The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arteta and Wilshere would both be starting ahead of Sahin, I'm not entirely convinced that deal is going to be done anyway.

Arteta and Wilshere would both be starting ahead of Sahin, I'm not entirely convinced that deal is going to be done anyway.

Arteta yes, but Wilshere not. He's been out for so long that it will take a lot of time for him to get match fitness back on. Getting Sahin is good so we dont need to rush Wilshere back. Hopefully he can come back strong and not be that much affected by the injury.

I assume the team mentioned in that post is supposed to be our best team, in which case Arteta and Wilshere would be there over Sahin. Obviously Wilshere isn't going to be 100% until at least November so until then Sahin would be ahed of him in the pecking order. Like I said though, I'm not convinced we are going to get Sahin anyway.

There hasn't been any real concrete news about us going after van der Wiel, I personally don't see it happening. Also heard Real Madrid want to keep Nuri Sahin now, this is just me thinking but I believe it was due to us wanting a view to a permanent option on it and Madrid not wanting that.

There hasn't been any real concrete news about us going after van der Wiel, I personally don't see it happening. Also heard Real Madrid want to keep Nuri Sahin now, this is just me thinking but I believe it was due to us wanting a view to a permanent option on it and Madrid not wanting that.

tbh if Sahin wanted to leave Real permanently, he would have a lot more better suitors

Pretty sure Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City would be willing to snap him up in a second

tbh if Sahin wanted to leave Real permanently, he would have a lot more better suitors

Pretty sure Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City would be willing to snap him up in a second

Sahin is a CM and better than our CMs. That itself rules him out of ManUtd's contention.

Also it's not black or white when it comes to permanent transfer, Cazorla would improve any team/squad in the world but Arsenal are signing and going by rumors, none of the big European teams are in for him.

WOOOOO.

Best signing of the window, value wise. He is an incredible player.

We've been set to confirm his deal since Wednesday of last week.... RvP has flown with the team to Germany for their friendly against Cologne.

Word is the fee could be as little as £11.7 million with the majority being paid upfront which is the main reason why we are able to get him so cheap. Also there could be one or two of our players going there on loan in return, Miquel is the main player being mentioned.

Word is the fee could be as little as £11.7 million with the majority being paid upfront which is the main reason why we are able to get him so cheap. Also there could be one or two of our players going there on loan in return, Miquel is the main player being mentioned.

I wonder who? Maybe Bendtner part of the deal cos they were interested some time ago.

Good call. They have lost Rondon as well so are in need of a striker.

Yeah would kill two birds with one bid. That might be reason why there is no announcement yet as Bendtner needs to agree terms aswell?

Would hope that Miquel gets loaned to lower Prem club or Championship club rather to Malaga.

Hope he gets some action on Sunday, along with Podolski and Giroud.

This has been a better summer compared to the one 365 days ago ;)

Welcome to Arsenal Santi !
[video=youtube;WYDwTrJO7pc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDwTrJO7pc[/video]

Now I wonder what RVP is thinking right now, lol. So far no club has come in with a 25m bid for him, and assuming he stays, my will be have one **** of an attacking side to challenge for top honors.

In other news, Benik Afobe has come off the bench for Bolton on his debut in a friendly against Tranmere Rovers and has scored a hat-rick.

In other news, Benik Afobe has come off the bench for Bolton on his debut in a friendly against Tranmere Rovers and has scored a hat-rick.

**** you beat me to this. Looks promising.

Back