The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
So, just like in my analogy, the best don't care for it, but the drip tray wielders of the class are delighted with a trophy? :)

I wouldn't know, they never gave me **** at school!

Christ. If Arsenal lose one more player to injury, I really do fear for them. Not relegation or anything-that just won't happen. With the squad being stretched, there's risk of being outside top 7. Think Moyes will have his phone switched off during whole January just in case ;)

Christ. If Arsenal lose one more player to injury, I really do fear for them. Not relegation or anything-that just won't happen. With the squad being stretched, there's risk of being outside top 7.

Just waiting for the inevitable RVP injury during the international break.

Seems timely.

Christ. If Arsenal lose one more player to injury, I really do fear for them. Not relegation or anything-that just won't happen. With the squad being stretched, there's risk of being outside top 7. Think Moyes will have his phone switched off during whole January just in case ;)

the nightmares has begun. ;(

Christ. If Arsenal lose one more player to injury, I really do fear for them. Not relegation or anything-that just won't happen. With the squad being stretched, there's risk of being outside top 7.

Agreed. I'm so pessimistic right now, If we were somehow magically given 6th spot and told that the season had ended right here, I'd take it gladly.

How about we don't start planning for a injury to van Persie.

It's inevitable. I can't remember the last time he completed a full season without an injury.
Maybe so, but how about we try being positive instead of talking about an injury that hasn't even occured.

And he has only missed two games through injury this year, one of wich was Orient in the FA Cup which he wouldn't of played anyway. Take out the two long-term injuries he had over the last two seasons and he actually isn't as perma-crock as it seems.

Last edited:
Thought the result was a little harsh, but at the same time Spurs deserved it if that makes sense... They worked hard and deserved to get something out of it more than we did, but the first goal was against the run of play (and a handball) and the second was annoyingly typical of the sort of goals Spurs have been scoring against us at WHL recently.

In the end, either team probably could have won it - we certainly could if we had converted our dominance in that 40 minute period either side of half-time and Szczesny had to make a couple of smart stops to keep us in it.

It wasn't really the best game, though (and no, I'm not saying that because we lost). 11 shots on target overall isn't great and there was very few clear-cut chances for either side. Defoe was excellent in his movement off the ball, VdV was quiet aside from his goal, Bale drifted in and out of the game until Sagna (3 months) came off.

Still think this result should be taken far less seriously than it is. We're not in ******* crisis - we've been playing well recently and we played OK against Spurs. We had a dreadful start to the season in the first 2/3 games and as far as I'm concerned, that run is now over. We need to find some consistency but we're easily capable of turning this around with hard-work and a bit of luck (which has been non-existent for us this season).

Apparently some people were spitting at Sagna as he was laying on the sideline, in addition to the obvious boos that were heard.

About as classy as the Arsenal fans who were doing the Adebayor chant.

Apparently some people were spitting at Sagna as he was laying on the sideline, in addition to the obvious boos that were heard.

About as classy as the Arsenal fans who were doing the Adebayor chant.

Don't whats wrong with some fans lately. Firstly the dickless Everton fans throwing missiles, and these incidents. Makes me sick

Don't whats wrong with some fans lately. Firstly the dickless Everton fans throwing missiles, and these incidents. Makes me sick
Sadly happens more often than you think. And this is why i raise eyebrows when people target footballers for "not being rolemodels"

Back