The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Whoever slipped Fulop some money... thanks!

He's been utter ***** for every single goal today.

And yeah Quasit, no more mistakes! (hah)

So happy, I didn't think we'd win, but we did what was necessary.

Now we don't have to be nervous up until the 19th.

COYG!

Brilliant defending for the last 25 minutes. Gibbs and Koscielny with priceless blocks. So good to get third after the start we had. Not a trophy but it almost feels like one.

so who do we go after this summer now that we can promise champ league play

After seeing Jenkinson today I'm quite worried about start of next season when Sagna is still out. Almost conceded several penalties when he's holding opponents by their shirts.

Nice touch with Pat Rice after FT. Been a great servant for the club of 16 years.

What a season finale, eh Gunners :P Many wrote us off at the beginning, but we fought our hardest through the eye of the storm and grabbed the all deserving 3rd place. CL guarantied, 15 years in a row. Arsene and Players deserve a pat at their back for overturning the season. :)

and as Freddy Mercury poses:

Aww. so touching. Thanks a lot Pat Rice at you time at the club :(

tumblr_m3yyy3FBI21qzszyyo1_500.jpg

After seeing Jenkinson today I'm quite worried about start of next season when Sagna is still out. Almost conceded several penalties when he's holding opponents by their shirts.

I agree, I think we should go in the market for a better deputy RB.

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money.
I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winners medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now.
If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team. There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.
I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best and I have proved it correct. I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

Samir Nasri.

"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money.
I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winners medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now.
If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team. There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal.
I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best and I have proved it correct. I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."

Samir Nasri.

Well Said. People need to realize that players moving to Manchester City these days do so because they have a legitimate chance of winning trophies. Maybe when Manchester City first started out then the claim could be made that those who moved there simply moved there because of money but that is not true at all

Also the statement I bolded was very interesting in the difference in mentalities of both clubs. Arsenal fans are celebrating a season where they won no trophies and finished third with half their goals scored by one player. This was a club that once used to be legitimate contenders for the PLM

Rafael van der Vaart - October 2011: "There is no chance [of Arsenal finishing above Spurs]. I think we have the better squad."

Thats a little awkward.

Also the statement I bolded was very interesting in the difference in mentalities of both clubs. Arsenal fans are celebrating a season where they won no trophies and finished third with half their goals scored by one player. This was a club that once used to be legitimate contenders for the PLM
Well excuse us for being happy with third place. Before the season many 'experts' tipped us to fall out of the Top 4, after 7 games we sat 17th having lost 4 games, got pummled 8-2 by Manchester United and yet somehow managed to turn things around to end the season the best of the rest after the dominant Manchester duo. And van Persie scored 30 out of 74, not even close to half of our goals.

Most fans are happy with this because how our season started. I think any of top clubs would be too if they had that kind of start to season.

Also what's wrong with player who scores 30+ goals a season? It's not like he conjured all the goals from nothing? It says he gets good service.

Well Said. People need to realize that players moving to Manchester City these days do so because they have a legitimate chance of winning trophies. Maybe when Manchester City first started out then the claim could be made that those who moved there simply moved there because of money but that is not true at all

3rd is good for Arsenal if you compare budgets with there rival teams. I respect the fact that there fans are being realistic. This season has been relatively successful when you'd consider they lost key players in Nasri and Fabregas last summer.

Great turnaround this season.

Onwards and upwards - I hope.

In Arsene we Trust!

Back