The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Actually if he had made the challenge a bit late then it would've been a penalty which would have been even worse but I agree he probably had to take that second yellow rather than let them score.

If they got a pen, they could have skied it or Ches might have saved it ;)

Walcott IS ****.

Should be preparing for the 100m in the Olympics. Not a footballer.

If they got a pen, they could have skied it or Ches might have saved it ;)

It would be a possibility I suppose. But I'm very disappointed with the second half display. We were awful and probably deserved to lose. One point though was the Senderos challenge on Gervinho early on. It looked like a penalty to me but we're pretty unlucky when it comes to receiving penalties. :(

Utter ****, first half was alright but we just do not look like we can cut a hole in other teams these days. Arteta sits deep, Ramsey passes it sideways then either Walcott passes it back to Djourou or Gervinho ***** it up some other way.

Walcott was lazy and did nothing of use, keeper made a mistake and Djourou and Squillaci looked like they should be back in the reserves cocking up where it matters less.

I've been a fan for ******* ages but why we persist playing with **** players who clearly are unworthy of even clearing Henry's boots gets so **** irritating.

On a plus note, Coquelin looked alright dropped into it at left back.

What else could he do?

let fulham score?

Not sure they would've, I agree there wasn't much else for him to do but I think he could've done better than get himself sent off.

Utter ****, first half was alright but we just do not look like we can cut a hole in other teams these days. Arteta sits deep, Ramsey passes it sideways then either Walcott passes it back to Djourou or Gervinho ***** it up some other way.

Walcott was lazy and did nothing of use, keeper made a mistake and Djourou and Squillaci looked like they should be back in the reserves cocking up where it matters less.

I've been a fan for ******* ages but why we persist playing with **** players who clearly are unworthy of even clearing Henry's boots gets so **** irritating.

On a plus note, Coquelin looked alright dropped into it at left back.

imo, he's better that rb, than in lb.

He probably is, but my point was that he did an alright job and ran with energy, something the rest of the team lacked where it seems they think RVP can just win it for them. Rosicky should probably start as at least he has direction and will make a run forward. Where are the one-two's? Where are the diagonal runs behind the full back and into the box (I'm looking at you Walcott!)

You can't seriously tell me we lose Nasri and Fabregas and suddenly forget how to play one touch stuff.

He probably is, but my point was that he did an alright job and ran with energy, something the rest of the team lacked where it seems they think RVP can just win it for them. Rosicky should probably start as at least he has direction and will make a run forward. Where are the one-two's? Where are the diagonal runs behind the full back and into the box (I'm looking at you Walcott!)

You can't seriously tell me we lose Nasri and Fabregas and suddenly forget how to play one touch stuff.

DUDE, SIMMER DOWN FFS. i know the world hate walcott, but still god ****. if ur gonna blame the game on walcott, u be happy. i would say is its just a bad game. the last minutes where terrifying. sigh at djourou, and he's being played in rb, which is not his natural position.

and we aren't playing one touch like before, fyi. cant see its happen again. maybe arteta can since he has some 'barca-roots' in him, but we have moved on now.

went strolling in twitter, and shame at some tweets. some sensible, while others are ludicrous.
definitely there are some bandwagon arsenal fans. off u go be a spuds fan.

I'm relaxed mate, just frustrated. And no I don't purely blame Walcott, I highlight him as he's supposedly one of our top players who did absolutely nothing today, nor tried. Were the goals his fault? No, not really.

Also if you play a slow build up you need to be able to pull out the one touch passing in the final third or you just get pushed off the ball. I agree I can't see the current side capable of it though.

Regarding bandwaggoning, it's probably a reaction to just how many games Arsenal go 1-0 up then throw the game away in the 2nd half. It's practically a certainty, that's probably why the reaction you are reading it "Argh, again!".

I do wonder about the whole "off be a spuds fan" thing though, since when was wanting your team to play well and being frustrated when they don't perform.. is seen as being a poor fan :)?

saw on the BBC feed Arsenal had won their last 10 games where they were 1-0 up at half time
#justsaying

arsen.gif

I watched the match today, and I could see our players were tired. At first, I thought we were going to win, but after they got the first goal - I was hoping we could just about get a draw.
Yet again, it's the same players, or player, letting us down. Why oh why did Wenger bring on Squillaci? He should of brought on Miquel, moved Coquelin to right back (where he started of his career) and we could have drew. We'd then be level on points with Chelsea. It's unsurprising to see us concede a corner goal, but i thought Szchezny could have done better on that occasion. On the other hand, he kept us in the game.
We're always so unlucky with injuries - Sagna, Vermealan, Santos, Jenkinson, Gibbs. I think if we had one fullback or Vermealan - we could have won that game easily. Plus, we dropped points at home to Wolves, which is disappointing.
At least towards the end of January and the start of February we'll start getting back some of our key players! - Sagna, maybe Wilshere, Gibbs, Vermealan, and possible Santos. I think we could mount a title challenge depending on how we do on the next few matches, and how the other teams do. Fingers crossed we qualify for CL. It will be us and Chelski battling it out.

It can be good, he's just far too inconsistent.

As for Zamora's goal, originally I thought Sczency (wrong i know) could of done better but I've just watched the last ten minutes of the game (someone posted it on a fulham forum) and Zamora absolutely battered it. Maybe he should of positioned himself at the near post but it all happened so quickly.

Back