The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The sale of Song would force us to sign somebody of the same position, and considering we haven't sold Song yet, it's not surprising we haven't brought in M'Vila.

I'm not saying we definitely will, but your logic of 'If we were, we would've already' just isn't true.

I think Capoue is more likely signing if we do sell Song. M'vila's problems are too much for Wenger i think. Also I think Song's agent started all this talk of move to Barca so we'd offer better contract for him. By the looks of Song he looks happy with us.

Park's a good player. I'd rather keep him than Chamakh.

Agreed. I can't for the life of me figure out what's going on with Park. He's either ****** Wenger off big time or he is unbelievably bad in training. When I've seen him in games, he looks tidy.

Sahin might be meant to be Song;s replacement although they're not really the same type of player at all

Nice dream lol. I doubt it very much.

No doubt as you'd like him at United. :D

Lot of talk that loan will go on after Real Celtic match and while there is no buy out clause inserted we will have first option if Sahin is sold next year.

there's no way that sahin is coming to replace song. sahin looks more like arteta imo

I'm not disagreeing with that but we already signed Cazorla to play in Arteta's position, we also have Wilshere and Diaby coming in neither of which are DMs and are we really going to use Coquelin as a starting DM? We already have too many midfielders and getting Sahin would mean benching one of the players who would usually be a starter

I'm not disagreeing with that but we already signed Cazorla to play in Arteta's position, we also have Wilshere and Diaby coming in neither of which are DMs and are we really going to use Coquelin as a starting DM? We already have too many midfielders and getting Sahin would mean benching one of the players who would usually be a starter

Cazorla will play as AM or if we do 4-3-3 part of 3 man midfield along with Arteta and Song. We dont have anyone else except Wilshere who can be as effective playing the Arteta role so we need some cover there.

Cazorla will play as AM or if we do 4-3-3 part of 3 man midfield along with Arteta and Song. We dont have anyone else except Wilshere who can be as effective playing the Arteta role so we need some cover there.

Diaby? We'd be looking to sell him if Wenger didn't think he was good enough. Also Rosicky proved last season that he still has something to offer

Rosicky is quality but blows hot and cold, Diaby is unsellable sadly, he has had too many injuries. Prob let him go if he doesn't get some form together before the end of his contrac.

Diaby? We'd be looking to sell him if Wenger didn't think he was good enough. Also Rosicky proved last season that he still has something to offer

Neither are diciplined or skilled enough to play Arteta role. Rosicky will be rotating with Cazorla for AM role and Diaby is Song's backup.

Neither are diciplined or skilled enough to play Arteta role. Rosicky will be rotating with Cazorla for AM role and Diaby is Song's backup.

Diaby is NOT a DM.

So Carzola/Wilshere
Arteta/Rosicky
Song/Coquelin/(Frimpong)

I left out Diaby because we disagree about which role he plays and put Frimpong in brackets because i'm unsure as to whether he's going to come straight into the first team. Based on this, why then would Wenger be chasing Sahin with Song apparently close to leaving?

Diaby is NOT a DM.

So Carzola/Wilshere
Arteta/Rosicky
Song/Coquelin/(Frimpong)

I left out Diaby because we disagree about which role he plays and put Frimpong in brackets because i'm unsure as to whether he's going to come straight into the first team. Based on this, why then would Wenger be chasing Sahin with Song apparently close to leaving?

Neither is Song used as DM.

Arteta/Wilshere/Sahin if he comes
Song/Diaby/Coquelin
Cazorla/Rosicky/Ramsey

Frimpong will likely go on loan as soon as he is fit.

Neither is Song used as DM.

Arteta/Wilshere/Sahin if he comes
Song/Diaby/Coquelin
Cazorla/Rosicky/Ramsey

Frimpong will likely go on loan as soon as he is fit.

He is a DM but he's allowed to push forward at times as long as someone's back covering. If he isn't a DM then why can't Sahin come in a replace him? Why would we be linked with M'Vila or Capoue if we didn't need a DM?

He is a DM but he's allowed to push forward at times as long as someone's back covering. If he isn't a DM then why can't Sahin come in a replace him? Why would we be linked with M'Vila or Capoue if we didn't need a DM?

Never said he isn't a DM. I dont like to repeat myself over and over, but Song is used as box to box mid for us and Sahin isn't one. IF Sahin comes he comes as Wilshere "replacement" so we dont need to rush Jack back in.

Why were we linked with them? How should I know? Not Arsene Wenger or Gazidis :)

Back