The Arsenal Thread

Been a fantastic GK in the Prem. But this last 12-18 months he’s been *****.

Blame ****** goalkeeper coaching. Every goalie leaving Arsenal was massively improving practically overnight. Another proof that Wenger was a dinosaur.

Blame ****** goalkeeper coaching. Every goalie leaving Arsenal was massively improving practically overnight. Another proof that Wenger was a dinosaur.

Cech was well on the downside of his career well before he signed for Arsenal.

Cech was well on the downside of his career well before he signed for Arsenal.

Cech was slowing down a bit, but early 30s isn't advanced age for a goalkeeper. Fabianski was 28 when he left and somehow from "Flappyhandski" he became one of most respected goalies in the PL. You don't improve that drastically at that age unless your previous coaching was trash. Szczesny was in Arsenal for nearly 10 years and didn't improve for ****. 2 years in Italy with different coach and he's now Buffon's replacement.

I can't remember who was Wenger's goalkeeping coach but it's clear as day dude wasn't even qualified to coach pre-schoolers.

Cech was slowing down a bit, but early 30s isn't advanced age for a goalkeeper. Fabianski was 28 when he left and somehow from "Flappyhandski" he became one of most respected goalies in the PL. You don't improve that drastically at that age unless your previous coaching was trash. Szczesny was in Arsenal for nearly 10 years and didn't improve for ****. 2 years in Italy with different coach and he's now Buffon's replacement.

I can't remember who was Wenger's goalkeeping coach but it's clear as day dude wasn't even qualified to coach pre-schoolers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVPsZRYDdkI

This video I've seen the subtitled version but couldn't find it but essentially they roast him for being incompetent.

[FONT=&quot]BREAKING: @Arsenal have confirmed @HectorBellerin has ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament of his left knee and will miss between six and nine months. #SSN[/FONT]

Not related to Friday Rh mate as I was watching Grujic for the first time this year in Berlin, but as a general poimt Arsenal need a **** of a lot more than a RW.

I totally ovesold them getting back the top 4 the summer. They’re in a massive mess and need serious surgery. WC attack. Meh to good midfield. Relegation standard defence and goalkeeper. By far and away the worst of the top 6. As much as yoo can see what Emery’s trying to do, he’s in a complete no win situation with such a poor group.

Squad needs a complete overhaul. With minimal money to spend and repeated mediocre buys the little they do invest.

Agree Scouse. Think the Emery hate is harsh, he's worked mini-wonders to have this lot within a sniff of top 4 imo. Not a great deal between the overall quality of Everton & Arsenal imo. Take out Aubameyang/Laca and you'd near call it even-ish.

Need a GK, 2x CB's, a CM and a RW.

GK
Bellerin, New CB, New CB (although maybe the Mavropanos kid will be good), New LB
Torreira, New CM/DM (you won't win anything/do anything significant with Xhaka. How can your DM be a luxury player? Lol. Defeats the entire purpose of a DM)
Ramsey (think it's crazy they're letting him go on a freebie)
New RW, Laca, Aubameyang

Squad needs a complete overhaul. With minimal money to spend and repeated mediocre buys the little they do invest.

On this point, they need to strike gold like Liverpool did with Suarez/Coutinho. Sign talented, lesser known players, hope they develop how you wished, and sell them off to one of the giants for silly money. Torreira looks like a potential 100M CM if he continues to develop. Could maybe **** Bellerin off for 50+M to Barca and develop AMN there and use that money elsewhere on the pitch?

Whatever the case, they've let Alexis Sanchez & soon to be Aaron Ramsey leave the club for £0. That's unforgivable. Liverpool have earned like near 100M the last few years from selling mediocre British players to Bournemouth & co. ffs.

On this point, they need to strike gold like Liverpool did with Suarez/Coutinho. Sign talented, lesser known players, hope they develop how you wished, and sell them off to one of the giants for silly money. Torreira looks like a potential 100M CM if he continues to develop. Could maybe **** Bellerin off for 50+M to Barca and develop AMN there and use that money elsewhere on the pitch?

Whatever the case, they've let Alexis Sanchez & soon to be Aaron Ramsey leave the club for £0. That's unforgivable. Liverpool have earned like near 100M the last few years from selling mediocre British players to Bournemouth & co. ffs.

Conpletely F themselves with the ground. Tottenham are doing the same thing now. Too much massive overspend/ borrow all in one go.

Commit to one project at a time, coming out of your own money, that doesn’t impact the product.

Finally, the notification you’ve all been waiting for
1f609.png

Welcome to Arsenal, @DenisSuarez6
1f44b.png
#HolaDenis
1f534.png

[video=youtube;OTW_e2miP5o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTW_e2miP5o[/video]

[video=youtube;1OzKCKZKm9I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OzKCKZKm9I[/video]

This is quite an interesting watch and helps explain the current financial restrictions at arsenal:

[video=youtube;TZGylBqnmyQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZGylBqnmyQ[/video]

How much! :O

Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey has signed a pre-contract agreement to join Juventus in the summer in a deal will earn him just over £400,000 a week.[bbc]

Wow been away from here a long time, but in a sense not much has changed tbh.

Good to see you back mate, what you making of Emery so far?

Thanks! Been about couple times to see what's what, but mostly due to work have been limited to just watching the games when I have time and then occasionally going for Milan games at San Siro as my work has taken me to live near there. Now again move ahead of me and this time to London so I will, at last, have the chance of seeing Arsenal live more than just a couple times a season.

Well while I don't agree with everything that has been going on I think he has done quite a good job so far considering what he has had to work with. He will need at least two more proper transfer windows to get some of the current players out and replace with players who work better for us. The team he inherited is quite good going forward especially with Lacazette and Aubameyang but in defense, much work needs to be done to really push on. Özil problem needs also be solved and by looks of it, he will be out in summer most likely.

Now let's just see how this season ends. On paper, we have a favorable run left compared to United and Chelsea to finish on top 4 and apart from that expect a strong push in Europa League also.

Outside of the pitch need to sort out the DoF sooner the better.