The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Imagine Rooney, Van Persie and Scholes in the same team, would be amazing but this is total fabrication surely.

Or Valencia feeding Robin.

That rumour is so good that even caughtoffside dont believe it. :D It tells something.

He played really well for bayern. I dont get why there r so many people saying he is rubbish. At the time when he was at bayern everyone was complaining about both him and Schweinsteiger. The only Difference is Schweini is a throughbred Bayern player weres Podli is a Koln hearted player. So they sold him cheeply

The fact is, he wasn't good at Bayern. In 70-odd appearances, he scored 17 goals. He spent the first season as first choice and scored 11/12 goals in 40 or so appearances. Not a good enough ratio. Plus, Bastian is a midfielder, his job, style and everything is totally different to Podolski.

Yeah, i dont know about Podolski. He is great when there's not much pressure on his position. In Koln and in German national team he was good and consistent, in Bayern there was constant competition for 1st squad and he crumbled. And in Arsenal its gonna be the same or worse. Wegner supposedly watched him for many months, but i sure do hope he also observed how Podolski reacts to starting on bench.

The fact is, he wasn't good at Bayern. In 70-odd appearances, he scored 17 goals. He spent the first season as first choice and scored 11/12 goals in 40 or so appearances. Not a good enough ratio. Plus, Bastian is a midfielder, his job, style and everything is totally different to Podolski.

At the time when they were having bad form they had very similar positions, podli was just in front of schweini.
Schweini-amc/l/r
Podli-Aml/c/r-stc
Not much difference in 2008 as you can see.

Yeah, i dont know about Podolski. He is great when there's not much pressure on his position. In Koln and in German national team he was good and consistent, in Bayern there was constant competition for 1st squad and he crumbled. And in Arsenal its gonna be the same or worse. Wegner supposedly watched him for many months, but i sure do hope he also observed how Podolski reacts to starting on bench.

Because I'm sure there are no extenuating circumstances to Podolski's tenure in Munich....

His move to Bayern came after the 06 World Cup when he was named Best Young Player and was Germany's next big star, he moved from Koln where he was the big star to Bayern where there was plenty of other big names and he didn't cope with that, he has even admitted that. Then he got an injury which kept him out for a while and when he came back he was no longer first choice and left soon after.

Podolski said he has matured alot during his second stint at Koln. And I don't fancy he'll be starting on the bench too often, he'll go onto the left side as first choice.

Salutations to Pat Rice, 44 years at the club, will see his last game as Wenger's right hand man this Sunday.

Arsene_and_Pat.png

[video=youtube;avk2aObnb9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avk2aObnb9w[/video]

Great player, great coach, great man, an Arsenal servant. Pat Rice.

Wenger said he is not close to signing M'Vila - but it is likely rubbish.
In the summer, he said he will not let Nasri AND Fabregas leave.
What happened?

In January, he said Arshavin would not leave the club.
What happened?

So, we shouldn't trust Wenger on transfer issues - but, I trust his word more than the random transfer rumours floating around the web!

We're in for Kagawa apparently. I wouldn't mind signing him. We need to sign two more very good players - M'Vila (Hopefully) or Vertonghen, and Kagawa or another attacking midfielder. Although, with just the signing of Podolski and no departures, our team does look good. However, if someone does get injured- we'll struggle, much like we are now. That is why I think it's important we sign M'Vila. Could be future captain one day (well, after Vermaelen, Wilshere, and possible Scz13.)

Yann's deal might be announced on Monday after the season ends. Looking forward to Sundays game, a MUST WIN.

Szczesny apparently has a shoulder injury but should be alright for the game. Pretty sure he injured it against Stoke so if last week was how he played while trying to battle an injury I'd rather see Fabianski play. Unlikely that will happen though. Still no word on Walcott and if he will play. Likely team: Szczesny - Coquelin, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs - Song, Ramsey - Walcott/Gervinho, Rosicky, Benayoun - van Persie.

Last edited:
Yann's deal might be announced on Monday after the season ends. Looking forward to Sundays game, a MUST WIN.

To be honest Arsene done the exact same with Podolski so it would not suprise me if M'Vila was going to be signed. Think it would be an ideal signing for Arsenal.

Szczesny apparently has a shoulder injury but should be alright for the game. Pretty sure he injured it against Stoke so if last week was how he played while trying to battle an injury I'd rather see Fabianski play. Unlikely that will happen though. Still no word on Walcott and if he will play. Likely team: Szczesny - Coquelin, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs - Song, Ramsey - Walcott/Gervinho, Rosicky, Benayoun - van Persie.

Yea definately. Fabianski might want to impress so he gets more playing time next season or he gets transferred either on loan or permanently somewhere. Hopefully we'll get Ox starting instead of Ramsey. Only game we've won this year when Arteta wasnt playing was when Ox played in his place ( 3-0 Milan ) Other option playing Coquelin as DM and Song as btb.

Might be then or just before when Rennes's season ends at 20th. They might announce it then and let him have his farewell game at home.

Wenger believes it will be a "quiet summer", and thinks getting the likes of England midfielder Jack Wilshere - who has not kicked a ball in anger this season - fit again will be just as important as any new signings.

"Another way to strengthen for us is to get Wilshere and [Abou] Diaby, who didn't play at all the whole season," said Wenger.

"You look at the number of players - we have 34 players when they all come back. That means you have to pay nine not to play."

Source: Wenger hopes for RVP influence | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

If he plans for Diaby to stay then M'Vila is very unlikely.

Back