The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Hopefully Afobe comes up to join Rangers soon as rumoured. I wouldn't be suprised if this stopped him though.View attachment 216363
More and more racism being directed at Rangers black players on twitter (3 weeks in a row people have been blocked as a result.)

Hopefully Afobe comes up to join Rangers soon as rumoured. I wouldn't be suprised if this stopped him though.View attachment 216363
More and more racism being directed at Rangers black players on twitter (3 weeks in a row people have been blocked as a result.)

I'm pretty sure Ally said he's not going to loan Afobe because he's injured.

I'd still be keen on him at the end of Jan as a backup player for us :)

That wouldn't be in Afobe's best interest, though. The kid needs games, not playing second fiddle to Jelavic in the SPL. Under those terms I'm not sure he'd be allowed to go on loan.

as athe said, afobe needs games. plus arent u already in for a striker already (cant remeber the name, but his contract finished after this season.

and yea, screw racism. why with the hate. ? im sure he's a celtic fan or something. if thats the case. then its a no go for afobe and Bartley.

Well thats 5 goals conceded at home now for Swansea :) RVP = beast

Swansea actually have decent movement, looks like this could be a good match. Shame about the pen but can't tackle like that in the box, any excuse to go over.

Yeah, seeing The Ox in the match against Leeds, I'd love to see him get the off few starts. That said, last time I said Walcott offered nothing and was a liability I was lambasted for it, so I'll keep my powder dry this time. Would love to see some kind of product though... even Arshavin, who is clearly not on form, often steps inside and tries to produce something (and got an assist today).

Having said that. lol. So frustrating when he actually makes a run and does that. Does it more Theo!:)

..Keeper had a mare for their third though.

Last edited:
Chesney needs to take note from his dog Petey Schmeichel

Was about to say it's obvious how much we rely on fullbacks moving their defenders around, as playing with two CBs on the wing just is offering very little. In theory this should make us more solid defensively but it's just ruining the attacking penetration. Don't think even Henry can pull this out of the bag unless the team put in more work and hassle more than they are doing.

First thing I'm gonna conclude however this match ends: Get rid of Arshavin at the earliest, even if that means we have to pay someone to take him off us lol. He is just terrible these days. I'm sure there are Championship footballers who are better than him right now.

Back