The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Park must be feeling like an absolute **** now. Runs off from his hotel in the middle of the night, gets chased to the airport by Lille Officials all to secure a dream move to Arsenal. Then he barely gets a look in and is being shipped off after one season

Park must be feeling like an absolute **** now. Runs off from his hotel in the middle of the night, gets chased to the airport by Lille Officials all to secure a dream move to Arsenal. Then he barely gets a look in and is being shipped off after one season

That's big IF we can ship him off :D

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles
Barca agree personal terms with Alex Song. Plan to open negotiations with Arsenal on fee next week.

What it be ideal for Arsenal to sell Song and van Persie and then reinvest that money in buying Yann M'Vila and a cb to replace slow Mertesacker?

Mertesacker isn't going to be sold. I'm expecting good things from him infact this season, had a bedding in season where he was finding real form before his unfortunate injury at Sunderland and will only build on from there. Can see him putting pressure on Vermaelen and Koscielny for a spot in the first team.

Why the Murdersacker hate? He's solid and matches up well against the bigger strikers in the league.

Mertesacker might have had a bad/meh season in general, but i still think he has a role in this club. Mertesacker okay as a 3rd choice CB behind Vermalean and Kos.

Last edited:
What it be ideal for Arsenal to sell Song and van Persie and then reinvest that money in buying Yann M'Vila and a cb to replace slow Mertesacker?

We are not going to sign M'vila. If we were we would've already.

Why the Murdersacker hate? He's solid and matches up well against the bigger strikers in the league.

Some people must have transferred their hate from Koscielny to Mertesacker now that Kos had great season.

We are not going to sign M'vila. If we were we would've already.

The sale of Song would force us to sign somebody of the same position, and considering we haven't sold Song yet, it's not surprising we haven't brought in M'Vila.

I'm not saying we definitely will, but your logic of 'If we were, we would've already' just isn't true.

Back