The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Must be Wilshere, who is 2cm shorter than Arshavin apparently.

I, or rather Ix (my co-writer) has all that sort of information. Soo... When she gets on twitter she'll tell me and I'll pass it on ;)

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Righto. Wellington Silva (though not currently at the club) is the shortest at 179cm but heights vary depending where you look.

I, or rather Ix (my co-writer) has all that sort of information. Soo... When she gets on twitter she'll tell me and I'll pass it on ;)

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

Righto. Wellington Silva (though not currently at the club) is the shortest at 179cm but heights vary depending where you look.

Pretty sure Silva is 169cm tall. :P

Ouch. Arteta's on 72k/week?

That after taking a pay-cut from his 80k/week deal. Well, he took a pay-cut in real terms but as the article states, he will actually earn more since his contract is longer.

60k p/w for Diaby?

Wat.

It's crazy. Not to mention, he is usually injured for 7/8 of the season. People like Denilson and Bendtner are/were being massively over-payed as well in relative comparison to their ability.

I choked on my sandwich when I saw that Diaby 'earns' 60k p/w...

No wonder our wage bill is so ******* huge. oO)

gun__1315819814_arsenal_squad201112.jpg

Usmanov has bought two adjacent boxes at the Emirates and merged them into a superbox.

"Superbox", sounds like something out of KFC.

AST Meeting: Wenger has £50m to spend

Holy ****, did you guys know Diaby out-earned (that might not be a word, just made it up) Modric!!! :O Our wage structure definitely needs to be reviewed.

Ouch. Arteta's on 72k/week?

60k p/w for Diaby?

Wat.

That after taking a pay-cut from his 80k/week deal. Well, he took a pay-cut in real terms but as the article states, he will actually earn more since his contract is longer.

It's crazy. Not to mention, he is usually injured for 7/8 of the season. People like Denilson and Bendtner are/were being massively over-payed as well in relative comparison to their ability.

I choked on my sandwich when I saw that Diaby 'earns' 60k p/w...

No wonder our wage bill is so ******* huge. oO)

that includes, ME!!! :) XD :P

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/82784-financial-fiascoes.html

Haven't seen the game yet, but 1-1 is a decent result against a good team at a difficult ground to go to. Annoying to concede a late equaliser but **** happens.

Haven't seen the game yet, but 1-1 is a decent result against a good team at a difficult ground to go to. Annoying to concede a late equaliser but **** happens.

Dortmund should have put you to the sword in the first half. Two great goals, particular Dortmunds equaliser, which was unstoppable

well, imo its a decent game with great 2 goals, especially for dortmund.

[video=dailymotion;xl2pm5]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl2pm5_bor-1-1-ars_sport?start=195#from=embediframe[/video]

pretty scary first mintues, and wtf the back four on high line. sigh. bu good gk by Wojo AGAIN! rvps goal was great, onside adn a good tackle.

and ohhh peteric, a good goal, not thing we can do about it.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Dortmund should have put you to the sword in the first half. Two great goals, particular Dortmunds equaliser, which was unstoppable

if those went in, and also gervinho's one to, then the score line would be 3-2.

Arsenal wages structure has been a long term issue, think swiss ramble first picked up on it two years back. You offer young players very high wages relative to their ability when they join, and too many players of different ability have similar wage packets, there needs to be more of a heirachy

well, imo its a decent game with great 2 goals, especially for dortmund.

[video=dailymotion;xl2pm5]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl2pm5_bor-1-1-ars_sport?start=195#from=embediframe[/video]

pretty scary first mintues, and wtf the back four on high line. sigh. bu good gk by Wojo AGAIN! rvps goal was great, onside adn a good tackle.

and ohhh peteric, a good goal, not thing we can do about it.

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

if those went in, and also gervinho's one to, then the score line would be 3-2.

it should have been 4-0 before RVP scored

it should have been 4-0 before RVP scored

But they didn't. We say this all the time about Arsenal to be honest, but we get criticised for not taking our chances and yet when another team doesn't take their chances against us, it's "They should've been 4-0 up". If Ramsey had scored early on against Swansea it probably would have been easier. Walcott could've scored bar Caulker clearing off the line, etc.

It's the same with one team or the other in every game. Ifs, buts and maybes. We got a point which is a perfectly good result and it took them a ridiculously good equaliser to get anything from the game, regardless of what they deserved.

the second half defensive display was pretty good. Koscielny was amazing, and song held the world together. Onwards and upwards.

Back