The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I admit I'm a casual to medium fan of Arsenal (They are my favorite team however; I don't get to watch too much soccer in the USA)

but what does Arshavin bring to the team? I know he was good in Russia, but he hasn't really panned out has he?

I admit I'm a casual to medium fan of Arsenal (They are my favorite team however; I don't get to watch too much soccer in the USA)

but what does Arshavin bring to the team? I know he was good in Russia, but he hasn't really panned out has he?

Quality, whenever he actually bothers to turn up, which isnt very often

Every match I watch, he always plays rubbish. Today wasn't so bad but his crossing was poor and when he had space to work on the flank, he forfeited it by allowing a defender to close him down.

I assume he's still with the team because we can't find a halfway decent offer.

Every match I watch, he always plays rubbish. Today wasn't so bad but his crossing was poor and when he had space to work on the flank, he forfeited it by allowing a defender to close him down.

I assume he's still with the team because we can't find a halfway decent offer.

He's so inconsistent, in a role that requires consistency. Not worth the hassle most of the time

Ramsey put in a relatively decent shift tonight I thought, and topped it off with the goal.

He hasn't looked very good at all recently, but maybe he'll improve from here on.

in the being 6 months of the season when he arrived he was what we want. and it show in the liverpool game :P

tbh, it confidence that lacking for him atm. but i like his agility. quick Russian :P

He will stay at Chelsea. No doubt about that. If he is sold, who will miss all those chances.

Kalol said:
I think we're going to agree on something good,’

‘I want to stay, I want to be here. I like Chelsea. I've had a fantastic five seasons here and won some prizes.

‘Chelsea are looking forward to the future and I'm still a young player and I think my future can be here.’

He will stay at Chelsea. No doubt about that. If he is sold, who will miss all those chances.

I think we are offering him a new contract so that we do not lose him for nothing in January and his value remains true... he may still go in the summer

I think we are offering him a new contract so that we do not lose him for nothing in January and his value remains true... he may still go in the summer

Why will he sign a contract knowing he will be off in summer. Without signing the contract he can sign with Club of his choice (Provided they want him) with big signing on fee.

If he signs then I can see him staying beyond this summer.

Why will he sign a contract knowing he will be off in summer. Without signing the contract he can sign with Club of his choice (Provided they want him) with big signing on fee.

If he signs then I can see him staying beyond this summer.

I think AVB wants him, lets be honest he isen't fantastic but he does score goals and all top sides need players like Kalou. If he is on the bench he dosen't moan and just gets on with it, true professional.

The genius who will inspire Arsenal to the title this season

I find it hard to understand why Wenger would be interested in bringing in Kalou, when he hasn't even given his new striker a chance yet. Park can't have been bought just for the purpose of increasing the clubs profile in East Asia, or what do you guys think?

I think park was bought with the certainty that RvP wont make it through the whole season, im not saying he will be injured, but he wont be 100% all season with Premier League, Champions League, Carling and FA Cups. And if we where left with just Chamakh, he may suffer from burn-out like last season. However, with just 1 striker, he wont be needed much, so why not use those oppertunities to move Walcott in the middle.

Yes, that is a good point, but if he is to lead the line at some point during the season, the manager should have some faith in him. He was not the player Wenger brought on against Sunderland when we desperately needed a goal, so what does that say about how Wenger rates his goalscoring abilities? I really hope Walcott is given a chance through the middle soon, he seems so demoralized these days. And why shouldn't he be? He probably knows just how wasteful he is as a winger

In all honesty, the way that they both said they prefer to play, you would think that Wenger would at least try RVP out on the right wing and Walcott as a striker?

The strike force would most likely look like ..

Arshavin - Walcott - RVP

In all honesty, the way that they both said they prefer to play, you would think that Wenger would at least try RVP out on the right wing and Walcott as a striker?

The strike force would most likely look like ..

Arshavin - Walcott - RVP

Can't really see AW putting van Persie on the wing to be honest. He's got a fabulous cross but I'd have thought he'd be a bit limited, especially on that left side. He's our best player, best shooter, probably most determined and brave so we need him to barge around up front. Maybe it'll be worth a shot for a 'smaller' game (if we have those anymore :S) as to change around if it's not suiting without having to worry about things going wrong.

Back