The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Honestly I think Arsene was wrong and overly cocky going out there fielding a 4-2-3-1 at the San Siro with our rag-tag team. I was hoping he'd see sense and play a more defensive 4-5-1 or 5-3-2 and hope for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, (latter being preferable). But no we go out on the offensive and get smashed for it.

Personally I hope this season knocks sense into Wenger and maybe just maybe re-jiggles the team, sign some cover and replace players like Arteta, Ramsey, and Walcott.

Quick question for you guys though, do you think Arsenal will need a change of manager to re-kindle their past glory?

Honestly I think Arsene was wrong and overly cocky going out there fielding a 4-2-3-1 at the San Siro with our rag-tag team. I was hoping he'd see sense and play a more defensive 4-5-1 or 5-3-2 and hope for a 0-0 or 1-1 draw, (latter being preferable). But no we go out on the offensive and get smashed for it.

Personally I hope this season knocks sense into Wenger and maybe just maybe re-jiggles the team, sign some cover and replace players like Arteta, Ramsey, and Walcott.

Quick question for you guys though, do you think Arsenal will need a change of manager to re-kindle their past glory?

Change of manager-not yet. Replace Ramsey-absolute no-no. He's a player with great potential. That would be like us getting rid of Barkley.

Change of manager-not yet. Replace Ramsey-absolute no-no. He's a player with great potential. That would be like us getting rid of Barkley.

Actually I put that a bit sharply, I don't think he's ready for Europe he hasn't shown rapid development like Chamberlain or Coquelin but he has bags of potential. At times though I do feel like blaming the manager but mostly its due to the squad, silly mistakes here and there cost big.

I have said for a while if Arsenal are happy with doing what they have done for the last 7 years then by all means keep him. I think there is a lot of things he has done very well and better than anyone else could do but some of his failings really do hold Arsenal back.

if a managerial change means we'll flop like how liverpool are. **** no. plus maybe the new mange might abolish our youth system like bang! and arsene has already build this time for longer years to come.

people like you love picking on ramsey as a floppy bag eh. yeah?. you know what, u go sell him in fm 12 if ur REAL ****** AT HIM. he has big potential ahead of him, and everyone has a flooppy moment in the career build up.

we just need a new strategem, not else.

Last edited:
time to quit UCL dreams this time. shift focus on the domestic games now.

Instead of ranting about how I knew this was gonna happen, I'm gonna try and be a bit constructive, Arsenal are a club in decline, RVP and Sagna are our only 2 players that are actually UCL quality at the moment (with cases for vermaelen and koscielny) we are struggling for 2 reasons 1) we lack quality players to produce the goods, we have the money, we need to spend. And 2) Wenger expects youngsters like Ramsey, Wilshere, Chamberlain etc to fill gaps left by seasoned pro's. I'm sorry Arsene but following a youth policy only works when your winning. Serious change is needed, and I cant be the only one that is tiring of waiting.

Miracles do happen. The San Siro pitch is now perfect. Milan would like to thank Arsenal FC for helping them put a load of **** on it.

CBA to quote whoever it was, but, @that comic strip of Fabregas: He's already got more winners medals at Barca in 6 months than he had at Arsenal in what..? At least 6 years. (;

Also, LOL101, I swear you temporarily quit being an Arsenal fan after every loss..

In a way this is actually good. We'll definitely crash out of the UCL now and that allows us to focus on 4th place not to mention it will allow people like van Persie to get some rest.

Besides, we were never going to win the UCL so the earlier we crash out the better it is imo. Obviously I would have liked to see a better performance tonight, but I'm not going to eat my hair over it.

Yeah, exactly. If only you had lost to Udinese, you wouldn't have had to bothered with all this little tournament and you can concentrate on what's really important... The battle for a spot in this tiny tourna.... Oh wait.

You know....call me overly optomistic right now seeing we're having a great time right now....but we're only 10 points behind Arsenal right now. And the Prem being the way it is right now.........

Just saying ;)

You know....call me overly optomistic right now seeing we're having a great time right now....but we're only 10 points behind Arsenal right now. And the Prem being the way it is right now.........

Just saying ;)

''Is there life on Mars?'' ;)

if a managerial change means we'll flop like how liverpool are. **** no. plus maybe the new mange might abolish our youth system like bang! and arsene has already build this time for longer years to come.

people like you love picking on ramsey as a floppy bag eh. yeah?. you know what, u go sell him in fm 12 if ur REAL ****** AT HIM. he has big potential ahead of him, and everyone has a flooppy moment in the career build up.

we just need a new strategem, not else.

Isn't it just cute how Arsenal fans love to take a little knock on poor Liv'pool when things dont go their way? If you think you are any better than us atm or in last 6-7 years you are in great denial and so is Wenger.

Isn't it just cute how Arsenal fans love to take a little knock on poor Liv'pool when things dont go their way? If you think you are any better than us atm or in last 6-7 years you are in great denial and so is Wenger.

Can we knock this argument on the head before it develops, please, and take a look at the league table?

No there isn't. But there's renewed life and confidence in Everton FC ;)

Its all roses at Goodison after Chelsea and City :P

But if you can keep 3 pointers coming and with current form of ****/Chel/Liv you might have a chance later in season.

Can we knock this argument on the head before it develops, please, and take a look at the league table?

Darn i was just about to get ready for full-scale offensive from local Arsenal caretakers.....and you clipped me like this :P

Back