The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
he's 21 though, just like gibbs. :/ and push santos as LW.

No matter. Competition is key. Gibbs was good end of last season, but it was mainly cos he had to be or either he wouldn't be playing. Also he is quite injury prone so we will get playing time for all 3. Last time we had enough LB we missed on quite cheap Gareth Bale.

I personally hope we don't go after Ganso, wouldn't mind Milo but I don't want Ganso. He had a horrible season for Santos especially in their Club World Cup final against Barcelona. I think our main concern right now should be going after a rightback if the twitter reports are to be believed that we have pretty much wrapped up the signing of M'vila.

I personally hope we don't go after Ganso, wouldn't mind Milo but I don't want Ganso. He had a horrible season for Santos especially in their Club World Cup final against Barcelona. I think our main concern right now should be going after a rightback if the twitter reports are to be believed that we have pretty much wrapped up the signing of M'vila.

Santos in general had an 'ify' campaign. that semi-final lost to corintians was dreadful though.

And for the M'villa reports, some of them are saying it was done like long time ago. personally speaking, i would go with capoue since he's much better than yann last season, and clearly i dont want a troublemaker in the team ;)

Barca are also rumor in Yann too.

Last edited:
Barca also have turned their attentions to Koscielny as a replacement for Puyol. I either want us to sign M'vila or Capoue don't care which one. I just really hope we don't go for Ganso if the reports of a 17m deal is in the talks.

So basically, the good matches will become cheaper while the matches at the lower end of the spectrum will become more affordable.

Yay, we won the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup even if we lost on penaites :P

First game, Good win in general. Gibbs and Henri Lansbury played really well for the match

Second game, Jay Rodriguez scores, and then Gervhino levels the game. Olsson and Djourou played really well too. Match went to penalties and Ebiclio missed the last kick. Regardless whether we won in penalties or not, we won the Cup anyway XD

Last edited:
How exactly did we win?
Southampton | Fixtures | Preview | Preview | Preview: Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup
As usual, a normal-time victory in each match will earn the winners three points. However, if the fixture is drawn at the end of 45 minutes, a penalty shootout will take place with the victors earning two points and the defeated side taking solitary point. Teams beaten in normal time will receive no points.
Results
Saints 0 - 1 Anderlecht

Arsenal 1 - 0 Anderlecht
Saints (p) 1 - 1 Arsenal (Saints win 5-4 in penalties)

Point Tally
Arsenal - 4
Anderlecht - 3
Saints - 2

Last edited:
Arsenal striker first to capture Niang. Caen want 6m for him.
Transfer gossip: Arsenal bid for M'Baye Niang to try to stop Manchester City signing the Caen starlet - Mirror Online

Its also known that City and Spurs are after him too. FFS ! >_< I hope we get Niang in the end successfully.

Meanwhile in Spain, Malaga have transfer listed both Isco and Santi Cazorla as the club owners dont wanna pay-off the debts :S
Wont be surprised if we go for Santi at least, knowing about Walcott rumors to Liverpool

And Arsenal are Ranked 10th in the Forbes TOP 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams. New sponsorship deals with Carlsberg and Betsson boosted it to value the club at $1.29 billion

Manchester United Tops The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams - Forbes

Arsenal striker first to capture Niang. Caen want 6m for him.
Transfer gossip: Arsenal bid for M'Baye Niang to try to stop Manchester City signing the Caen starlet - Mirror Online

Its also known that City and Spurs are after him too. FFS ! >_< I hope we get Niang in the end successfully.

No surprise there that they are after him. We have advantage though.

Meanwhile in Spain, Malaga have transfer listed both Isco and Santi Cazorla as the club owners dont wanna pay-off the debts :S
Wont be surprised if we go for Santi at least, knowing about Walcott rumors to Liverpool

And Arsenal are Ranked 10th in the Forbes TOP 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams. New sponsorship deals with Carlsberg and Betsson boosted it to value the club at $1.29 billion

Manchester United Tops The World's 50 Most Valuable Sports Teams - Forbes

We are valued at 1.29 billion mostly because of Usmanov buing shares and driving the price up.

We are valued at 1.29 billion mostly because of Usmanov buying shares and driving the price up.

But he just owns 30% of it. 70% is still in Silent Stan's control. Chelsea are ranked lower than us, that's strange. Im guessing City are like in 60th

Last edited:
But he just owns 30% of it. 70% is still in Silent Stan's control. Chelsea are ranked low than us, that's strange. Im guessing City are like in 60th

Arsenal do have a greater brand value owing to their larger fan base in the world.

But he just owns 30% of it. 70% is still in Silent Stan's control. Chelsea are ranked lower than us, that's strange. Im guessing City are like in 60th

The percentages dont matter a thing here. Value of single share do.

Robin van Persie returns to Arsenal and an uncertain future | Football | The Guardian

ROBIN VAN PERSIE UPDATE: Having returned from his extended holiday, an Arsenal spokesman confirmed: “Robin returned to training on Monday as expected and made it clear he wants to sit down and resolve the matter of his future, either way, as soon as possible. No date has yet been agreed for that meeting.”

The Sun believes the Dutchman still wants out and if an impending departure couldn't have been made more obvious, van Persie does not feature at all in the latest online club catalogue. It's only a matter of time...

Arsenal Portal's post on Arsenal FC | Latest updates on Sulia

So he's at back the club, let just see how this goes. RVP is doing the Rooney

I don't think he is. I think he's looking at Giroud and Podolski and thinking this isn't going to be enough to win anything, and if that is his motivation at this point then it isn't going to make him stay - like most clubs in the league we can't guarantee trophies. The model of the club is largely fine. Perhaps spending a bit more money would be useful, but the issue is more about signing cover when we need it. I'm not saying lets spend 50m, but a couple of decent backup players for midfield/defence wouldn't cost a fortune, and perhaps being unwilling to spend where necessary has cost a couple of gems who we could have signed but were too slow.

Back