The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
That is the big plus about Arsenal's season so far, their defence. Maybe it's partly to do with them now trusting the keeper behind them, and now not having to rely on Squillaci and also having a good crop of complementary defenders (like the aggressive stoppers Vermaelen and Mertesacker playing alongside the more cultured and pacey Koscielny or Djourou), but Arsenal look better all-round defensively.
Mertesacker? An aggressive stopper?
Who have you been watching in the Bundesliga?

That is the big plus about Arsenal's season so far, their defence. Maybe it's partly to do with them now trusting the keeper behind them, and now not having to rely on Squillaci and also having a good crop of complementary defenders (like the aggressive stoppers Vermaelen and Mertesacker playing alongside the more cultured and pacey Koscielny or Djourou), but Arsenal look better all-round defensively.

ummm.

Blackburn 4
Arsenal 2

yep, defence looks solid.

I think Arsenal are out of the Prem. Carling Cup still is a possiblity and the CL and FA cups are doubts too. To be honest, this is more of a survival season for Arsenal.

elaborated it properly . u mean relegation or out of top 4 ?

tbh, im aiming for a CC final win. CL will be doubtfull, but i wont be surprised if we get to europa this season. FA is gonna be hard, cuz it starts in the winter, when alto of game happen, i dont see myself at least at the 1/4 finals this season.

ur trying to ease the tension of the defeat, eh Vlad. ;)

Lol that and the fact that it's actually interesting news.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Rivals? 54 hundreds of a second is pretty long on such a short distance. He's fast, he definitely is, but not as fast as Walcott.

Yup, in the world of athletics that is a huge difference.

elaborated it properly . u mean relegation or out of top 4 ?

tbh, im aiming for a CC final win. CL will be doubtfull, but i wont be surprised if we get to europa this season. FA is gonna be hard, cuz it starts in the winter, when alto of game happen, i dont see myself at least at the 1/4 finals this season.

I meant out of the race for number 1 spot. But I guess there's always next season.

No. We're just ****.

I think the players are decent enough for a Europe finish but the tactic isn't working. The reason we got destroyed at Man Utd was because after conceding we just kept attacking. Swansea and Nowich would sit back and hold out for as long as they can.
As long as we keep going for this flawed formation we aren't even going to finish in the top half.

I think the players are decent enough for a Europe finish but the tactic isn't working. The reason we got destroyed at Man Utd was because after conceding we just kept attacking. Swansea and Nowich would sit back and hold out for as long as they can.
As long as we keep going for this flawed formation we aren't even going to finish in the top half.

This. The formation and tactics need to be addressed. It doesn't work with the players we currently have. I see better defending playing in my Sunday league than Arsenal at the moment.

2007-2008 Team

Almunia (lol dont miss him)

Sagna Gallas Toure Clichy

Rosicky Fabregas Flamini Hleb

RvP/Eduardo Adebayor

that team was broken up far too soon :(

Back