The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Class is permanent.

Didn't think I'd be happy to practically guarantee United the title but it's better than City's money winning it.

WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL, WE DO <3

Surely Mancini to get the sack in the summer.. has spent way too much money and has not been able to deliver sufficiently.

Looking back at City's season, it has spectacularly failed to reach the standards everyone was saying it would at the start of the season.

FA Cup: 3rd Round Exit
Champions League: Group Stage exit
Europa League: Round of 16 exit was it not?
Carling Cup: Semi-Finals exit
Premiership: 2nd place
Has to imo and watched on sunday supplement he wants 100m to spend this summer lol!

Thank you Arsenal for giving us Red Devils another title :)

Enjoy your CL spot <3

City were appauling, Arsenal outplayed them

Arteta just won me £135 and basically the title for United.

Arteta <3

For once, Arsenal actually enjoying their best run of form in the business end of the season :P

This match shows how much Manchester City regress when Silva and Yaya Toure are not playing. To be fair Silva has not played well at all in the second half of the season. Read somewhere that he has not recorded an assist or goal in the PLM since January.

Looking at the number of games Silva has played this season, I am not suprised at all at his diminishing influence.

Amazing from Arteta. First closing down Pizzaro? and nicking it off him and then a stunning strike. Fully deserved win, should of scored before we did but nothing beats a late wonder goal to win a game this big. Best panic buy ever.

Arteta! :D :wub:

My Throat! :(

Balotelli should have been sent off ages ago

What a win for you guys. As some of you may know, I have a soft spot for Arsenal, Ive been to the Emirates a few times, one being Bergkamp's testimonial (I still have the orange shirt :D). It's such a real shame that you had the start of the season you had, because otherwise you would be right up there with United.

Arsenal thoroughly deserved the victory, much better than City and could have had a few goals in the early part of the match.

What about City? Well, If theres one thing Mancini should know (if he doesn't already) you can't expect your team to play well ALL season. City had a blinding first half of the season, United faultered a little. It was City's title to lose, their owner wont be too impressed with Mancini about being what 7 points infront? to now being 8 points behind.

The difference between City & United? United know how to win games when they play badly (Blackburn & Fulham being examples) they know how to keep their team together and keep that team spirit high. City on the other hand, well when they are not playing well, they lose or draw. One key aspect if a team is going to win the league is grinding the results out, City have only done it a few times this season, United have done it all season and thats why United are top.

However, today was all about Arsenal and the way they hounded at City was impressive, especially for the goal. Well done you lot, keep it going and a top 4 finish is going to be no problem :)

Last edited:
Watching the post match interview, Mancini looks like a man who knows he's going to be fired. He knows the Balotelli thing could be a huge game changer for him, and going from leading to going 8 points behind in a couple of weeks has been a disaster, especially after the near half billion spent on players so far.

Watching the post match interview, Mancini looks like a man who knows he's going to be fired. He knows the Balotelli thing could be a huge game changer for him, and going from leading to going 8 points behind in a couple of weeks has been a disaster, especially after the near half billion spent on players so far.

Its not only that. City have been disastrous in Europe despite having one of the best and largest squads around. They have totally lost the plot in the second half of the season. Its inexcusable considering that Mancini has had millions to spent which subsequently has piled the club with deadwood.

Also his control of the Tevez situation. His failure to handle Mario Balotelli. Both of which have caused unease in the City dressing room. His failure to manage Silva and Yaya's workload so that they will be better prepared to give a 100% throughout the whole season.

Deserves to be sacked in my opinion. he has been given enough time and support and has not delivered

Arteta has been excellent all season.

Considering what he does in most games, which is links the midfield with simple passes, keeps the ball and finds space to receive a pass - with little fuss, no headline grabbing drama - he is in many respects a poor man's Xavi for Arsenal.

It's going to be interesting when Wilshere comes back from injury, as the last month or two Rosicky has been very good indeed. Benayoun will go back to Chelsea and hopefully next season we can build on it.

It's amazing to think where the team is now compared to the first couple of months, when we had three centre backs and all our fullbacks injured and ended up playing the 17 year old Miquel. Would be right up there chasing United.

Back