The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
In a way this is actually good. We'll definitely crash out of the UCL now and that allows us to focus on 4th place not to mention it will allow people like van Persie to get some rest.

Besides, we were never going to win the UCL so the earlier we crash out the better it is imo. Obviously I would have liked to see a better performance tonight, but I'm not going to eat my hair over it.

Whats the point of being in the competition then if you have no ambition to go on and win it and just want to make sure that you qualify for next years? Madness.

With football you showed tonight i really hope you won't finish 4th,it would be a waste of CL spot. (no I'm not trolling(K))

sigh :(

Whats the point of being in the competition then if you have no ambition to go on and win it

CJ you really think this Arsenal team can win the UCL ;)

Whats the point of being in the competition then if you have no ambition to go on and win it and just want to make sure that you qualify for next years? Madness.

Money, pride, reputation.
This season started off so bad that the focus was always on making it into next season's UCL rather than genuinely putting in the effort to try win a trophy. Nevertheless, that doesn't cover up for a pretty poor performance tonight.

With football you showed tonight i really hope you won't finish 4th,it would be a waste of CL spot. (no I'm not trolling(K))
Man U and City didn't even make the first round.
Chelsea won't probably make it too.

Man U and City didn't even make the first round.
Chelsea won't probably make it too.

I'm just saying...I thought I was watching Arsenal-Blackburn from other week cuz Milan could easily score few more and make it a record braking dissaster,Arsenal was outplayed,outclassed,outcoached,etc and I really hope LFC/CFC get CL next season cuz Arsenal dont deserve it.

I'm just saying...I thought I was watching Arsenal-Blackburn from other week cuz Milan could easily score few more and make it a record braking dissaster,Arsenal was outplayed,outclassed,outcoached,etc and I really hope LFC/CFC get CL next season cuz Arsenal dont deserve it.

And Liverpool/Chelsea do? Seriously? You need to get yourself checked.

Your goalie Chesney quoted in 442 magazine that if Spurs can get a result here in the San Siro then we are more than capable of it. Loooooooooool.

The team who finishes 4th will be the one who deserves it nothing more.

Well, I disagree with the term 'deserve' in general, because at the end of the day, 'deserving' something in football counts for sod all. You either win or you don't, you qualify, or you don't. I do get what you mean though, and I sort of agree - whoever's 4th this year will have earned a spot in the CL and that's the end of the story.

Your goalie Chesney quoted in 442 magazine that if Spurs can get a result here in the San Siro then we are more than capable of it. Loooooooooool.
We are capable of it.

Just not when we play like that.

A bit of a dig from former Chelsea youngster Michael Woods in Twitter tonight: Theo is robbing a living!!!!

What do you call a man that carries 10 mugs but no cups?

Robin Van Persie

If anything it will be the team that screws up the least between now and the end of the season.

There is an argument for all 3 to get and not get it if you get my drift.

Arsenal for: Van Persie on form and fit. Against: Tend to lose concentration or some may say "bottle it".
Chelsea for: Experience in numbers. Against: Players not playing for the manager and are out of form.
Liverpool for: Possibility of players gelling together. Against: Seem to crack in games when they are "expected" to win.

There is an argument for all 3 to get and not get it if you get my drift.

Arsenal for: Van Persie on form and fit. Against: Tend to lose concentration or some may say "bottle it".
Chelsea for: Experience in numbers. Against: Players not playing for the manager and are out of form.
Liverpool for: Possibility of players gelling together. Against: Seem to crack in games when they are "expected" to win.

Surely you can apply that last bit to all three?

Back