The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Afobe needs finishing training

His progress has been set back by that long term injury he had. I have full confidence if he can keep fit he can make his mark in first team in 1-2 years.

Hopefully he gets good loan move this season where he can play and score regularly.

Gervinho is doing well atm. Hopefully he improves even more in his second season at arsenal, just like koscielny

IMO Frimpong HAS to have a good season this year or I fear he may be out.

Doubt it really. Likely will be kept around until january to build his fitness back up and then loaned to gain more game time. Next season will be his make or break if he can keep fit this season.

Gervinho is doing well atm. Hopefully he improves even more in his second season at arsenal, just like koscielny

Most people were overly harsh on him last season. He was in good form until ACN and if he hadn't gone there he could possibly have kept that form up until end of season.

Ramsey starts today GB match against UAE. finally off the bench. lol

A Doctor's report on Wilshere's year long injury
Physio Corner: The trio of injuries that sidelined Jack Wilshere for a year | Arsenal Report

And Santi Cazorla could be a Arsenal player by Monday.

SPORT TREND. ‏@sport_trend
#ARSENAL: #Malaga have agreed a transfer fee(unknown), from Arsenal for Santi Cazorla. Deal to be completed Monday morning. Cazorla is done.

Samuel J C ‏@samuelj29060
'Diario Sur': The sale of Malaga won't affect Cazorla's sale. Club set to accept £16m from Arsenal for player.

i think wilshere is going to be another diaby plays like 90 minutes a season and then gets injured i can see a bit on wilshere in thomas eisfield looking at the preseason games still preseason makes gerviniho look good so not a very good base to judge a player on

While Chuks Aneke has been impressive for the Arsenal reserves; I still have my doubts over whether he can make an impact for Arsenal this coming EPL season. He did not really have great loan spells at Stevenage and Preston although he has definitely thrown his name in the ring with his pre-season performances

Still think its a case of too much too soon for Aneke if he gets first-team football next season. I still would be happy if I was proved wrong. Looks like he can become a very good player one day

Still think its a case of too much too soon for Aneke if he gets first-team football next season. I still would be happy if I was proved wrong. Looks like he can become a very good player one day

He should go to a premier league club on loan now, looks good in pre-season though.

[video=youtube;p6NPzZlVxjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p6NPzZlVxjo#at=45[/video]
For you guys :wub:

Numeros reports again (throughout the summer) of Arsenal watching defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama (3 times apparently), with Man Utd rivalling for his signature.

Can only hope that a bid is made after this week.

Numeros reports again (throughout the summer) of Arsenal watching defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama (3 times apparently), with Man Utd rivalling for his signature.

Can only hope that a bid is made after this week.

Meh... Pass on him tbh

Much rather M'Villa if we're going to sign a DM. He plays in a much better league, has no Africa Cup Of Nations commitments and looks a far superior player in almost every department imo (apart from strength as Wanyama is physically a tank).

Tbh I would rather just give Coquelin more game time instead as I think he looks as though he could become a great DM in the future. Just don't think Wanyama has shown that much ability apart from having one good season in a poor league and I certainly wouldn't want him coming in and blocking the development of some younger players with more potential.

Edit: Just had a quick look around the web and couldn't find any reputable source at all reporting on this. Got a link for the one you found?

What type of player is Victor? Any Celtic fans willing to give an insight on him. I would rather give Coquelin a chance as a back up DM.

And so today, August 31st, is the last day for Malaga to pay up its debts. Looks like the paperwork is only left to be done. Fee of
£15.6m, club record if the move happens.​
Cazorla puede irse hoy mismo

Meh... Pass on him tbh

Much rather M'Villa if we're going to sign a DM. He plays in a much better league, has no Africa Cup Of Nations commitments and looks a far superior player in almost every department imo (apart from strength as Wanyama is physically a tank).

Tbh I would rather just give Coquelin more game time instead as I think he looks as though he could become a great DM in the future. Just don't think Wanyama has shown that much ability apart from having one good season in a poor league and I certainly wouldn't want him coming in and blocking the development of some younger players with more potential.

Edit: Just had a quick look around the web and couldn't find any reputable source at all reporting on this. Got a link for the one you found?

What type of player is Victor? Any Celtic fans willing to give an insight on him. I would rather give Coquelin a chance as a back up DM.

And so today, August 31st, is the last day for Malaga to pay up its debts. Looks like the paperwork is only left to be done. Fee of
£15.6m, club record if the move happens.​
Cazorla puede irse hoy mismo

He's a defensive mid. And he's a very good player. Very tactically astute and good reading of the game for a 20 year old, very tenacious as well in the tackle.

Only reason I can see people will knock him is due to playing in the SPL, but he excelled in Europe last season against At. Madrid and Udinese (and M'villa's club Rennes ironically).

@Juneau59- Various English papers throughout the summer, and he indicated himself while on International duty that there was interest from top EPL clubs, and if a move to a top EPL club would come a long he'd take it.

Apparently Chelsea have joined the race to sign Cazorla, no idea why they need him. Malaga's deadline is today but I doubt we will see the deal done by the end of the day.

Apparently Chelsea have joined the race to sign Cazorla, no idea why they need him. Malaga's deadline is today but I doubt we will see the deal done by the end of the day.

Doubt their is much truth in Cazorla to Chelsea rumours tbh. We just bought a player expected to make that transition to a deeper role a few days ago and we still have Lampard

Back