The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Pace-based players usually don't stay long at their peak, and Walcott has barely improved during last 2 seasons, if at all. If this is his best, might be a good time to let him got, really.

Pace-based players usually don't stay long at their peak, and Walcott has barely improved during last 2 seasons, if at all. If this is his best, might be a good time to let him got, really.

messi ? :P

lol anyways, im think that that england call up kill him in some way.

Last edited:

Messi offers pace, dribbling skills, creativity, good passing, good finishing, good crossing, good off the ball movement, free kicks and half-decent penalties. Walcott... runs.

walcott is like a younger equally bad swp. I don't see a future for him at a top team

Walcott would definately be a case of 'you don't what you've got until it's gone' I feel.

Letting him go would be an awful decision because of the effect his pace has on teams. Pushes the defence back to give the space for the likes of RVP to work in as well as giving us a key outlet for starting counters.

You spelled GREAT wrong ;)

If we sold Walcott we wouldn't get anyone better.

Be careful what you wish for.

what do you guys make of ramsey then? he has come in for some criticism recently i think he has had to deal with the creative burden this year and that has weighed him down a bit as well as playing a lot of games before christmas.

what do you guys make of ramsey then? he has come in for some criticism recently i think he has had to deal with the creative burden this year and that has weighed him down a bit as well as playing a lot of games before christmas.
I'm amazed by the amount of criticism that he has copped. It's his first full season back from a terrible injury but becasue he is playing in the same position Fabregas did people seem to expect him to play at the same level.

Yes, he probably would of liked to have played a little better but he hasn't been shocking. Until the Blackburn game I'm not even sure if he had missed a game which is a huge load for someone who is really still in their first full season of EPL + CL football. In terms of key passes per game he has 2 which is bettered by only van Persie and Arteta - and when you consider 90% of the time Ramsey has it he only has RVP to target he tends to have to try something a little different which doesn't always come off.

If we sold Walcott we wouldn't get anyone better.

Be careful what you wish for.

i get what your saying. but if we go like for milos krasic, then that should work dont you think. or we try to get adam johnson then

give him time. he's been out of form recently. i agree on your second part. but atm, i prefer arteta more than him. :P

but rambo has loads of potential though.

Last edited:
i get what your saying. but if we go like for milos krasic, then that should work dont you think. or we try to get adam johnson then

1. Krasic isn't that good imo

2. Johnson wont be leaving city

I almost get the feeling that Walcott is untouchable at Arsenal. Even if we rioted he probably wouldn't be sold. That's just what I think. As for Ramsey's criticism, it's completely over the top. Yes, he has not been at his best in the last few weeks but he needs time.

1. Krasic isn't that good imo

2. Johnson wont be leaving city

krasic was good in his first season in juve. its just that this season with conte he has fallen out of favour. he reminds of pavel neved for some reason.

then we have to go for like hazard and gozte or something :P

I almost get the feeling that Walcott is untouchable at Arsenal. Even if we rioted he probably wouldn't be sold. That's just what I think.
I think thats mainly because if he could consistently perform he would be such a serious threat plus he is still only 22 so there is still room to develop.

I think before we even think about selling him he should get a chance upfront. It's where he wants to play, it's the position he played growing up, it's a position he knows and it's a position that he could become top class in. With his pace if he gets behind the defence he isn't going to be caught and he is a fairly handy finisher. I'm hoping with the rise of Chamberlain and the return of Gervinho he might finally get a chance up there with RVP also needing a rest. Could even try RVP playing in the hole behind Walcott.

O'Neil: "Wenger's influence on English football has been immense. If he left on Saturday he would be considered their greatest-ever manager"

:)

Team News: Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gervinho

on Gervinho
He is back in the squad. From the other night, we have lost Koscielny. Everyone else is available for selection.

on Laurent Koscielny’s knee problem...
He had a scan yesterday and the news is quite good. He will be out for hopefully around a week. He will miss the Sunderland game. But he should be back for next week.

on Per Mertesacker’s ankle problem...
Unfortunately he has had surgery and we have lost him for a while. How long I don’t know. He had reconstruction of his ligaments. So it will be long term.

on Kieran Gibbs’ return...
He played his first game in four months in Milan. So of course it was a shock to go back to that level. But physically, he is alright.

on Carl Jenkinson...
He is back in full training on Monday. That is good news for us.

Looks like Per is out till april or may.

Last edited:
Back