The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsenal players didn't have breakfast this morning.They apparently 8-2 much last night.

not trolling or somethin.. couldnt resist when i saw it.

**** off BlueHeart!;)

Especially ******* hurts as back when I used to watch Arsenal with Petit and Viera kicking the **** out of Keane when Giggs won with his wonder goal, the players actually gave a ****. Watching Lansbury and Traore grinning at the final whistle ****** me right off.

And yes ajt, we're ****** if we wait for Christmas before we sign someone else, go let the negotiators splash the cash. I do not understand what an extra 10-20m matters if we don't get back into the champions league we stand to lose much more.. both in monetary terms and top players whose heads get turned by other clubs.

Arsenal players didn't have breakfast this morning.They apparently 8-2 much last night.

not trolling or somethin.. couldnt resist when i saw it.

Oh god these are bad, can we please stop the 8-2 and "Mata of time" jokes please....PLEASE!?

It's a shame Wenger didn't go for these players earlier in the transfer window...

I sure do hope he's getting sleepless nights..

Can just drop the D-line back, and Kos/TV5 have some pace to them. Do people expect a 6 and a half foot tank to outpace Messi as well? It's a good signing, for a good price and good age. Signifies that Wenger's letting go of some of his stubbornness in specific tactical ways and 'Arsenal' type players, which is something else I thought people would be happy about.

Not as simple as all that. Dropping the defensive line back has a whole host of knock-on effects. The team has to sit deeper as a whole or else leave space in between the lines, thus it's harder to counter-attack, and also reduces RVPs false nine effect.

It's not that I think it's a BAD signing - I like Mertesacker a lot - but I can understand why people aren't totally ecstatic.

its amazing how stubborn our manager is that it takes an 8-2 demolishing in order to force him to make serious activity in the market.
too little too late if you ask me cant see arsenal challenging anything apart from carling cup and even then...

who else is expected to sign ?

sorry im lil bit sick and im laying all day, and obviously missed the news

Park Chu Young has signed (ST). Mertesacker from Werder Bremen (CB) Medical. Santos from Fenerbache (LB) Medical.

Still looking for perhaps one or two mid-fielders and perhaps another CB.

Heard that Arsenal had agreed a fee with Chelsea on Alex as well. Signing spree indeed.

Park Chu Young has signed (ST). Mertesacker from Werder Bremen (CB) Medical. Santos from Fenerbache (LB) Medical.

Still looking for perhaps one or two mid-fielders and perhaps another CB.

Mertesacker is an amazing CB... but you shouldnt have let spurs have Cahill.. anyway, good signings IMO not sure about Chu Young though, is he good enough? cuz you need a lot of creativity and good defence, maybe the only position that is well filled is the GK.. amazing goalie, as ive already said before.

I have a question for all you Gooners. How do you feel about Wenger jetting off to France prepping up for commentating on the national sides match instead of remaining here to sort things out?

I have a question for all you Gooners. How do you feel about Wenger jetting off to France prepping up for commentating on the national sides match instead of remaining here to sort things out?

I'm not too concerned so long as he delivers the transfers, which he is so far.

Tbh, most of the remaining targets are in France. Not a big deal.

The only rumoured Midfield targets are in France. Hazard, Marvin Martin, M'villa.

Perhaps with the exception of Gotze but let's be honest, no chance.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

IMO, I think we will buy another CB, perhaps Cahill still. Move Djourou to a DM and buy a playmaker. Probably Marvin Martin.

Then we are sorted.

Interesting. If I was a Gunners fan I would've expected him to stay and show that he's committed to sorting out the mess the club is in right now (player wise).

I have a feeling Wenger might just nick Hazard before the deadline. Highly doubt it will happen but fingers crossed. :) We must get a playmaker either way, Gourcuff would be my personal choice.

Back