The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
people hate the Europa League dunno why though as thats what we will be in next season if we are lucky and i would love us to win it.

It's essentially the second best league of European competitions, that's why.

'I felt we played with the handbrake on'

on a frustrating afternoon…
Yes, because in the first half I felt we played a little but with the handbrake on. Even playing like that we had four chances. At half time we came out and had a go at them and got it back to 1-1. I felt again that we didn't push on enough and let them get back into the game.

We lack a little bit of confidence at the moment, and we just need to protect a result when we have one.

on Tottenham's first goal…
It is frustrating as well because their first goal was handball. I wonder what the linesmen do in these situations. It is a second yellow card as well because he already had one - for handball, on purpose.

on the question of Van deer Vaart going into the crowd and not being booked
I am not a fan of that. I can understand that when a player scores there has to be some spontaneous reaction to a goal.

on the second goal conceded…We did not defend properly and we were punished for it. I have to see it again, but yes Sczesny certainly looks disappointed.

on title hopes… LOL
I do not think like that, I think at the moment we have to set ourselves a realistic target and to get in touch with the teams who are fighting for the Champions League positions. If you say today we will win the league it is not realistic.

At the moment we are 12 points behind Manchester United and Manchester City - that's not realistic to say today that we will win the league. We have to fight to come back into a much better position, that's reality.

on the chants from both fans…
We respect everybody and we want to be respected as well.

on Sagna injury…
We are very worried about his injury. He is in hospital at the moment and it is too early to say but the first signs do not look good at all. It is the fibula in the ankle that has to be checked, that is what I have been told. We will know tonight.

I think he was pushed quite hard by Assou-Ekotto and I'm not sure what happened to him. He might have landed the wrong way, I don't know. I will have to see it again. Straight away he wanted to be substituted.

Arsenal.com

Spurs to in the league, sigh i'll be shellshock when that happens ;(

and again, injury woes, sanga ;(

people hate the Europa League dunno why though as thats what we will be in next season if we are lucky and i would love us to win it.

Because it's the equivalent to being given a trophy just for competing at school - it has no value.

Yep, it's confirmed.

Broken right fibula. Having surgery tomorrow and will be out for about 3 months.

I really have no confidence in Jenks, not ready at all for first team football PL football.

Gunna be a lonnnnnnnnnnng 3 months :(

Yep, it's confirmed.

Broken right fibula. Having surgery tomorrow and will be out for about 3 months.

this season is burnt.....nuff said. ! and this season matches this beautiful song by Usher - Burn!

[video=youtube;t5XNWFw5HVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5XNWFw5HVw&feature=related[/video]

*sry if it abit nsfw type :P

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

I really have no confidence in Jenks, not ready at all for first team football PL football.

i doubt we have another good rb, cuz eastmond a real joke too :P if thats the case then....time to move to a 3 man defense.

3 Man Defence?

Kos Per Dojourou

How to make Arsenal even worse.

It'll either be Jenkinson or Coquelin. Unless we try shifting someone like Koscielny out there, but I'd rather not do that.

Because it's the equivalent to being given a trophy just for competing at school - it has no value.

That depends. For a club like Arsenal, sure. But for the Stokes and Fulhams of the world the competition is a hard one and winning it would certainly count as an achievement.

That depends. For a club like Arsenal, sure. But for the Stokes and Fulhams of the world the competition is a hard one and winning it would certainly count as an achievement.

We will be joining that club soon ;)

I think Wenger won't play Jenkinson at RB, he'll probably play Djourou or Koscielny imo. But still, we're pretty much ****** either way. At this rate, I'm thinking we'll find it tough just to get into the Europa league next season.

3 Man Defence?

Kos Per Dojourou

How to make Arsenal even worse.

It'll either be Jenkinson or Coquelin. Unless we try shifting someone like Koscielny out there, but I'd rather not do that.

Coquelin is better of we he was. imo hes' the best performer for arsenal today. Koscienly will work out, but not to the fullest.

having said that, we just have to see what Jenkinson can do. taking out the OT 8-2 performace , and like before in the preseason when we said him as one for the future

I think Wenger won't play Jenkinson at RB, he'll probably play Djourou or Koscielny imo. But still, we're pretty much ****** either way. At this rate, I'm thinking we'll find it tough just to get into the Europa league next season.

him at RB, more terrible lol.

or let santos sacrifice him self to be places at RB ;)

I think Wenger will trust Jenkinson. It's what he bought him for, after all, to be a backup to Sagna. If he's not going to play him for the express purpose he bought him then what's the point?

So, just like in my analogy, the best don't care for it, but the drip tray wielders of the class are delighted with a trophy? :)

All the more reason for us to have signed a more reliable back-up. Although tbf, Sagna is one of our less injury prone players. Someone like Vrsaljko or Dabo (Lyon bought him for 1.5m euros iirc :O) would've been better additions imo.

Back