The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
All the more reason to get Yanga Mbiwa. Wenger just do it. :D

No chance of getting him. Montpellier want to keep challenging and isn't he their captain?

I really would like idea of trying to do swap deal with Zenit. Criscito for Arshavin. People might first think that wont happen, BUT he's one of the best players ever there and I'd guess their fans would want him back if possible. Also he's quite adaptable and can play in several roles.

Also their season is over in Russia so they would have time to get replacement before new one begins.

I really would like idea of trying to do swap deal with Zenit. Criscito for Arshavin. People might first think that wont happen, BUT he's one of the best players ever there and I'd guess their fans would want him back if possible. Also he's quite adaptable and can play in several roles.
Arshavin is out of contract at the end of the season so that could well happen.

Haven't heard a thing about the club trying to extend the contract so I assume they are looking to get rid of him this window.

Arshavin is out of contract at the end of the season so that could well happen.

Haven't heard a thing about the club trying to extend the contract so I assume they are looking to get rid of him this window.

Yea Criscito would be cup tied for CL, but no matter. He's also quite good playing as CB so we could easily offload Squillaci aswell.

No chance of getting him. Montpellier want to keep challenging and isn't he their captain?

Also their season is over in Russia so they would have time to get replacement before new one begins.

i would like to see that happening , Criscito for Arshavin. i mean if arshavin is gonna leave, then its to some other clubs in europe, or if its back to mother russia, then Zenit is his home. anhiz isn't.

Criscito is cuptied :'(

Would be really good move if Wenger decides to loan Frimpong to Wolves/Bolton... and Coquelin to Lille. We'd get real quality backup for Song.

lolwut.

Frimps to Wolves on loan for the second half of the season will be good for him. it would have been better if he went on loan at the beginning of the season since returning from a bad injury, that now haunts henderson.

as for Coquelin, no. im sure he wont like being on loan again. imo he's a good back up of song for the time being. and Cameroon wont be in the CAN competition, so song is available for us, while chamhk and gervinho are out for a months time.

and
Coquelin loan would ease Hazard transfer because cant see Götze leaving just yet.

lols. ;) maybe not now . but who knows, maybe in the next summer, we can get them both ;) XD

Last edited:
Daily Fail are claiming Torres is avaliable for £20 million. Needing a striker, this got me thinking. What do others think about bringing him to Arsenal?

Obviously the biggest worry would be paying £20 million for a guy who does what Chamakh is already doing and not scoring. But of course it Wenger can get him back to the Torres of old that £20 mill would look like a bargain and would give us two world class strikers.

I'd love to see him play for us because I reckon our way of playing would suit him but £20 million is far too much of a risk to have him continue his awful form.

Daily Fail are claiming Torres is avaliable for £20 million. Needing a striker, this got me thinking. What do others think about bringing him to Arsenal?

Obviously the biggest worry would be paying £20 million for a guy who does what Chamakh is already doing and not scoring. But of course it Wenger can get him back to the Torres of old that £20 mill would look like a bargain and would give us two world class strikers.

I'd love to see him play for us because I reckon our way of playing would suit him but £20 million is far too much of a risk to have him continue his awful form.

Wenger has reputation of getting the best out of players ( well not all but still... ) but I wouldnt want him. Too much of a gamble. Player swap involving some of our not needed players is another matter, but they wouldn't accept that.

i would like to get him, but not if he does something like this

[video=youtube;EusI4xO8gVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EusI4xO8gVM[/video]

LOL *smh*

do we really need another DM. i would say we better do something to ease the fullback situation, mainly in the rb since djouro is not good there. kos did well, its not their natural position.

Well Djourou doesn't seem to be good anywhere anymore :D , but still cant see Wenger going for another FB. He's going to stick with players he has until summer unless someone becomes available for good price.

lolwut.

Frimps to Wolves on loan for the second half of the season will be good for him. it would have been better if he went on loan at the beginning of the season since returning from a bad injury, that now haunts henderson.

as for Coquelin, no. im sure he wont like being on loan again. imo he's a good back up of song for the time being. and Cameroon wont be in the CAN competition, so song is available for us, while chamhk and gervinho are out for a months time.

and

lols. ;) maybe not now . but who knows, maybe in the next summer, we can get them both ;) XD

No. I think Götze will stay with Dortmund for another year. He's still living with his parents after all. It's quite a big jump travelling from there to completely different country.

Hazard becomes available in summer and we have money to buy him and place in the squad. ( Arshavin's and Rosicky's contract's are about to end then. ) So it would be good to do a loan deal for Coquelin to smooth things up and if he does well and we get Biglia sell him to them with buyback clause. He get's game time and if he does really well we can get him back for good price.

i would like to get him, but not if he does something like this

[video=youtube;EusI4xO8gVM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EusI4xO8gVM[/video]

LOL *smh*

If I did miss like that in a game I couldn't take it that smoothly. I'd turn into Hulk or something.

Back