The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
He was decent/good when younger, but at his age he cant adapt to Premier at all. We saw how hard it was for Kos, but he has adapted now and shows the quality Wenger saw in him.

True. He used to highly rated when he played for Monaco and Lyon. That's also when he picked up the chunk of his France caps I think. But like you said, he is a bit too old to adapt to the EPL.

Just saw this on other page and was about to post. ******* ****.

It seems Wenger needs to go on market for another fullback.

Wonder how many sites will be full of stories linking Leighton Baines to Arsenal

Wonder how many sites will be full of stories linking Leighton Baines to Arsenal

Soon first begins Rodwell to Utd, followed by Bartley to Chelsea and then Baines to first to us and then Spuds because they want everyplayer that's linked to us and then maybe Citeh cos they want just about everybody.

how big is the chance of that happening? Does Leighton want a move? Another player of yours that I admire :D

At first, there was no chance. But lately there's frustration starting to come through the squad about having to buy players, inability to score goals. Things don't improve, who can tell. But DM definately does not want to sell him.

Soon first begins Rodwell to Utd, followed by Bartley to Chelsea and then Baines to first to us and then Spuds because they want everyplayer that's linked to us and then maybe Citeh cos they want just about everybody.

Pretty much why i hate every transfer window-last one especially. Was ****. Would be great though if Bainsey stayed and we got Peinnar on loan (which is possible) as it would greatly strengthen the squad

Got to love Arsenal fans sometimes. Keep trollin' on

Pretty much why i hate every transfer window-last one especially. Was ****. Would be great though if Bainsey stayed and we got Peinnar on loan (which is possible) as it would greatly strengthen the squad

Pienaar on loan could happen i think, especially if we go out of the Europa and with Kranjcar coming back to fitness we have no need for him, not that we ever did. Would probably just be a case of you affording his ridiculously high wages -_-

Pienaar on loan could happen i think, especially if we go out of the Europa and with Kranjcar coming back to fitness we have no need for him, not that we ever did. Would probably just be a case of you affording his ridiculously high wages -_-

I've never understood why Harry bought him tbh. I know he's an excellent player, but so is Kranjcar. Just seemed a pointless purchase and seemed to unbalance the squad imo.

I've never understood why Harry bought him tbh. I know he's an excellent player, but so is Kranjcar. Just seemed a pointless purchase and seemed to unbalance the squad imo.

Think he just bought him because he was cheap. Don't think it unbalanced the squad tbf, just never really did anything. Don't quite understand myself what Pienaar brings to the table.

Think he just bought him because he was cheap. Don't think it unbalanced the squad tbf, just never really did anything. Don't quite understand myself what Pienaar brings to the table.

On the top of his game he's definately got the ability to score goals, do defence splitting passes, very quick. Like the goal he got against Arsenal when his run split the defence in two and he lobbed the keeper. He can have his moments definately. But when you already have Kranjcar....was just a pointless purchase tbh. Saying that, Harry does like his midfielders too lol

That whole bit was supposed to be kind of a joke because that's what everyone is saying: " Spurs buy only players Arsenal is linked with " and so on.

Let's just get Erik Pieters before Ncastle snap him up or try to work out a deal for Criscito involving Arshavin going back. ( Yes I know wont happen, but one can hope )

That whole bit was supposed to be kind of a joke because that's what everyone is saying: " Spurs buy only players Arsenal is linked with " and so on.

Strangely some Arsenal fans do actually believe it though. Also find it laughable how you call us Spuds. So childish.

Sadly, we'd be mistaken to believe Wenger is lining up another LB. He is just going to play Vermaelen there or give Miquel a chance. I know Cissokho might be available for a reasonable price, but again I doubt Wenger is planning on signing anyone at all.

Sadly, we'd be mistaken to believe Wenger is lining up another LB. He is just going to play Vermaelen there or give Miquel a chance. I know Cissokho might be available for a reasonable price, but again I doubt Wenger is planning on signing anyone at all.

He's going to rely on Gibbs and he probably will be back for 3-5 games and then injured rest of the season.

He's going to rely on Gibbs and he probably will be back for 3-5 games and then injured rest of the season.

Makes me wonder if Gibbs will ever fully exploit his potential. He is undoubtedly talented but just so injury-prone. Why oh why did we let Clichy go. He was pretty solid bar the occasional blunder or two.

Makes me wonder if Gibbs will ever fully exploit his potential. He is undoubtedly talented but just so injury-prone. Why oh why did we let Clichy go. He was pretty solid bar the occasional blunder or two.

Wenger cant give Gibbs chances forever. Sometime he just gotta cut his losses on him and get player with no injury history. I think Clichy wanted too much wages and we weren't prepared to give those cos Wenger wanted to make Gibbs nr1 LB.

how big is the chance of that happening? Does Leighton want a move? Another player of yours that I admire :D
Won't happen. Wenger won't spend 15-20 million on Baines when Santos is back in 3 months. Got Gibbs coming back and Vermaelen and Miquel can play at LB.

If anything we will get a RB so Jenkinson isn't number 2. Ideally get someone who can play on both sides but I'm not sure there is too many of those.

Back