The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Got to admit, with the signings of M'Vila and Podolski and a possible signing Of Vertonghen,

id make Arsenal my outside bet for the league next year! .. Best form in the league this year since january, and they are 3 quality players.. Wenger finally seems to be spending!

Only Podolski is confirmed, M'Vila and Vertonghen is just pure speculation. Vertonghen keeps going on about Spurs so his most likely move is there anyway.

Oh don't get me wrong I'd easily take Clint Dempsey for that price over Eden Hazard who I am beyond convinced we are already out of the running for. I guess we will just see what happens. I would welcome Clint to Arsenal in a heart beat.

Only Podolski is confirmed, M'Vila and Vertonghen is just pure speculation. Vertonghen keeps going on about Spurs so his most likely move is there anyway.

Vertonghen is, but ive saw so many about M'Vila for 17.7M, after the west brom game confirme..... usually that much speculation leads to it being true

Vertonghen is, but ive saw so many about M'Vila for 17.7M, after the west brom game confirme..... usually that much speculation leads to it being true

Yea it's just Mata of time. Unless Chelsea offer him bigger signing on fee :)

Not sure why Wenger would want M'Vila, how could he fit him and Song in the same team, just does not seem like it would work. Not to mention he has Wilshere coming back shortly.

I'm willing to bet M'vila is solid. Arsenal have been chasing for a while, and Rennes said they would lose him at the end of the season. Not sure about Vertonghen though.

Not sure why Wenger would want M'Vila, how could he fit him and Song in the same team, just does not seem like it would work. Not to mention he has Wilshere coming back shortly.

They both can play, playing Song as DM always restricted his attacking capability, with M'Vila in the team Song can play box to box role. Team will be much more solid defensively with both playing.

They both can play, playing Song as DM always restricted his attacking capability, with M'Vila in the team Song can play box to box role. Team will be much more solid defensively with both playing.

Sorry think I worded my point wrong. I mean with them having Song/Wilshere/Arteta who are all first team players in my view, how could he fit M'vila in the team? Surely he can't be benching any of them three?

You all seem to think M'Vila is an out and out DM, but I've heard he likes to attack too, like Song does...

Squad Rotation is key to challenging for anything,

But CM options of M'Vila, Wilshere, Arteta, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky.. will be hard to beat

Sorry think I worded my point wrong. I mean with them having Song/Wilshere/Arteta who are all first team players in my view, how could he fit M'vila in the team? Surely he can't be benching any of them three?

How can Sir Alex have Nani, Valencia and Young in same team then? :D Surely he cant bench any of them?

How can Sir Alex have Nani, Valencia and Young in same team then? :D Surely he cant bench any of them?

I never really wanted Young in the first place, I would choose Nani/Valencia over him 9 times out of 10. I also thought there were better options out there considering what we paid for him.

Maybe if Arsenal get M'Vila you can sell us Song? ;) Just thought I'd ask.

I never really wanted Young in the first place, I would choose Nani/Valencia over him 9 times out of 10. I also thought there were better options out there considering what we paid for him.

Maybe if Arsenal get M'Vila you can sell us Song? ;) Just thought I'd ask.

My point was same what LFCMarshall said. Rotation is key especially considering Arsenal's injury record. And to selling Song? **** NO. :)

You all seem to think M'Vila is an out and out DM, but I've heard he likes to attack too, like Song does...

Thats because he is mainly an out and out DM, he's more defensive than song. Doesnt mean he cant contribute, but he operates deeper.

He runs the midfield for Rennes, but plays more restricted role for France. He's been adviced to stick to more defensive role for clubside too which we will most likely do if we sign him.

Quality rotation. If Arsenal want to be serious challengers again they will need that quality rotation.

He runs the midfield for Rennes, but plays more restricted role for France. He's been adviced to stick to more defensive role for clubside too which we will most likely do if we sign him.

Ah, thanks for the answer, I don't really know him well.

Quality rotation. If Arsenal want to be serious challengers again they will need that quality rotation.

Well IF he has signed for Arsenal it is another player MU have missed out on.

Well IF he has signed for Arsenal it is another player MU have missed out on.

I dont think we were ever in the running, so wouldnt say missed out. He is a huge fan of Wenger, constantly refers to him when he was thinking about moving. If he was going to the prem, he was almost certainly always going to go to Arsenal.

As for us, If we do actually do any business, it could well come after the Euros.

Exciting times for Arsenal. Looks like the chequebook is finally coming out.

I must admit, the potential starting XI posted earlier in this thread does look very, very good on paper.

Back