The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Yeah I know. My point was that I know for a fact that Cesc wouldn't say anything that would make us Arsenal fans sad but Nasri wouldn't hesitate. Hence if those were Nasri's words in the story, I would believe it to be true but I know Cesc wouldn't say anything like that.

They are arguably the best team in the world, which speaks volumes.

Wait, why? :S

All I said was that Fabregas won a trophy in his first few minutes at Barcelona, indisputable fact. Whether you like it or not, Barcelona are almost certain to be one of the favourites for all the trophies available, something that cannot be said about Arsenal. I merely pointed out that saying 'We'll see how many he wins at Barca' is a bit of a silly thing to say considering his practically instant success and reward.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Really?! ;)

Yeah Barca have 1 team as Title and Domesic Cup Rival. We have lots!

That's a mighty fine chunk of optimism you're sporting there Calum. Arsenal have TITLE RIVALS? ;)

GC has a point, Fabregas is probably going to win more in 2-3 years at Barca then he ever would if he had stayed at Arsenal his entire career. That's just the fact even if we Arsenal fans hate it. We aren't as great as we once used to be.

GC has a point, Fabregas is probably going to win more in 2-3 years at Barca then he ever would if he had stayed at Arsenal his entire career. That's just the fact even if we Arsenal fans hate it. We aren't as great as we once used to be.

Nah, Benayoun will carry us to glory once again.

When I saw that story from The Sun, I doubted that Cesc would actually say stuff like that. Even if he did think it, he would never say it in an interview.

It's a make or break season. Can Wenger pull something out of the hat? Hard to tell. Arsenal, like Villa recently, have had continued success whilst also falling short: Arsenal of a title/trophy, Villa of fourth place. Another parallel can be drawn. Villa last season had a bit of an insane season, a true make or break season, and in the end we came out pretty well. The winds of change continue to blow through Villa Park, but they don't do it with the sort of menace they did last year. I think the same kind of season we had last year might be yours to 'savour' this year. Up and down results, team bouncing between awful and actually pretty good, but all it comes down to is whether you can make that top four or win a trophy. Either one of those things would probably constitute a good season for Arsenal. Whether you can accomplish that is yet to be seen.

source = "The Sun", enough said.

Quotes actually come from Marca I believe, but same thing applies.

oO)Nasri has said nothing?

Fail. Read his post again ;)

Well, he won a trophy in his first 10 minutes or so at Barca.

20, and the SuperCopa doesn't count....

Still agree - unfortunately - with your general point, though.

Nah, Benayoun will carry us to glory once again.

Errrr....

Back