The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Interesting. If I was a Gunners fan I would've expected him to stay and show that he's committed to sorting out the mess the club is in right now (player wise).

He has probably already given a list of his targets. They will just ring him for confirmation, etc.

Besides. If he is going to France, he can stay there for the night and negotiate the deals for Hazard/Martin and M'villa tomorrow. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Cahill is fishy IMO.

We never make things public, so why would we tell them that we are no longer interested?

I think that we are trying to force Bolton's hand.

Funnily enough it looks like this 8-2 mauling could be the best thing that's happened to Arsenal in a while.

A draw or a narrow defeat might have led Wenger to believe everything was alright, whereas this has forced his hand.

Funnily enough it looks like this 8-2 mauling could be the best thing that's happened to Arsenal in a while.

A draw or a narrow defeat might have led Wenger to believe everything was alright, whereas this has forced his hand.

Yea, I agree. I was in bit of a shock when the first thing I saw coming from holidays was news about 8-2 defeat, but now it doesn't seem so bad anymore.

wooohoooo !! :D

Since i have last been on here we have just about signed 3 players

OptaJean Opta

70.2% - Mertesacker has won 70.2% of duels since 07/08, only Vidic has done better in top 5 Euro leagues (min 500 duels won). Clash.

whats that about?

dont u see it mate. from 18th to 1st place.

i got hampered by liverpool 6-3 in the start of the season, and my squad molare was only good and poor. sometimes very poor.
i also started to lose against minows, and i nearly got another spanking at chelsea. lol

isnt it like like irl now. arsenal currently lying 17th. just need time and a few tweaks to fix the mess and he are at the top again.

LOL

I'm just looking forward to Mertesacker in an Arsenal shirt. Aerial ball = BOSH

well the irony is that even after such a heroic performance and rising from 18th to 1st, by the end of the season, Man City and Man Udt start to battle the spot, and im lying facepalmed at sometimes 2nd and 3rd. . lol

Not sure about Mertesacker. Haven't seen a lot of him, but what I have seen has been pretty one-dimensional and slightly worrying for a team like Arsenal. He's good in the air, but turns like the plane Mourinho parked in the Camp Nou.

Park seems a solid signing for only 3m-ish. Clearly not coming in to be a starter, but from what I've read he's better/more versatile than Bendtner (who is likely to go on loan after all of that). Alex I know absolutely jack-all about. Apparently he's strong when attacking but weak defensively and has been described as a left sided Dani Alves. Lots of people have said he's over-rated by Brazil NT and shouldn't be there ahead of Marcelo (how can they leave HIM out? Best LB in the world atm IMO).

Wonder who we'll get in MF. Hope it's genuine quality - don't think Martin is an option; Grimandi (French scout) says he's not ready to move yet. Would still love for Hazard to do a U-Turn but don't see it this summer :(

M'Vila apparently subject of a 22m bid (REALLY? We bid 22M for someone?!) from us...

I find it amusing that as soon as Joss goes on holiday Arsenal buy a shitload of players.

Joss = Secret Arsenal scout? I think so.

Joss your holiday ruined my fun. WHERE WAS YOUR BREAKDOWN?!

Also your thoughts Arsenal not taking up the offer on Pjanic?

To be fair to him he did play quite well at the Copa America. I agree, Marcelo is better, but he was one of their key players.

I find it amusing that as soon as Joss goes on holiday Arsenal buy a shitload of players.

Joss = Secret Arsenal scout? I think so.

Or he finally lost the plot, lied about the holiday and has locked the board in with an AK and a few hundred rounds.

Joss your holiday ruined my fun. WHERE WAS YOUR BREAKDOWN?!

About the Utd match? Seriously wouldn't have gone on a rant - waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to cut about it to say anything more than "Scoreline was a little harsh" and "Coquelin looked good in parts"

Also your thoughts Arsenal not taking up the offer on Pjanic?

Erm. Uh.

He was good on FM08 (I think). That's all I know about him... Surely a reason Lyon (?) want rid though.

Or he finally lost the plot, lied about the holiday and has locked the board in with an AK and a few hundred rounds.

I wish. Although if I had a gun to Gazidis' head, I think I'd get him to sign slightly better quality than Park, Mertesacker and that Braziliand dude. ;)

----------

May have to eat my words on Marvin the Martian (C. @LadyArse) - Auclair apparently saying on TalkShite Radio he'll join tommorow. Usually accurate I believe.

Some guy from Eve Standard also says we're still interested in Cahill. Have Bolton shot themselves in the foot? Does Cahill WANT to join Sp*rs, or wait for a free move to Arsenal next season? Bolton shouldn't have made it public, and LOL at Gartside RTing someone saying "#Wengerisabell"

Back