The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Well, considering the Giroud deal seems pretty much done, at 6ft 3 I can't see him spending much time on the wing and hope this finally means we arn't toothless in cup games through lack of rotation. This will mean that the first three choices for the centre forward are all left footed, which could be useful when it comes to the midfielders getting used to setting up angles of passes etc. Summer signings seem positive so far, especially with discussions reported with M'Villa & Debuchy. It has to be a priority to cover Sagna and Arteta as they're both key players.

Fixtures wise, tough start to the season, but hopefully with new signings and Holland - and therefore RVP - out of the Euros early the team will be well rested and see it as a challenge. With Bendtner having a good showing at the Euros hopefully we can clear out some of the squad and recoup wages, easily 10m could be freed up next season by doing that before you consider any possible fees.

"According to reports in L'Equipe, Newcastle United could be facing a battle to hang on to Hatem Ben Arfa following claims Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made contact with the winger's representative. A reported fee of £16million could be too much for Arsenal, while Ben Arfa is rumoured not to be keen on moving to Chelsea due to the competition for places." - Sky Sports
Seems like a nice deal considering Benayoun left. I know we have many wingers, but Ben Arfa is above Gervinho, Ox and even Walcott on a good day.

"According to reports in L'Equipe, Newcastle United could be facing a battle to hang on to Hatem Ben Arfa following claims Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has made contact with the winger's representative. A reported fee of £16million could be too much for Arsenal, while Ben Arfa is rumoured not to be keen on moving to Chelsea due to the competition for places." - Sky Sports
Seems like a nice deal considering Benayoun left. I know we have many wingers, but Ben Arfa is above Gervinho, Ox and even Walcott on a good day.

And he is French so you know the interest is true lol.

I would be very surprised if we went for Ben Arfa. Firstly, we already have Podolski, Walcott, Gervinho, Chamberlain and Miyaichi who can play on the wings and secondly, we have more pressing needs to address in the window such as a midfielder and a right back.

Newcastle want 21m for him. wtf. overpriced.
what do you expect? He's young, good and still potential to improve, on a long contract (I think) and Newcastle under no pressure to sell. Makes sense to me

lol Kos is doing his bit so far XD

awhnrnccqaevnu4.jpg

Last edited:
Nasri made headlines again for his comments made after France lost to Spain today, ashamed to say I have his Arsenal jersey.

If M'Vila and Giroud join, and van Persie doesn't leave, I would consider this transfer window a very successful one. Especially if we sell Bendtner, Vela, Chamakh, Arshavin, Denilson, Park Chu-Young, Squillaci, and possibly Lansbury or Fabianski. I'm not sure about the latter two though, Lansbury can turn out to be a good prospect, while Fabianski provides 'decent' (ish) cover for Szceszny.

If M'Vila and Giroud join, and van Persie doesn't leave, I would consider this transfer window a very successful one. Especially if we sell Bendtner, Vela, Chamakh, Arshavin, Denilson, Park Chu-Young, Squillaci, and possibly Lansbury or Fabianski. I'm not sure about the latter two though, Lansbury can turn out to be a good prospect, while Fabianski provides 'decent' (ish) cover for Szceszny.

Fabianski is injured so selling him is problem. If he recovers in time to get loan move with view to permanent deal would be ideal for him.

Lansbury looks like he isn't good enough for our team so I can see him leaving. Probably for lower prem team or team in championship looking for promotion. Bartley seems to be in same position. He has been in Scotland for 2 years and I havent heard anything about him basically. Might get loan move in England or sold.

Loads of Twitter reports suggesting Aaron Ramsey will join Fulham on loan for a season. Will be a good move as he will be guarenteed first team football as Murphy has left Fulham.

Loads of Twitter reports suggesting Aaron Ramsey will join Fulham on loan for a season. Will be a good move as he will be guarenteed first team football as Murphy has left Fulham.

Yea would be really good move for him. Still thought they'd be more after Lansbury than Ramsey on loan

Back