The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
L'Equipe are reporting that M'Vila is one of four (alongwith Menez, Ben Arfa and Nasri) who could get bans from the French FA for their behaviour at Euros. In Nasri's case word is he could get 2 years. When you consider M'Vila had the trouble with the police around a month ago and now this - I don't expect us to buy him anymore. Wenger tends to avoid troublemakers and he'll be looking elsewhere now I imagine.

This rather confirms it as well
Matt Spiro@mattspiroHave heard from two seperate, reliable sources that Wenger has ended interest in Yann M'Vila due to players behaviour in last few months

But on a happier note...
gun__1340701272_Giroud2.jpg

Olivier Giroud agrees deal to join Arsenal | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

Ive put Arsenal as the dark horse for the league next year.. Some good signings and if people stay fit, you have a very good team... All relies on Rvp staying though

Sczesney
Sagna - Vermaelen - Koscielney - Gibbs
Song
Wilshere - Arteta
Walcott - RvP - Podolski

Very good starting line up with a good subs bench

What did M'Vila do to get dropped from the France squad?
And what did Menez do? I understand Ben Arfa and Nasri for their behaviour, but, I haven't heard anything negative about Menez.

What did M'Vila do to get dropped from the France squad?
And what did Menez do? I understand Ben Arfa and Nasri for their behaviour, but, I haven't heard anything negative about Menez.

I think it is about the fact that he walked straight off the pitch when subbed against Spain. Didn't shake hands with Giroud ( who came on ) or Blanc. There seems to be always some problem with the french.

If we truly are pulling away from M'vila then switch to either Capoue or Lars Bender.

I remember Fletcher having a real bad season once and then the next he was Utd's best player by a country mile. Must have been in 2009 because he missed your CL final didn't he.

Only because of a foul on Cesc that really shouldn't have been a foul.

I dont mind if we don't sign M'vila as long as we sign someone equally as good as a holding midifelder

I remember Fletcher having a real bad season once and then the next he was Utd's best player by a country mile. Must have been in 2009 because he missed your CL final didn't he.

Lol, this Mike is not the (mod) Mike. He is Arsenal fan.

Fletcher was decent in 2008 and stepped up big time in 2009.

If we truly are pulling away from M'vila then switch to either Capoue or Lars Bender.
Bender would be great! He can offer good cover at RB and is a very good defensive mid. Not too bad going forward either.

what we need now is a holding midfielder and if the rumours on M'vila are true that we've lost interest I wouldn't mind going back to Capoue. Atleast he was quite cheap.

The french national team is having the same old problems again. 2010 de ja vu , but milder. Nasri is always a **** :P totally let the whole nation down by fighting with the reporter, for the second time. wouldnt be surprised if he got like a nation ban, similar to Anelka's one.

Seriously though, hope that its just a rumor about Wenger losing interest in Yann :( I know there are cheaper options other than Yann, but still :S

Apparently the Ramsey to Fulham rumor is that Fulham enquired about him and we told them he is available on a loan deal with a view to a permanent 9m option.

Considering he cost us £5 mill I would hope we would be after more than £9 mill. Not that we should be looking to get rid of him anyway. Doubt Wenger is going to give up on him because he had an average half-season after he went through some pretty brutal stuff.

Rumor has it, M'vila was spotted at London Colney yesterday. Not really believing it but we will see what happens. If it is true then glad we are back in it for him if not then it seems the deal is dead.

Rumor has it, M'vila was spotted at London Colney yesterday. Not really believing it but we will see what happens. If it is true then glad we are back in it for him if not then it seems the deal is dead.

lol false alarm. fake rumor.

Also heard we rejected a 25m bid from Manchester City for Robin van Persie, RvP apparently stating he wants to stay at Arsenal with or without a contract.

Also heard we rejected a 25m bid from Manchester City for Robin van Persie, RvP apparently stating he wants to stay at Arsenal with or without a contract.

Just adding more pressure. Win something and RVP likely to resume, or leave on a free. Nothing we can't handle.

And if you read somewhere else it says he has already agreed a contract with City and it is 'just a formality' that he is on his way.

I suspect the truth is we are in the same position we were at the start of Euros, probably hasn't been much contact since the Dutch were knocked out as he has gone on holiday. There is no rush to get him to re-sign before the start of the season as Wenger doesn't want to sell him and he can always sign during the season. The only difference to where we were before Euros is that we have added another player, showing more intent that we are going to have a better team and that RVP went through a pretty tough time at the Euros. Which, if anything, has helped us in terms of keeping him.

Back