The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I doubt he'll put RVP on the right, Wenger's probably going to have Giroud sit on the bench and play him when RVP is injured which he tends to be most seasons.

Not necessarily on the right, only Podolski is considered a left-sided player and Giroud, being like 9 foot tall, would be suited more straight down the middle.

Quite good game from B52 today. Perhaps earning us extra mil for those 2 goals.

Still think we need a right back considering we will play atleast the first two months without Sagna.

Not necessarily on the right, only Podolski is considered a left-sided player and Giroud, being like 9 foot tall, would be suited more straight down the middle.

Hoping Giroud will have a bigger impact than Hazard. It'll give us something to mock the chelsea fans with.

I hate to stir it, but I'm not buying into rumours that Giroud is bought to play alongside Van Persie and not as a replacement. I think that pretty much spells the end of Van Persie in an Arsenal shirt. Hope I'm wrong, I don't want to see him in a Man City shirt or playing in Spain next season.

I don't understand how buying Giroud is a sign RVP is off. It was pretty obvious last season we lacked a back-up to RVP with Chamakh and Park not up to it, Podolski has been signed to play on the left primarily and Giroud is being signed to be a proper back-up to RVP. I remain confident van Persie will be with us next season, will he re-sign before the season starts? I'm not sure but re-signing during the season isn't out of the question.

I hate to stir it, but I'm not buying into rumours that Giroud is bought to play alongside Van Persie and not as a replacement. I think that pretty much spells the end of Van Persie in an Arsenal shirt. Hope I'm wrong, I don't want to see him in a Man City shirt or playing in Spain next season.

I think Deadwood will sell him if we wont extend even if Wenger says he wont be sold. He did it with Nasri and will do it again. Only team I see him going is Juventus or Real if they sell Higuain. I pretty much believe what his dad said that going to other Prem club is impossible.

I don't understand how buying Giroud is a sign RVP is off. It was pretty obvious last season we lacked a back-up to RVP with Chamakh and Park not up to it, Podolski has been signed to play on the left primarily and Giroud is being signed to be a proper back-up to RVP. I remain confident van Persie will be with us next season, will he re-sign before the season starts? I'm not sure but re-signing during the season isn't out of the question.

Yeap it seems we are only club in world which cant sign new striker unless we sell our main striker.

I think Deadwood will sell him if we wont extend even if Wenger says he wont be sold. He did it with Nasri and will do it again. Only team I see him going is Juventus or Real if they sell Higuain. I pretty much believe what his dad said that going to other Prem club is impossible.

Isn't Benzema meant to be going Man City? Seen it on Sky Sports News few days ago. So RVP to Madrid could be a possibility.

Hope I'm wrong, would be a great talent to lose from the Premiership, but just got a feeling he'll be off. Don't think Wenger will have a say in it, 20 mill + offer for Van Persie with 1 year left on his contract and it's a no brainer for the money men.

Hope I'm wrong, would be a great talent to lose from the Premiership, but just got a feeling he'll be off. Don't think Wenger will have a say in it, 20 mill + offer for Van Persie with 1 year left on his contract and it's a no brainer for the money men.

Doubt 20m is enough. We milked almost 25m from Nasri after all and he isn't half as valuable to us as Robin is.

We already know Giroud is coming but a good reliable source now confirms it too: bbc.co.uk
BBC Sport - Arsenal set to sign Olivier Giroud for £12m from Montpellier

But to top it off looks like Djourou is staying despite all that speculation. He said on his twitter...

"I just wanted to deny all what have been said in the press about my transfer. It isn't true at all."
"I have been at Arsenal since 10 years now and I m always commited to this club."

DJ loyalty to the club is strong. :)

We already know Giroud is coming but a good reliable source now confirms it too: bbc.co.uk
BBC Sport - Arsenal set to sign Olivier Giroud for £12m from Montpellier

But to top it off looks like Djourou is staying despite all that speculation. He said on his twitter...

"I just wanted to deny all what have been said in the press about my transfer. It isn't true at all."
"I have been at Arsenal since 10 years now and I m always commited to this club."

Great, I'm an admirer of loyalty but come on Djourou your not going to end your career on a high at Arsenal. He's one of the better players on the list that Arsenal need to get rid of IMO. The "dead weight" as its been called.
[h=1][/h]

Will be a great signing, and apparently we can expect M'Vila around July 7-15.

I think we could play something similar to this with everyone fit:

Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Gibbs

M'Vila - Wilshere

Walcott - RVP - Podolski

Giroud

As much as I'd like to see Arteta and Song continue to start, I don't think they would get into that team. Good for rotation though.

This is a strong team, easily capable of beating away chelsea and anyone else for 3rd spot. Maybe even better if things start to click

Giroud was either a solid backup or Wenger wants 4-4-2. Man Utd always do so well with 4-4-2 so Arsenal might as well give it a shot.

Giroud was either a solid backup or Wenger wants 4-4-2. Man Utd always do so well with 4-4-2 so Arsenal might as well give it a shot.

Doubt we will change into 4-4-2. Giroud will be at start at least backup for RVP and should IMO get nice playing time at start of season cos RVP has played lots this season and needs some rest.

Also some reports suggest Sagna's recovery could be slower than before and we are now looking at Debuchy. IMO would be good signing cos I dont think Jenkinson is good enough for us yet and should be loaned out to lower Prem team.

Back