The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
As far as I'm concerned, last season is behind us. The players should be thinking the same way... Difference yesterday was that unlike the first few games when we clearly did badly because we had zero self esteem and were still feeling sorry for ourselves, against Spurs we were simply beaten by a better team on the day.

Should, but aren't. That, or they just aren't as good as people might believe.

Joss said:
We played OK, and were outdone by a handball goal and a screamer/GKing error. Of course it doesn't matter how they go in, as long as they do go in (legally, of course) but I don't see why we should ignore more positives games - Bolton, Olimpiacos, Udinese, Dortmund - when we played well so that we can criticise Wenger for everything bad that's happened. Not that injuries to key players and a fair bit of bad luck has had anything to do with us doing badly at all. Nope. Not at all. It's all Wenger's fault.

I don't really think you played that well in the CL group stage games thus far. I've been watching each of them, and none have really set the group alight. The performance against Bolton was somewhat better, but then they are bottom of the league at the moment, so...

It's a large part Wenger's fault (also hugely on the player's shoulders of course) because the defending for many years now has been below par. He's the only man who can address that situation, either personally or by introducing new coaching staff that can do the job for him. He has chosen not to, and the common consensus is because of his stubbornness. That and your players seem to lack any motivation whatsoever. Szczesny is still pulling out good performances, and so is Sagna for the most part. RVP though must be considering his options more and more as time goes by.

Joss said:
Every time something bad happens, it's all Wenger's fault and we're in a "crisis" (While still no one mentions Liverpool's last 5 years), but if something good happens it's a one-off, lucky, or it doesn't matter. We've played 7 games and people are writing us off the Top 7. Lolz.

I didn't mention the word "crisis", though it may be suitably apt in a few more weeks. 7 games, sure, not many of the 38 total to play in the Premier League, and yet for that not to be a problem, you're assuming that this poor Arsenal team will improve while Tottenham, Liverpool and whoever else is hovering around the European spots start performing poorly, despite having a much better set of players overall; judging by results over a 6 month period.

Stoke aren't great, despite a solid start.

Shawcross and Huth keep ruining my FT points.

To be fair, both Liverpool and Tottenham have also been fairly inconsistent so far this season. Spurs weren't great against us, and got battered with fuller strength sides than we've had by both City and Utd earlier on in the season. Beating a 9 man Liverpool 4-0 was their highlight this season, but it took them going down to 9 men for the goals to start pouring in.

Arsenal are good enough to improve, and 7ish points isn't that much to make up over 30 odd games. Let's see how Tottenham cope when their best right-back, goalkeeper, centre-back, and centre-mid get injured. You say we didn't invest, yet while we bought 5 players at the end of the window, you bought Scott Parker and... Emmanuel Adebayor. The most inconsistent striker in the league IMHO; he always was at Arsenal too. He drifts in and out of games and seasons. Oh, and you kept an unhappy player. #Winning

Remember when people used to complain that there were too many injuries in FM? LOL

that CO are massive LOLZ

or Woj leaves?

Woj will leave for Barca, Van Persie to someone like Bayern, Wilshere to United. Sagna, Arteta and Vermaelen will all stay but it won't be enough to stop Arsenal from sliding into mid-table obscurity. ;)

Remember when people used to complain that there were too many injuries in FM? LOL

There are too many injuries in FM. Arsenal is arguably the only team that gets so many injuries so frequently. Seriously, where the **** do you train? It's un-*******-believable.

There are too many injuries in FM. Arsenal is arguably the only team that gets so many injuries so frequently. Seriously, where the **** do you train? It's un-*******-believable.

London Colney.

Back