The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
[video=youtube;vYPgbMhb23A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYPgbMhb23A&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Not bad that Thierry fella, can play a bit.

Going to see him against the Union on Saturday with my girlfriend, I'm so excited!!! Will definitely be wearing my Henry Arsenal jersey from last season.

Denilson is still at the club even if he's on loan we can't keep sending players out on loan just because we can't sell them. And it's the middle of July we should have most of those gone by now.
It's really not that easy to get rid of them. Firstly, there probably isn't exactly a load of clubs after those players then any clubs that do make an offer have to offer enough to actually get us interested in selling at a good price and even then clubs possibly won't be able to afford the wages the players want.

Almunia was easy to get rid of, we had to loan Denilson again as he wanted to stay in Brazil and there wasn't any real interest from elsewhere and hopefully Sao Paulo can afford him next year and the Vela deal has taken about a month to get done. Squillaci has had two seperate talks with Bastia but they cannot afford his wages even when we agreed there would be a minimal fee. I'd be surprised if anyone wants Park unless he has a good Olympics. Bendtner and Arshavin are the best chances of leaving.

Still doesn't consider Koscielny good enough eh.

Koscielny =/= your entire defence, though frankly it seemed like it on occasion last year. Of the rest of your first-choice defence, Vermaelen's excellent but injury-prone, Sagna's currently injured, and Gibbs is both inexperienced and occasionally shaky. It's not your first-choice defence that is necessarily the problem though, it's the backups, with Mertesacker, Squillaci and Santos all liabilities and Jenkinson nowhere near the finished article.

Yes but you have to think, Gibbs was thrust into the first team last season when we sold Clichy, Vermaelen had a good season. Yes Sagna is injured and I agree we need a new right back because we can't just keep playing our center backs out of position.

As for getting rid of the players, there comes a time where you have to lower the fee you want for a player when you don't get offers. Seriously valuing Bendtner at 10m is rediculous.

Koscielny =/= your entire defence, though frankly it seemed like it on occasion last year. Of the rest of your first-choice defence, Vermaelen's excellent but injury-prone, Sagna's currently injured, and Gibbs is both inexperienced and occasionally shaky. It's not your first-choice defence that is necessarily the problem though, it's the backups, with Mertesacker, Squillaci and Santos all liabilities and Jenkinson nowhere near the finished article.

Im more looking forward to getting a news DM. Midfield is pretty **** when it come to defending, and Song looks very much as a DPL player in the midfield.

Still no news on where its Yann or Capoue that'll come to Arsenal.

So Daily Mirror claims that United have won the race to sign RVP. LOL ?
tbh, RVP will go abroad, most likely in Seria A. Milan or Juve.

Still doesn't consider Koscielny good enough eh.

Koscielny is a good player. As is Vermaelen.. But Koscielny isn't an entire defence is he?

When you look at the Arsenal defence, it's not fantastic.

Koscielny: Quality
Vermealen: Quality but injury prone
Sagna:Great full-back but broke his leg twice last year
Clichy: Good potential, but very in-experienced and hasn't really got going yet
Mertesacker: Pretty terrible and injured.
Andre Santos: Nowhere near good enough to be Clichy's replacement.
Squillaci: LOL
Djourou: See above
Jenkinson: Not convinced he's up to Premier League football but we'll see.

I dunno, If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be hoping the manager sign at least one CB, a DM, & a full-back. Just my opinion, though.. Although, if RVP is being sold then I can understand why Arsenal are bidding for every young forward under the sun.

Koscielny is a good player. As is Vermaelen.. But Koscielny isn't an entire defence is he?

I dunno, If I was an Arsenal fan I'd be hoping the manager sign at least one CB, a DM, & a full-back. Just my opinion, though.. Although, if RVP is being sold then I can understand why Arsenal are bidding for every young forward under the sun.

Mertesacker is far from terrible, though he isn't amazing. You're also thinking of Gibbs and not Clichy.

The latest player that we have been linked with is Santi Cazorla, the rumour is coming from the apparently very reliable @AFCAMDEN, would be a brilliant signing but I doubt it will happen to be honest.

Mertesacker isn't terrible so I don't know what player you guys have been watching, He's pretty good actually apart from his pace which could be costly at times but he's a great reader of the game.

Well yes, Clichy sucks :P

If we really wanted a new CB, then he would have got Jan Verthogen, but then again, there already too much competition for that spot. Merts and Djourou are just fair for being 3rd and 4th choice. Thus i dont think we'll go after another CB.

Mertesacker isn't terrible so I don't know what player you guys have been watching, He's pretty good actually apart from his pace which could be costly at times but he's a great reader of the game.

Djourou is not even that terrible, but for most parts of the season he's been forced to play at RB., thus his weakness. And we where so unlucky last season not to have proper full backs for like half of the season.

Van Persie is off. David Ornstein reporting that he won't be going on the Asia tour and we have offers from City, United and Juve.

They probably figure it is worth a punt, even if they don't offer as much as the Manchesters they have a good chance of getting him. Suspect Milan may make an offer as well given they need a replacement from Ibra.

City favourites to sign him, not that they particularly need him. Rooney and Van Persie is a fairly mouth watering prospect on paper. Whatever happens, I hope he stays in England, preferably with United.

Don't be surprised if AC Milan don't make a late bid to sign him, I said when they agreed a fee with PSG over Ibra that we will hear from them regarding RvP. I personally see him going to Juventus.

Back