The Arsenal Thread

Arsenal & St Étienne agree €29m including bonuses deal for William Saliba - done deal. Breaking | William Saliba's desire to join Arsenal over other interested. 5-year contract, loaned back for 2019/20.

1f1ea-1f1f8.png
#HolaDani
1f44b.png

Welcome to The Arsenal, @DaniCeballos46
1f60e.png

I see Arsenal have somehow with a supposed limited budget bagged Pepe of Lille. Excellent player and will be good to see how he copes with the PL. Much better value for money for them than Zaha who I dont think is good enough for a side aiming for top 4.

I see Arsenal have somehow with a supposed limited budget bagged Pepe of Lille. Excellent player and will be good to see how he copes with the PL. Much better value for money for them than Zaha who I dont think is good enough for a side aiming for top 4.

Lets wait until its official, but would be good signing as we are lacking for a left footer in the squad at the moment. Same kind of price that was said for Zaha, but Lille prepared to negotiate on the payment structure more than Palace which edged it. Would have been happy with Zaha also though.

Lets wait until its official, but would be good signing as we are lacking for a left footer in the squad at the moment. Same kind of price that was said for Zaha, but Lille prepared to negotiate on the payment structure more than Palace which edged it. Would have been happy with Zaha also though.
Look like yous lot are going for Liverpool of old as defence is surely the area that needs upgrading. I guess Emerys plan is to outscore the opponent?

Highly-rated Arsenal & England youth winger Xavier Amaechi has joined Hamburg. 18yo rejected new contract + numerous suitors to sign 4yr deal today. Fee over €2.5m + performance-related add-ons. No buy-back but #AFC have sell-on clause. Will wear 17 & be a 1st team regular #HSV

Look like yous lot are going for Liverpool of old as defence is surely the area that needs upgrading. I guess Emerys plan is to outscore the opponent?

Yeah we are in desperate need for starting CB along with backup RB. I think we will still make moves in the market even after Tierney, but that is likely dependent on us offloading Koscielny, Mustafi, Elneny and Jenkinson.

I also think we will be better defensively next season without additions, but if it stays like this and likely Tierney in we will need to score a lot.

Highly-rated Arsenal & England youth winger Xavier Amaechi has joined Hamburg. 18yo rejected new contract + numerous suitors to sign 4yr deal today. Fee over €2.5m + performance-related add-ons. No buy-back but #AFC have sell-on clause. Will wear 17 & be a 1st team regular #HSV
Another talented English youth player moving to Germany for a clearly structured pathway to first team football.

Wise move. Even though a little strange as Arsenal usually give there youth a chance.

He is way behind Saka and Nelson and refused extension on his contract which was about to end next summer so club made the only thing they can with him. Really good prospect, but unfortunately for him he just plays the position we are best stocked at the moment in youth level.

He is way behind Saka and Nelson and refused extension on his contract which was about to end next summer so club made the only thing they can with him. Really good prospect, but unfortunately for him he just plays the position we are best stocked at the moment in youth level.
Fair enough then.

Pepe done deal now. Pictured at training ground and being shown around.

Club now actively trying to offload both Koscielny (Rennes) and Mustafi (various clubs including Monaco), which if go through will see us sign a new CB.

Despite reported limited budget club is actually looking to do quite good business this summer.

Pepe done deal now. Pictured at training ground and being shown around.

Club now actively trying to offload both Koscielny (Rennes) and Mustafi (various clubs including Monaco), which if go through will see us sign a new CB.

Despite reported limited budget club is actually looking to do quite good business this summer.
Bit sad how its gone for Kosc surely theres more to the story considering he was loyal even in his prime plus playing through injury. Reports saying Xhaka will be the new captain which is shocking as if it was up to me he would be the first midfield player replaced.

Bit sad how its gone for Kosc surely theres more to the story considering he was loyal even in his prime plus playing through injury. Reports saying Xhaka will be the new captain which is shocking as if it was up to me he would be the first midfield player replaced.

Yeah I understand club stance on Koscielny as they were obviously looking to keep him for this season and release when Saliba is back and he is well aware he is under contract so instead of him bagging nice signing fee the acquiring club should just pay Arsenal and be done with it.

Picking actual Captain is quite hard as I have no real option from the squad which stands out. Ramsey would have been the one, but he's gone now.

Apparently there is now advancements in the Tierney deal with Celtic and we might see him in Arsenal shirt within a week.

If we manage to bag this one and then a CB this might actually be the best transfer window for Arsenal that I can remember. For a while this felt like worst since the window when we signed just Cech.