The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Into the top four you go.

Hope the two of us make it and keep Chelsea and Liverpool out. I still want that North London derby meeting in Europe, and maybe we'll be lucky enough to have it if we keep on.

find it funny how Liverpool have drop out in the top 4 rank lol since rafa left.

past 2 years and now, both Manchesters and Londons dominate the top 4 XD

Thank you very much Arsenal for Frimpong on loan. :')

What do you think of him? Is he a good player? I've only seem him the once against city and was very impressed.

What do you think of him? Is he a good player? I've only seem him the once against city and was very impressed.
yeah he's good. physically , a beast!. ;)

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE GUNNERS 2011

[video=youtube;Xwk8KyRAypU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwk8KyRAypU[/video]

He's not just a good player. He is DENCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't rate him too highly, if I'm honest. He is physically an animal, but this seems to get him in trouble quite a bit - though he does use his strength well the majority of the time.

His passing however really does require some working on, and from the little I have seen he is liable to a poorly timed lunge.

Though the poor stuff could just be a bi-product from not getting a good string of games for the team, hopefully he will keep getting better and better while on loan.

I don't rate him too highly, if I'm honest. He is physically an animal, but this seems to get him in trouble quite a bit - though he does use his strength well the majority of the time.

His passing however really does require some working on, and from the little I have seen he is liable to a poorly timed lunge.

Though the poor stuff could just be a bi-product from not getting a good string of games for the team, hopefully he will keep getting better and better while on loan.

imo

song > coquielan > frimps ;)

someone should change that gif in the first post and add arteta and Gervinho.

Agree with this. Against Villa in particular his passing was woeful - failed to complete some basic passes to players who weren't that far away from him. Of course at Wolves that won't matter so much but if he wants to make it at Arsenal he'll have to improve.

I'm not at all suprised he went out on loan instead of Coquelin though, Coquelin is the far more assured player who has alot more to his game.

Agree with this. Against Villa in particular his passing was woeful - failed to complete some basic passes to players who weren't that far away from him. Of course at Wolves that won't matter so much but if he wants to make it at Arsenal he'll have to improve.

I'm not at all suprised he went out on loan instead of Coquelin though, Coquelin is the far more assured player who has alot more to his game.

and Coquelin played lots at Fc lorinet last season, and was like a key player to them. frimp was good in pre season, but injury killed him, just like henderson now.

Criscito or Cissokho would be good imo but I'm very ****** sure Wenger won't sign someone on a permanent deal meaning we'll probably see Wayne Bridge arriving. :(

Criscito or Cissokho moves might happen in the summer. and winter transfer window is kinda irritating in some way, like wenger said it previously long back.

well he hasnt made up his mind yet about bringing an lb, but it has to be on loan though, so keep cool (sarcastically).

Criscito or Cissokho would be good imo but I'm very ****** sure Wenger won't sign someone on a permanent deal meaning we'll probably see Wayne Bridge arriving. :(

I'd rather use Gibbs with no legs. I still remember Bridge for West Ham vs us, at fault for 2 of the goals and also gave away the penalty for 3.

Horrible player now IMO.

We won't sign a LB, mainly due to Gibbs and Santos giving two solid options and any 'good' player arriving does rather say to Gibbs that after Clichy's departure we don't trust him long term, same to Santos. In my mind we need above all else a striker who is clinical with a good shot on him. That said we do have Park, and a little more playing time might help, though I don't think he's the physical link-up player we need.

Plus Walcott, Arshavin and Gervinho have all been quite ****, Walcott still can't get past a man on the wing, still can't cross.. Arshavin seemingly has forgotten how to dribble without losing the ball, and Gervinho needs some serious help with finishing (though beyond that he's a great signing I think).

Kos, Vermy, Djourou, Per, Miguel give plenty of options at the back though, maybe someone who can play on both sides of the pitch as backup to Sagna/Jenks/Gibbs since we badly need to be able to rotate players.

I still don't understand the 14m on The Ox, it seems we'd have been better off getting a couple of promising young players or putting it towards a quality backup player.

I'd rather use Gibbs with no legs. I still remember Bridge for West Ham vs us, at fault for 2 of the goals and also gave away the penalty for 3.

Horrible player now IMO.

Wayne Bridge is well past his prime. Would probably be a liability if he was signed. Wenger might not sign anyone at all considering Gibbs may return before the end of the month.

Back