The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M

9984564.jpg

lol cant believe this meme came. XD

We've been linked with a £3 million bid for Kalou as well as a move for Abidal.

I'd be pretty happy with either one - £3 mill isn't all that much for a player of Kalou's ability, he would provide good depth out wide and could play upfront if things got really bad plus is young enough that we could sell him in a few seasons and still get a few million. And Abidal would be a class signing, old enough that if Gibbs sorts out his injury problems Abidal won't hamper his development but is also a very good player and would fit right into our method of play.

agree on abidal, and its a loan signing too. but what about this man.....
View attachment 215034

and no for kalou its not helping. would prefer other targets, like Sow or maitis suarez. podolski move might happen in the summer, cuz podolski doesn't want to ruin is inform scoring and save it for the euro2012 for Germany

Yeah Podolski move won't happen until the summer so after Henry leaves we are back to where we were with arguably a player short in the wide areas. Kalou fills that gap after Henry leaves and in the summer we buy Podolski for the long-term fix.

I'd rather see Wenger spend just 3 million on getting Kalou now and we have plenty of depth and then bring in Podolski in the summer after we have lost Arshavin and Benayoun.

And you mention Sow and Suarez - come end of the season and things are getting tight for us making CL or maybe even the title, would you rather have Kalou who has played in the EPL for years or have one of those other two who are coming to a whole new league and a whole new country? I know which one I'd want.

Last edited:
Yeah Podolski move won't happen until the summer so after Henry leaves we are back to where we were with arguably a player short in the wide areas. Kalou fills that gap after Henry leaves and in the summer we buy Podolski for the long-term fix.

I'd rather see Wenger spend just 3 million on getting Kalou now and we have plenty of depth and then bring in Podolski in the summer after we have lost Arshavin and Benayoun.

And you mention Sow and Suarez - come end of the season and things are getting tight for us making CL or maybe even the title, would you rather have Kalou who has played in the EPL for years or have one of those other two who are coming to a whole new league and a whole new country? I know which one I'd want.

..and been **** for years.

loan Kaluo is a better option lol. i never rated him that high, although he had some good games under anchelotti and when Chelsea won the title in 2010.

Sow's contract end next season, so atm his price tag just keeps going down. ahh well whatever, who know what can happen. maybe some one like benik afobe might be ready to play games now, lol.

Last edited:
yyayaya!!!!!! fastest man a earth lol go ryo ! ;)

[video=youtube;-b4S-X40nwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b4S-X40nwA&feature=g-vrec&context=G2e54a31RVAAAAAAAAAg[/video]

Signing Kalou is a pretty **** idea. He hasn't been good for a very long time. Abidal would be amazing, but would love to see a tricky attacker who can play on the wings as losing Gervinho and having Arshavin in awful form isn't going to help our scoring.

Szczesny - Coquelin, Koscielny, Squillaci, Miquel - Song, Arteta (C) - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Arshavin - Chamakh

Martinez, Yennaris, Benayoun, Ryo, Walcott, Park, HENRY.

Stong team and bench. Expect us to win with that team.

Didn't have much choice with Song in particular - Coquelin would of been there instead of him but has to play RB thanks to all the injuries.

As for Chamakh, he doesn't have to leave until tomorrow. Thought Park might of started ahead of him though.

Szczesny - Coquelin, Koscielny, Squillaci, Miquel - Song, Arteta (C) - Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ramsey, Arshavin - Chamakh

Martinez, Yennaris, Benayoun, Ryo, Walcott, Park, HENRY.

Stong team and bench. Expect us to win with that team.
we might have a chance! ;)

Totally agree, Kalou is a waste of money. He will frustrate Arsenal fans no end

Add Van Persie to your Kalou bid if one is made and we will give you Bosingwa and Malouda too ;) :P

Back