The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Both Milan clubs are out of question. Inter out of CL and Milan cant afford his wages as long as they have Ibra.

True dat. Everything is just rumours at this point, even signing a new contract.

Yes, but where would he go? It'd have to be Madrid, Barca or City. Can't seem him going to city with Tevez and Aguero already there. Italian league is a maybe, but still, the biggest card he has to play is him sitting on the fence until the club recruits players.

He was linked with Manchester United in the papers last week, so god knows.

Nasri went to City mostly for the reason that they have the money to buy enough quality players to win trophies.

If that's what's important to him, fair play.

As4mOwDCMAA-XiL.jpg

More will posted on Arsenal site later apparently.

Well done Robin on getting the Golden Boot, equaling the previous Arsenal holder Thierry Henry back in the year of the Invincibles 2003-2004, by amassing 30 goals this season.

Captain Vantasic
goldenbootrvp.jpg

Premier League announces 2011/12 broadcast payments

This for those who wanna know how much money made EPL teams this year 2011/2012

Broadcast Payments for 2011/2012 season : Arsenal - £56,223,505

"The differences between teams have become smaller and the quality is higher"
- Arsene Wenger

The difference between the Manchester clubs points wise in the league this season compared to Arsenal/Chelsea seemed huge to be honest.

Tbh I don't know what RVP is planning but I think he is going to leave Arsenal personally, could be wrong though.

According to that report if RVP doesn't agree terms, Juve would offer 25 million euros for him. And they've already begun talks with his representatives. If he was to go I would think Man City would be one of the likely destinations along with Juve.

According to that report if RVP doesn't agree terms, Juve would offer 25 million euros for him. And they've already begun talks with his representatives. If he was to go I would think Man City would be one of the likely destinations along with Juve.

Not sure really to be honest, Juve are no doubt a great team at the moment but are they a team who are gonna challenge the likes of Barca/Madrid/City/United/Chelsea/Bayern etc. for the Champions League? I can't see it personally so that would mean he would be joining Juve for an Italian title?

In my opinion if he goes it will be for a force in Europe and their own league like the teams I mentioned above.

Just not going to happen. At least not for 25m. He's worth to us more than that playing for next season even if he leaves for free after that. Selling him would likely mean losing chance of title challenge next season or even finishing in top 4.

And not finishing in top 4 would mean we'd lose far more than that 25m. So most likely scenario is that even if he doesnt extend we keep him and sign replacement already this summer.

Also I think Juve are more interested in Cavani.

Not sure really to be honest, Juve are no doubt a great team at the moment but are they a team who are gonna challenge the likes of Barca/Madrid/City/United/Chelsea/Bayern etc. for the Champions League? I can't see it personally so that would mean he would be joining Juve for an Italian title?

In my opinion if he goes it will be for a force in Europe and their own league like the teams I mentioned above.

Thats their goal for next season, to challenge for the CL. They've got an amazing defence, and a good midfield already, and looks like they're going to sign a lot of big players and spend a fortune in the summer, so Juve for RVP could happen if they're willing to pay him 7.5 million a year like the report says.

I'm personally putting them down as dark horses to get into the CL Semi finals onwards next season.

I'm personally putting them down as dark horses to get into the CL Semi finals onwards next season.
There my outside bet for winning next year...

Anyway I hope Van Persie doesnt leave. He is a great player and exactly what the premier league needs. If he does decide to go it wont be to another premiership team. Couldnt see him playing for City, Chelsea or United. In my opinion he will go to either AC Milan, Juve, Barca or maybe Bayern Munich. Those are the only clubs he should be willing to consider if he leaves.

There my outside bet for winning next year...

Anyway I hope Van Persie doesnt leave. He is a great player and exactly what the premier league needs. If he does decide to go it wont be to another premiership team. Couldnt see him playing for City, Chelsea or United. In my opinion he will go to either AC Milan, Juve, Barca or maybe Bayern Munich. Those are the only clubs he should be willing to consider if he leaves.

Agreed, and Milan, Barca and Bayern all have their own main man strikers. Juve are a possibility, but after investing heavily last year I doubt they have the funds to go for him. This is why I retain hope he'll stay with Arsenal.

Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has mocked Arsenal fans, after seeing the north London side finish third in the Premier League as his new club won the title.
samirnasriceleb_275x155.jpg

Nasri celebrates claiming the Premier League title last weekend

Nasri departed the Gunners for the Etihad Stadium at the start of the season in a multi-million pound deal that led many Arsenal fans to accuse the Frenchman of leaving for the money.
Nasri has now hit back at those same critics - goading Arsenal fans that he is celebrating winning the title while they are left to mull over another trophyless campaign.
"People at Arsenal tried to make out that I came here for the money," Nasri said. "I hope they are watching me now, collecting my Premier League winner's medal. I believe they have not won a trophy for many years now.
"I made the hard choice to come and fight for my place at a big club, where they never settle for second best, and I have proved it correct.
"I now hope the Arsenal fans can get on with their lives and forget me, they should celebrate their third-place achievement and I will focus on winning titles."
Nasri also suggested that some players at Arsenal are not giving their all to the cause, but are happy to take their wages and settle for third place in the table.
"If all that I was interested in was money, the easiest decision would have been to stay at Arsenal, picking up my money every week and walking into the team," he said.
"There are many people doing this right now at Arsenal."

Quite classless from Nasri if you ask me

Meh - If I left a club and the fans hated me, when I won, I'd probably **** them over too.

Back