The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
[video=youtube;yI4QoxAeOvU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI4QoxAeOvU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I can't be the only Arsenal fan that is really starting to get sick of this club, we aren't a top european club anymore, we aren't even a top english club the way we are going, every week that passes i find myself more and more sick of the **** that comes from our team, i honestly think Wenger need's to go, and anyone that wants to say otherwise better have a **** good reason.

I can't be the only Arsenal fan that is really starting to get sick of this club, we aren't a top european club anymore, we aren't even a top english club the way we are going, every week that passes i find myself more and more sick of the **** that comes from our team, i honestly think Wenger need's to go, and anyone that wants to say otherwise better have a **** good reason.

then why bother coming here ranting it all over again. go be a hibs fan in ur spl.

What reason do you have for him to leave? Becasue we aren't doing well enough in the league? Where did you expect us to be at the start of the season? Becasue I'd say 4th was the minimum and thats exactly where we are.

And if you are 'sick of the club' prehaps you need to find a new club.

What reason do you have for him to leave? Becasue we aren't doing well enough in the league? Where did you expect us to be at the start of the season? Becasue I'd say 4th was the minimum and thats exactly where we are.

He has a reason to be sick of the club, if a team is doing **** every week everyone is concerned it all depends on expectations and arsenals are high so supporters feel they should be doing better doesnt mean he doesnt want to support them anymore.

then why bother coming here ranting it all over again. go be a hibs fan in ur spl.

This is the Arsenal thread no? I thought so, judging by the sub-standard grammar and content of this comment though i'll forgive you for your extremely silly oversight, nice to see a mature, constructive post from someone who prior to this moment i thought was a respectable person, my mistake.

The reason I want him to leave is because I believe he has grown incapable of providing an acceptable standard of performance. No other top side would stand for the embaressment Arsenal FC has in recent years, yes by all means hold the players accountable but they are Wenger's players. Last summer was a chance for him to spend some money and push us back into contention, but with the arrivals of players like Benayoun, Arteta and Andre Santos replacing Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy it was a major step in the wrong direction. It has shown on the field in my opinion, and after those deals yes, perhaps 4th was the most we could ask for, but considering we are ment to be a "big" club i'd say 4th is a minimum, including atleast quarter/semi final in the FA Cup and Quarter final in the CL, the fact we aren't in a position to deliver this realistically means that i feel Wenger is performing to a below-par level, if this was the case in the normal work place the employee would be sacked. Please take into consideration this isn't just about this season but continued poor performances for the past 2-3 seasons.

The reason I want him to leave is because I believe he has grown incapable of providing an acceptable standard of performance. No other top side would stand for the embaressment Arsenal FC has in recent years, yes by all means hold the players accountable but they are Wenger's players. Last summer was a chance for him to spend some money and push us back into contention, but with the arrivals of players like Benayoun, Arteta and Andre Santos replacing Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy it was a major step in the wrong direction. It has shown on the field in my opinion, and after those deals yes, perhaps 4th was the most we could ask for, but considering we are ment to be a "big" club i'd say 4th is a minimum, including atleast quarter/semi final in the FA Cup and Quarter final in the CL, the fact we aren't in a position to deliver this realistically means that i feel Wenger is performing to a below-par level, if this was the case in the normal work place the employee would be sacked. Please take into consideration this isn't just about this season but continued poor performances for the past 2-3 seasons.

You do realise it's the board who place restrictions. They were the ones who vetoed Mata's deal not Wenger.

This is actually the worst I have seen Arsenal play under Wenger. There is no urgency, no desire to push foward, every pass is sideways or backwards. Arsene sold the three best players bar RvP last summer, and brought in, to be frank, second rate replacements. People are seeing why Arteta never got the Spain call, or moved to a big club, and exactly how massive a player Cesc was. I don't know where they go next, after the mini-revival with Thierry, they are back to a real dogfight. 7th looks scarily likely in the current form too. My honest opinion....Arsenal are going stale under Arsene, he is overstaying his welcome.

You do realise it's the board who place restrictions. They were the ones who vetoed Mata's deal not Wenger.

If this is true (and i believe it is) then perhaps Wenger is as frustrated as the fans, any attempt he makes to spend money and bring in quality players has a chance of being blocked, makes me wonder about the club as a whole, not just Wenger and the players, although the last thing we need is for fans to turn on each other, whatever the future holds for Arsenal (and at the moment it looks bleak) the fans must stick together and hope we push through.

This is the Arsenal thread no? I thought so, judging by the sub-standard grammar and content of this comment though i'll forgive you for your extremely silly oversight, nice to see a mature, constructive post from someone who prior to this moment i thought was a respectable person, my mistake.

You know what, just quit being an arsenal fan. fans like you are the worst ones i've seen.

Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

and that's a ***** slap for you hibs fan.

You failed to capitalise "I" when referring to yourself. People in glass houses and all...

If this is true (and i believe it is) then perhaps Wenger is as frustrated as the fans, any attempt he makes to spend money and bring in quality players has a chance of being blocked, makes me wonder about the club as a whole, not just Wenger and the players, although the last thing we need is for fans to turn on each other, whatever the future holds for Arsenal (and at the moment it looks bleak) the fans must stick together and hope we push through.

Wenger would love to bring all the youth through, but he is not fool, he knows you need to replace quality with quality. That can happen if your board set you limits. For example Arsenal must turn a profit this summer window. Which makes it very hard to sign someone like Eden Hazard

The only way Arsenal are going to turn this around is if the board release the funds to give to Wenger. They need to stop players running their contracts down as well and then trying to negotiate when they only have a year remaining. Dont forget this time last year they were in contention for 4 trophies now they are on the brink of going 7 seasons without any silverware unless they can get something out of this match. Wenger also needs to overhaul his philosophy of trying to play like Barcelona and add some steel into his side.

By far the worst Arsenal side in since Wenger took over, none of them look interested what so ever! Even with a fit Wilshere I still cant see them performing any better :(

I think funds will definitively be available after this season. and i think our stadium debt is about to finish too if im right

Back