The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
so is this Martin rumour true Joss?

*Shrugs*

How the **** should I know? I'm not ITK in any way, I just cipher through a load of **** to find vaguely interesting or reliable stuff on twitter etc. We'll see I guess! ;)

so is this Martin rumour true Joss?

Why are you assuming he knows anything? From what I've seen, he's about as useful as a million monkeys on a million typewriters: occasionally he spits out something of worth on Arsenal and tactics, but it's few and far between. ;)

EDIT: Oh hey, somewhat zoomed.

Last edited:
I hope we buy a left winger and ship out Arshavin before this window ends.

I still don't understand the possibilty of a CAM(Joe Cole) to Lille, it's a strange one.

Wishful thinkful but hopefully a replacement for Hazard. ;(

I have the feeling the Vargas enquiry is true.

He wants out of Fiorentina and the club are happy to move him on.

Not just Sky Sports reporting it, outlets in Italy seem convinced that an English team has been in contact for him in the past 2 days, he's a name to watch.

LW/LM/LB are his positions, I was very impressed with him at the Copa America when he captained Peru. He's consistent, quick, smart, good on the ball and he works very hard for the team. He would be a good signing if indeed Wenger sees it through.

would be a good signing. vargas and santos on the left side would offer good width, and vargas could cover santos' roaming.

awesome. then both vagras and santos on the left will be good.

if so then santos is LB, and Vagras at LW, and we can maybe get hazard next season. :P

Last edited:
Vargas and Santos on the same flank seems far too one-dimensional for me. Arsenal's wide forwards have always cut in and offered a goal threat, which Vargas, for all his talents, doesn't do. Even worse, he's a great crosser but who would he cross it to? Van Persie's average in the air, and nobody else makes runs into the box.

Last edited:
Vargas and Santon on the same flank seems far too one-dimensional for me. Arsenal's wide forwards have always cut in and offered a goal threat, which Vargas, for all his talents, doesn't do. Even worse, he's a great crosser but who would he cross it to? Van Persie's average in the air, and nobody else makes runs into the box.

LOL. its santos

Vargas and Santos on the same flank seems far too one-dimensional for me. Arsenal's wide forwards have always cut in and offered a goal threat, which Vargas, for all his talents, doesn't do. Even worse, he's a great crosser but who would he cross it to? Van Persie's average in the air, and nobody else makes runs into the box.

The amazingly amazing Theo Walcott will drive into the box at full throttle from the right to score!

Back