The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
To be fair, saving us 6 months of 100,000 a week (a cool 2.4m) or whatever he's on (considering Denilson is on 70k reportedly) would give us enough transfer dosh to buy a couple of young kids, so we could spend the rest of the fee on proper players who can make an impact.

No idea what Szczesny was doing for the 3rd goal, either commit yourself to coming out or don't bother. Got his angles all wrong as well. His distribution was pathetic all game as well.

Had a feeling we would drop points because we always do when other teams falter, hoped we could of at least got a point though.

all our wingers are **** bar gervinho and AOC

:(

Spurs are 10 ahead of us :'(

Unsure how people can be ****** that Theo has been starting when you have Arshavin starting on the opposite wing. He is horrific.

We need to play Oxlaide-Chamberlain more! Sure, he came on - but he hardly had time to make a difference. I could put him in higher priority than Henry to be honest. Henry's a legend already, let someone else make their name Arsene!

Disappointed with the result today :( Ramsey had a very bad game. I can't wait until Diaby's back. Ramsey will be a brilliant player, but he's still inexperienced, and need's to stop back-heeling everything.

We need to play Oxlaide-Chamberlain more! Sure, he came on - but he hardly had time to make a difference. I could put him in higher priority than Henry to be honest. Henry's a legend already, let someone else make their name Arsene!

Disappointed with the result today :( Ramsey had a very bad game. I can't wait until Diaby's back. Ramsey will be a brilliant player, but he's still inexperienced, and need's to stop back-heeling everything.

I hope you were being sarcastic lol.

Unsure how people can be ****** that Theo has been starting when you have Arshavin starting on the opposite wing. He is horrific.

Arshavin was better today.

A winger who before today hadn't scored since October isn't arsenal class

Against Leeds Chamberlain looked good (my MoM). He should play more tbh. Both Arshavin and Walcott are pretty bad (Arshavin was woeful against Leeds)

This is all a bit depressing really. When teams like Stoke and Wolves play a physical, long-ball game, we can't break them down, when teams like Swansea pass and press we can't find a way past them. IMO there is a genuine lack of creativity in our ranks and too much deadwood like Arshavin and Diaby and Squillaci etc.

Arshavin was awful, at least Theo scored and put in some good balls. Apart from his assist he did very little. His shot early in the second summed it all up for me - had acres of space and should of taken a touch instead hit it first time and it didn't even come close. If a club comes in with a decent offer take it and run. Invest in someone better like Ayew.

Arsenal have decent players but they just don't work as a team. Swansea dominated the game, midfield was poor. When we did get the ball we just lost it straight away. Song needs to get better at his defense work.

Miquel was poor, he goes too far up, doesn't track back when needed. Cause 2 goals. Ramsey was unlucky, shouldn't have been a penalty.
As usual Koscielny does his part, RVP does his but a lot of others just don't have the work rate.

When did Arshavin last score?

Also, unsure what you want them to do, Wingers aren't their to primarily score goals, but to assist the striker, and considering how many goals RVP has this (last) year/season, you can't really complain, it should be your defence and central midfield that you're worrying about.

We need to sort out the midfield, apart from Song and to a lesser extent Arteta who are in their 'prime', everyone is either potential (Wilshere, Ramsey, etc) or coming towards the end of their career (Rosicky, Yossi).

Back