The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I rememeber when people were going on about how they should have signed barton, because of what he said and the fact that QPR were above them at the time (after 5 freaking game). 7 games later, Arsenal are 7 points ahead and in considerably better form. Patience, not change.

Fed up with everybody saying Arsenal are a 'one man team'......When its just simply not the case!!!

Fed up with everybody saying Arsenal are a 'one man team'......When its just simply not the case!!!

Without RVP though, they'd struggle for a replacement goal scorer-and he is one of the best in Europe. But I don't believe they're a one man team either-hence the word TEAM.

No team is a one-man team. I do worry that Arsenal are over-reliant on him though. Compared with previous seasons, where goals came from all over the pitch, this isn't a good trend.

[video=youtube;1CAEdipcx_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAEdipcx_s&feature=feedu[/video]

it been while im seeing this, most goals coming from one player. nah i dont think its a 'big' problem. but i would like to see Park do some damage too !

RVP is just as good as Fulham lol

Robin van Persie has scored 13 league goals this season - as many as all of Fulham players combined.

Last edited:
Who do you think will feature today in starting 11 & Bench?

My guess:
Sczcesny , Kos , Mert , TV5 , Santos , Song, Arteta, Rambo, Walcott, Arshavin & Robin.
Bench: Fabianski, Djourou, Coquelin, Diaby, Chambo, Park & Chamakh

Hoping that Coquelin , Ox and Chamakh get some game time and Song, Walcott & Robin some rest.

Last edited:
From the BBC:

1812: Cracking stat from infostradalive: This is the first time since September 2005 that Arsenal start a Premier League match without a Frenchman in the team.

Well he's brazilian... He seems to get also defensively better which is great. Also Djourou's been good so far today.

Yeah, Djourou has looked solid enough. But we've lacked creativity imo. Not too many chances and the game has been rather dull. Let's hope it changes in the second half. One bright side is Walcott though. He has been terrific so far, just lacked the finish.

Yeah, Djourou has looked solid enough. But we've lacked creativity imo. Not too many chances and the game has been rather dull. Let's hope it changes in the second half. One bright side is Walcott though. He has been terrific so far, just lacked the finish.

Yea Arshavin looked promising at start, but faded little to the end... Also Song has been good as usual... Everytime we lose ball on our half he's there to fight it back and if I'm not wrong has won it everytime this far.

Yea Arshavin looked promising at start, but faded little to the end... Also Song has been good as usual... Everytime we lose ball on our half he's there to fight it back and if I'm not wrong has won it everytime this far.

I know van Persie is getting a lot of plaudits so far this season, but for me Song has played an equally important role for us. Thank God he isn't going to the African Cup of Nations.

Back