The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
too clear some **** up, that stuff on cesc talking about arsenal recently

cese4official

Id never speak 1 bad work abt AFC, here there's once more prove that so many people put in newspaper wtv they want and its not professional.

I want Arsenal to be succesfull as much as every single fan. Thats not why i left, it was never in my mind. AFC made me who i am today.

And nobody will ever change that. I never gave any interview away since my press conference at my presentation and there i just said...
...The truth and what came out of my heart. Great words abt this great football club cause that just what they deserve: succes and trophies.

People can h8 me 4 leaving or remember that i gave my all for the club. But me talking 1 bad word or saying smthng against AFC will not seen

Last edited:
Yup.............you were just a couple pages late. :D

lol XD. i just realized it.

imo, doubt he will bs about arsenal for wenger for instance. i say the story is fake as ****, but does have a point, which has been repetitive for the last few years, trophies and success.

Wenger - Why we changed our corner routine

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger has revealed why he has altered the way Arsenal defend corners this season.

In the opening few games of the campaign, the Gunners have opted for a zonal system rather than the more traditional man-marking organisation.

Last season, the statistics suggested Arsenal conceded a relatively high proportion of goals from set-pieces. Wenger is not certain to continue with the experiment but, tellingly, his team are yet to concede from a corner this term.

"Yes we have changed our system a little bit," said Wenger. "It's too early to say that it works but the signs are positive.

"It has advantages and disadvantages. You need a great sense of individual responsibility with zonal marking. Taking initiative and responsibility is bigger.

"But it looks more rational. When you run after somebody, the players can cross each other and that can stop you from intervening. You are less subject to screening too

Wenger - Why we changed our corner routine | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague

Cesc has started proceedings to sue Sport magazine in the UK for making up an interview with him where he was supposed to critisize Arsenal

Arsene Wenger said:
People at the moment have a definite opinion. One game is played, and everyone knows who will win the European Cup, who will win the championship, everybody knows absolutely everything. When it is wrong the next day, nobody says: 'Sorry I was wrong.'

Great comment.

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague

Cesc has started proceedings to sue Sport magazine in the UK for making up an interview with him where he was supposed to critisize Arsenal

said that, andy gray will lead the line. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Best 14 mins. too love and enjoy the player, Thierry Henry

[video=youtube;bTebxpuryvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTebxpuryvI[/video]

I think Arsenal are out of the Prem. Carling Cup still is a possiblity and the CL and FA cups are doubts too. To be honest, this is more of a survival season for Arsenal.

While I admit we don't have a great chance of winning the EPL, it is way, way, way too early to count anyone out. Anything can happen in the next 34 games.

Jheeeze! People are so quick to write us off, it's only been ****** four games. You never know anything could happen.

Last edited:
Jheeeze! People are so quick to write us off, it's only been ****** four games. You never anything could happen.

You can see why, though. The team is noticeably weaker than in previous seasons, and your false start hasn't done much to dispel a general feeling of disappointment and anger around AFC at the moment. Anything could happen, indeed, but the probability of Arsenal turning this around and mounting a serious title challenge look a bit slim.

You can see why, though. The team is noticeably weaker than in previous seasons, and your false start hasn't done much to dispel a general feeling of disappointment and anger around AFC at the moment. Anything could happen, indeed, but the probability of Arsenal turning this around and mounting a serious title challenge look a bit slim.

Agreed. Put on paper, they're much weaker than last season.
Fabregas-Arteta
Nasri-Benayoun
Clichy-Andre Santos

One place you do look much better off, is centre half, but Mertesacker is still yet to really be challenged.

Fabregas-Arteta
Nasri-Benayoun
Clichy-Andre Santos

One place you do look much better off, is centre half, but Mertesacker is still yet to really be challenged.

That is the big plus about Arsenal's season so far, their defence. Maybe it's partly to do with them now trusting the keeper behind them, and now not having to rely on Squillaci and also having a good crop of complementary defenders (like the aggressive stoppers Vermaelen and Mertesacker playing alongside the more cultured and pacey Koscielny or Djourou), but Arsenal look better all-round defensively.

That is the big plus about Arsenal's season so far, their defence. Maybe it's partly to do with them now trusting the keeper behind them, and now not having to rely on Squillaci and also having a good crop of complementary defenders (like the aggressive stoppers Vermaelen and Mertesacker playing alongside the more cultured and pacey Koscielny or Djourou), but Arsenal look better all-round defensively.

Left side looks a bit dodgy, though. Crocked Gibbs, Santos; who I genuinely believe is not good, but only time will tell I suppose. Hoilett should get onto Santos today, for sure.

Obviously we are trying something new.

Every season for the last few years we have had a really poor finish to the season. This season we will start rubbish but end on fire ;)

Why does everyone overlook Gervinho's signing? For the love of God, there isn't a single place I haven't read that Nasri's replacement is Benayoun. Gervinho, given time, can be better than Nasri IMO. We might not challenge for the title but we're definitely good enough to get 4th and challenge for the domestic cups.

Fabregas-Arteta
Nasri-Benayoun
Clichy-Andre Santos

well Gervinho is Nasri's replacement..

Back