from Arsenal! Emery gonna have big problems with Ozil and Lacazette this season.

Last edited:
Cut out the individual mistakes you’ll have every chance of making the CL. Lot of positives this evening.

Didn’t see many positives in there tbh. Really shocking finishing. Terrible at the back and CM nowhere to be seen till Torriera came on. Playing that high line will be suicide this season. And playing out from the back with those players :O

Didn’t see many positives in there tbh. Really shocking finishing. Terrible at the back and CM nowhere to be seen till Torriera came on. Playing that high line will be suicide this season. And playing out from the back with those players :O

Get rid of Xhaka/Bellerin & Ozil. they'll be fine.

Well yeah. You’re that mired in Mourinho’s ultra defensive bollocks ToD man I guess the attacking play would pass you by. ;)

Creating all that at Chelsea, with a much better shape, was a big positive for Emery. (Sp?)

They’ll be sound once they cut out the individual errors.

Get rid of Xhaka/Bellerin & Ozil. they'll be fine.
And Mustafi. Has there ever been as regular Arsenal player poorer than him? Not since I have been watching the PL admittedly relatively brief period. Might watch some Arsenal TV for some entertainment later.

Chelsea's defense is questionable which makes our attacking play look suspect...

and Chelsea are not expected to blow the doors off the league this year so taking a moral victory from losing to them is not the same as feeling good about losing to Man City.

I didn't watch the game, will later...caught moments but Guendouzi looked very composed on the ball and he needs game time.

Take Miki out and replace with Ramsey, sell Xhaka before it is too late and play Torriera. I'd say Guen, Torri, and Iwobi in midfield...**** I'd consider Elneny given the way he ended last season. Keep Ozil on left for another game, then maybe try him at top of midfield where he did well in pre season. He can produce, but he is a notoriously slow starter; his production in World Cup was greatly underappreciated and overlooked by the bigger picture of the great Duetchland collapsing.

Uhh cant go any crazier.
Mhiky cant play against Qarabag in group stages because Azerbaijan have banned Armenians.

And guess what, the EL final is held also in Azerbaijan.
Good job UEFA, who even thinks about having EL final there... Hope their pockets did not break

Spot on about UEFA but Baku be brilliant mate.

I love Madrid. One of my favourite City’s the World. But I’d much rather be going to Baku for the CL Final next May, even accounting for the ****** long trek and expense to get there, than Madrid.

Looks an absolutely brilliant place.

Yeah, I'm sure some oil baron filled UEFA pockets nicely to make this choice happen, but Baku is pretty ******* amazing place actually.

Baku is a great place from what I've heard from a couple mates who went there once, but if no one from one nation with teams and players competing to get to the final will be allowed into the country then I feel that should really stop you from being able to hold the final there.

I'm sure Arsenal can go through some channels and have an exception made for Mikhy and be allowed to enter the country if they were to reach the final. They didn't bribe UEFA to promote their country with EL final just to have a PR disaster of player being banned because of politics.

It's not like it's some racist policy, they're kind of in a cold war with Armenia so you don't want potential spies poking around.

Last edited:
I'm sure Arsenal can go through some channels and have an exception made for Mikhy and be allowed to enter the country if they were to reach the final. They didn't bribe UEFA to promote their country with EL final just to have a PR disaster of player being banned because of politics.

It's not like it's some racist policy, they're kind of in a cold war with Armenia so you don't want potential spies poking around.

He didn't travel for security reasons with Dortmund when they played there although I agree they likely will let him in if Arsenal make it into the final unless, there is a flare up before it then they may not. Wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't travel for the away game especially as they might rotate and with Qarabag being a side that has been displaced by the nagorno-karabakh dispute.

He didn't travel for security reasons with Dortmund when they played there although I agree they likely will let him in if Arsenal make it into the final unless, there is a flare up before it then they may not. Wouldn't be surprised if he just doesn't travel for the away game especially as they might rotate and with Qarabag being a side that has been displaced by the nagorno-karabakh dispute.

Yeah I local government will certainly make an exception, but security concerns are definitely serious worry. Home crowd might be incredibly hostile towards him.

Anyway if this was some racist law I'd be more than happy to see Azerbaijan banned from all UEFA competitions. But it seems like just security precautions on their part, I can't really see a fault in that.