The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Why doesn't Arsenal break the piggy bank? Or did they spend it all on their stadium?

Because their boards are ultra conservative when it comes to spending. And they need to show a profit at the end of the season so Wenger will sell before they buy.

Just woke up after last night's defeat. I will give you one word to describe it: ****!!!!

Our defence was ****, our midfield was **** and our attack was ****!!!! When we were 2-0 down I was still confident but when we went 3-0 down I gave up hope.

And Liverpool/Chelsea do? Seriously? You need to get yourself checked.

Did you see the team we won the champions league with in 2005?!?

I can't believe what I was watching. Was embarrassed that Arsenal were representing the premier league last night.

You can't watch much Arsenal, then. That's how we usually play in Europe.

More importantly, our best defender is out with many tough games ahead - which is more of a concern.

Ok I apologise but if you cant take a little sense of humour then thats not my fault.

Mike. has spoken!

Ugh. What the **** happened? Haven't watched any of it, and don't think I want to. Was out watching the Muppets movie (which is ******* awesome, by the way), and I think I'm glad I did.

Not giving up hope. Remember 2003-04? CL group stages: Arsenal 0-3 Inter; Inter 1-5 Arsenal. Anything's possible.

Mike. has spoken!

Ugh. What the **** happened? Haven't watched any of it, and don't think I want to. Was out watching the Muppets movie (which is ******* awesome, by the way), and I think I'm glad I did.

Not giving up hope. Remember 2003-04? CL group stages: Arsenal 0-3 Inter; Inter 1-5 Arsenal. Anything's possible.

You were terribad. TV had the worst game of his life. Djourou came on and once again was LOLs. No fight, no desire, no basics, no technical play, it was a nothing performance.

Last night's display was pretty shocking. Milan should and could have had six or seven. What Wenger was thinking playing Rosicky up against the athletic but definitely get-at-able Abate, and Walcott about ten yards away from doing any damage against Zambrotta, I have no idea.

HOLY **** GUYS WATCH OUT HE USED A FULL STOP

You were terribad. TV had the worst game of his life. Djourou came on and once again was LOLs. No fight, no desire, no basics, no technical play, it was a nothing performance.

...HOLY **** MORE FULL STOPS

what is going on

idk about the second leg, but the fa cup and EPL takes more priorities now. dont wanna think too far though. :P

Also. Can we please stop underrating Ibra now. Kthx.

I dont personally under-rate him. He has just never really turned up in the CL, until now of course. League wise he is a monster.

Well, what more can I say? Just a disaster of a performance. Lack of desire, passion or anything from everyone bar TH12 and probably Laurent before he went off. I thought Ramsey could build from his sub performance at Sunderland to come back into the team and rekindle some form, but this didn't happen. Mikel Arteta and Vermaelen both had their worst games in Arsenal shirts (Vermaelen looked like a bad Koscielny?), and you can't have that many bad performances against a good Milan team. Djourou came on and gave us his solitary mistake (how does he have a contract extension on the table?).

Everything that could go wrong did. Awful pitch (not blaming it, but it was a joke), shoddy officiating and personal errors left it open for a clinical Milan side. Fair play to them, but I can't see them going past the Semi's.

Tie over, and we need to pick ourselves up for saturday, let's not be out of two competitions is less than a week... again.

Bad day all around.

I dont personally under-rate him. He has just never really turned up in the CL, until now of course. League wise he is a monster.

You don't, perhaps, but I've met so many people who do. I have little idea why.

Well, what more can I say? Just a disaster of a performance. Lack of desire, passion or anything from everyone bar TH12 and probably Laurent before he went off. I thought Ramsey could build from his sub performance at Sunderland to come back into the team and rekindle some form, but this didn't happen. Mikel Arteta and Vermaelen both had their worst games in Arsenal shirts (Vermaelen looked like a bad Koscielny?), and you can't have that many bad performances against a good Milan team. Djourou came on and gave us his solitary mistake (how does he have a contract extension on the table?).

Everything that could go wrong did. Awful pitch (not blaming it, but it was a joke), shoddy officiating and personal errors left it open for a clinical Milan side. Fair play to them, but I can't see them going past the Semi's.

Tie over, and we need to pick ourselves up for saturday, let's not be out of two competitions is less than a week... again.

Bad day all around.

Ramsey disappointed, as ever, and my Cardiff-supporting friend's view that he's going to be a very good Championship player but no more seems a little bit closer now than it did then. Vermaelen, to me, had shades of the latter stages of Senderos' Arsenal career, which speaks not so much volumes as whacking great huge tomes. Djourou was awful too, but you kind of expect that now.

Also. Can we please stop underrating Ibra now. Kthx.

anyone that knows football has rated Ibra. It's these ***** that get fed stuff from ITV that he's never had a good game, that are now licking his ringpiece the most.

Back