The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sadly happens more often than you think. And this is why i raise eyebrows when people target footballers for "not being rolemodels"

Makes me shake my head. Like it's been mentioned, footballers should never be rolemodels. It's the parents. Though recently it's become apparent (especially at the Merseyside Derby) that some parents are clearly not fit to be so. Sorry state of affairs.

Makes me shake my head. Like it's been mentioned, footballers should never be rolemodels. It's the parents. Though recently it's become apparent (especially at the Merseyside Derby) that some parents are clearly not fit to be so. Sorry state of affairs.

If you are relying on an outside figure to be a true role model, then frankly you are failing as a parent

Apparently some people were spitting at Sagna as he was laying on the sideline, in addition to the obvious boos that were heard.

About as classy as the Arsenal fans who were doing the Adebayor chant.

really . LOL silly [sperm] fans

so which fan base is next in line to do some ridiculous-ness ?

i wouldnt mind blackburn fans throwing cooked chicken into the pitch :P

Don't whats wrong with some fans lately. Firstly the dickless Everton fans throwing missiles, and these incidents. Makes me sick

Yeah. Luckily Villa and Birmingham fans don't do that at derbies.

All we do is riot and throw chairs at each other.

Yeah. Luckily Villa and Birmingham fans don't do that at derbies.

All we do is riot and throw chairs at each other.

Today was derby day in Avellaneda. A Racing fan was shot in his, well, 'private parts' by an Independiente fan. The bullet went through his ******* and lodged in his buttocks. I'll take the chairs any day of the week, thank you very much.

Today was derby day in Avellaneda. A Racing fan was shot in his, well, 'private parts' by an Independiente fan. The bullet went through his ******* and lodged in his buttocks. I'll take the chairs any day of the week, thank you very much.

What is this, 'our riots are bigger than your riots'? :P

Actually is more like 'idiocy is contagious, but while our idiots are terminal yours can still be cured'.

Ours was, luckily. This is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. For all its faults, football in Britain has come along leaps and bounds, and we're now one of the most tolerant nations with some of the best fans in the world.

Ours was, luckily. This is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. For all its faults, football in Britain has come along leaps and bounds, and we're now one of the most tolerant nations with some of the best fans in the world.

Yeah, we've had our ups and downs too, but we've been having few of the former and plenty of the latter in recent years.

has it appeared in the local news. ;)

Maybe a bad start is a good change because in the past, every time you make a flying start, you normally end up out of the race by February anyway. It's only early! Stay optimistic, that's the only way I can support my team.

Maybe a bad start is a good change because in the past, every time you make a flying start, you normally end up out of the race by February anyway. It's only early! Stay optimistic, that's the only way I can support my team.

That's 'cause you support Wigan. ;)

A bad run of form.

18 points from 17 matches since February, I believe. By what duration must a 'bad run' continue by your reckoning, to then be considered something else?

That's an average of around 40 points a season or so. Relegation form, but still... in Wenger we trust.

Think whats more worrying is the drastic drop in form since losing the cup final. No-one else think there's a link there? Just haven't been the same since (aside from injuries causing problems obviously)

18 points from 17 matches since February, I believe. By what duration must a 'bad run' continue by your reckoning, to then be considered something else?

That's an average of around 40 points a season or so. Relegation form, but still... in Wenger we trust.

As far as I'm concerned, last season is behind us. The players should be thinking the same way... Difference yesterday was that unlike the first few games when we clearly did badly because we had zero self esteem and were still feeling sorry for ourselves, against Spurs we were simply beaten by a better team on the day.

We played OK, and were outdone by a handball goal and a screamer/GKing error. Of course it doesn't matter how they go in, as long as they do go in (legally, of course) but I don't see why we should ignore more positives games - Bolton, Olimpiacos, Udinese, Dortmund - when we played well so that we can criticise Wenger for everything bad that's happened. Not that injuries to key players and a fair bit of bad luck has had anything to do with us doing badly at all. Nope. Not at all. It's all Wenger's fault.

Every time something bad happens, it's all Wenger's fault and we're in a "crisis" (While still no one mentions Liverpool's last 5 years), but if something good happens it's a one-off, lucky, or it doesn't matter. We've played 7 games and people are writing us off the Top 7. Lolz.

Arsenal are doomed. There are afterall, only 31 games left.

Back