The Arsenal Thread

Make that 9 now! Have to say really impressed with Emery and how he has got us playing. We still have a very long way to go but the first time in 4/5 years i'm actually looking forward to the future with arsenal. Still have a lot of work to defensively but i think that will only improve with some personal changes next summer. I think we could be a dark horse for the top four this year all depends on how we cope against the other top teams.

Just goes to show with Emery and Sarri how much of an impact a manager makes and in both cases not needing much time to "adapt".

^ Agree RE: Sarri, but don't think Arsenal's current form is too sustainable. I've watched quite a bit of Arsenal this season, and most of the wins have been quite scrappy. They just have two quality strikers who make the difference and cover up a lot of average performances. Played well today but Fulham are the most naive team in the league.

Anyway, not trying to put a dampener on it, it's been a good start but I wouldn't get carried away. It's a positive that you're consistently getting results when it's not been champagne stuff.

^ Agree RE: Sarri, but don't think Arsenal's current form is too sustainable. I've watched quite a bit of Arsenal this season, and most of the wins have been quite scrappy. They just have two quality strikers who make the difference and cover up a lot of average performances. Played well today but Fulham are the most naive team in the league.

Anyway, not trying to put a dampener on it, it's been a good start but I wouldn't get carried away. It's a positive that you're consistently getting results when it's not been champagne stuff.

Take your point but they've won like 8/9 games in a row now, the defence doesn't look perfect but when you've got a team that is willing to be on front foot and try to win every game then doesn't need to be. Yes this was a pin veiled dig at Mourinho.

Absolutely beautiful second and third goal this evening! Defence still looking a little shakey in the first half but a win is win!!

Nice to see Özil playing fully only that nr10 role that suits him so much. Gives so much to final third.

[video=youtube;uhFAlhyxyCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhFAlhyxyCU[/video]

Even Pogba cant compete with this.

What a buttclencher that was. The only thing that ruined it a bit was Mike Dean as per usual deciding to be a star of the show. Pen was a dive and Verthogen's tackle was never a red card.

Sincerest condolances on Peter Hill-Wood.

Came as a conplete shock when I heard that the match yesterday/ the mutual applause for him.

Proper old school football man you could never fail but to have the utmost respect for.

God Rest.

Peter Hill-Wood was a good man and I dread to think what he would make of this Arsenal team. Especially the defending which was non-existent.

It's a shame to see how far a team like Arsenal have fallen, they are similar to United at the moment really. But Arsenal's biggest problem remains to be that they crumble too easily when the going gets tough.

Emery has to get some leaders in that dressing room especially in defence and quickly, he has the attacking talent. You need a January signing or else I think top 4 is not going to happen again.

And Koscielny is finished as a PL defender. Arsenal is the one of the big 6 that needs to make some January signings.

...don't think Arsenal's current form is too sustainable. I've watched quite a bit of Arsenal this season, and most of the wins have been quite scrappy. They just have two quality strikers who make the difference and cover up a lot of average performances. Played well today but Fulham are the most naive team in the league.

Anyway, not trying to put a dampener on it, it's been a good start but I wouldn't get carried away. It's a positive that you're consistently getting results when it's not been champagne stuff...

Not surprised at all that Arsenal, who were getting credit left, right & centre this season, could possibly be level with United, who had their worst start in Premier League history, come tomorrow.

Their results flattered to deceive imo.

Just dont understand the Ozil phenomen. Arsenal lack creativity and they dont use him. Even if they plan to sell him, every time he has played this season, he has been more tham good for them.