The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sounds like we are not going to buy a DM to compete with Song and instead Coquelin is going to be given a go at giving Song some competition. Hopefully the money we had been anticipating on spending on M'Vila, etc. will go towards a playmaker CM now where we could maybe do with someone.

Diaby is looking good on his road to recovery. Played well in midfield yesterdays match. Chuks Aneke was playing good to along side Song in midfield. Im guessing he'll go out on loan this coming season, same with Afobe and Eisfield, for more game time.

Lansbury, Bartley, Miquel, Yennaris could more involved in XI team too next season.

Last edited:
Diaby is looking good on his road to recovery. Played well in midfield yesterdays match. Chuks Aneke was playing good to along side Song in midfield. Im guessing he'll go out on loan this coming season, same with Afobe and Eisfield, for more game time.

Lansbury, Bartley, Miquel, Yennaris could more involved in XI team too next season.

I think they both will go on loan unless Squillaci is sold. Miquel probably to Brighton and Bartley hopefully to Prem club.

I think they both will go on loan unless Squillaci is sold. Miquel probably to Brighton and Bartley hopefully to Prem club.

Or Squifs will just rot in the reserves and we run his contract out. I dont think any club wants him, lol. I can probably see Miquel go on loan, and Bartley staying.

The only downside to this rumour is that he's turning 28 before the end of the year. Arshavin, Arteta, Cazorla.. why do we sign or show interest in old players? Okay, he'll have a couple of years left in him, but not a lot. It's one extreme to the other.

Complaining about signing a 28 year old? WTF? Players don't turn retarded at the age of 30, especially players like Carzorla. He would easily see out a four year contract, IMO, and at £15m, you won't much better.

Personally hope the rumours are true as he's someone I'd love to see in the PL.

Bartley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>x1,000 Squillaci.

Complaining about signing a 28 year old? WTF? Players don't turn retarded at the age of 30, especially players like Carzorla. He would easily see out a four year contract, IMO, and at £15m, you won't much better.

He would be really good signing for us. Suits our style of play and has still many years on top. He is intelligent player as you said and will likely just adjust his game when his pace and physical attributes start to decline. I can see him doing quite well until he's 33-34 if he stays injury free.

You are right, but he didnt have best of times at Rangers last season and staying on as our 5th choice CB would hamper his development so would rather see him go on loan to a Prem club than stay with us and play mainly in reserves and some cup matches.

Really don't rate Bartley at all. He struggled at times in the SPL.

So apparently Cazorla is holding a press conference today, no one knows whether he will be announcing intentions to leave or if he is staying. Guess we will have to wait and see.

--

Squad numbers have been released:

Squad numbers:
1 Wojciech Szczesny
2 Abou Diaby
3 Bacary Sagna
4 Per Mertesacker
5 Thomas Vermaelen
6 Laurent Koscielny
7 Tomas Rosicky
8 Mikel Arteta
9 Ju Young Park
10 Robin van Persie
11 Andre Santos
12 Olivier Giroud
14 Theo Walcott
15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
16 Aaron Ramsey
17 Alex Song
18 Sebastien Squillaci
19 Jack Wilshere
20 Johan Djourou
21 Lukasz Fabianski
22 Francis Coquelin
23 Andrey Arshavin
24 Vito Mannone
25 Carl Jenkinson
26 Emmanuel Frimpong
27 Gervinho
28 Kieran Gibbs
29 Marouane Chamakh
31 Ryo
35 Kyle Bartley
52 Nicklas Bendtner
TBC Lukas Podolski

Does anyone know where I can find retro Arsenal kits for sale? I am looking for an 05-06 Henry kit. (the maroon one)

The only Henry jersey they have is a boys medium. :( And I live in USA so I dunno if I can make the payment since its Pounds and not US Dollars.

The only Henry jersey they have is a boys medium. :( And I live in USA so I dunno if I can make the payment since its Pounds and not US Dollars.

Ah sorry :S keep looking round :)

The number 9 shirt is cursed :/ Poldolski is surely gonna get the no10 shirt once RVP leaves.

Pleased that Coquelin has got an improved squad number, good sign that he is going to be further involved in the first team this season which can only be a good thing for us. Good chance that he could displace Song within a couple of seasons.

And Podolskis lack of a number is just another obvious sign that van Persie is on his way. Hopefully that business is wrapped up soon.

Just noticed Lansbury wasn't on the list so he's likely sold this summer.

Back