The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
looks like the deal will be done and dusted by tmr. yeea!!! Podolski !!!!!

any news about Bartley, since rangers are in admin. any chance of him coming back early ?

any news about Bartley, since rangers are in admin. any chance of him coming back early ?

No news as of now, but best case for his development would be that we pay his wages for rest of the season. Although he would bring some cover for our defence and would rather see him there than Squillaci.

Wenger charged for criticising a referee again. Is it just me that thinks they get far too much protection from FIFA, they come out make countless errors (in the case of this ref it wasn't bias it was just incompetence) then they get away with nothing said cause they hide behind FIFA. Maybe if managers and players were allowed to criticise the refs it would make them buck up their ideas, or atleast highlight the most incompetent ones.

Don't think that's real of course but I found it cool nonetheless.

ARSENALOD.png

Podolski <3
Nice one Arsenal. Now you need proper midfield.

Brilliant news! 10.9m fee is great in this transfer market when 50m is thrown at Torres and 35m at Carroll etc. BBC article states he's scoring 16 in 22 and if he keeps that form up this seems to be a bargain, obviously the player was very keen to join.

Also agreeing this early means that Wenger can point to this transfer as a "statement of intent" when it comes to chasing other targets, which hopefully puts us in a good position.

Also 100k wages isn't bad considering it's a 4 year contract, that's 1.6 Denilsons.

Until we get the fringe players who earn so much off our wage bill we will just lost potential transfer money. Like the Swiss Ramble article about 10 pages back, Djourou recently got a new £50,000 a week contract which was more for his interviews (Djourou Insider) than his performance.

It's a real picture - it was taken after the Arsenal-Cologne pre-season friendly.

i know :D it look dubious at first, but whatever . the only thing missing is while shorts, then he's an arsenal player !!! :D

Back