The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
The only players currently rumoured to be leaving Arsenal are RVP and Song. Walcott's also got a year left on his contract and there's hardly anything on him :P

Many dont consider him as good for our team as Song or Van Persie. Also there is some interest in Walcott aswell from Inter and Liverpool, but it doesn't beat having both Manchester clubs after you (RVP) or Barcelona(Song).

It sells better saying those clubs are after you compared to Inter.

Many dont consider him as good for our team as Song or Van Persie. Also there is some interest in Walcott aswell from Inter and Liverpool, but it doesn't beat having both Manchester clubs after you (RVP) or Barcelona(Song).

It sells better saying those clubs are after you compared to Inter.

Yeah but you'd think they'd try to maximise their sales by saying something like Walcott has agreed a deal with Chelsea.

Yeah but you'd think they'd try to maximise their sales by saying something like Walcott has agreed a deal with Chelsea.

They don't need as long as RVP is still with Arsenal. Song is nice bonus to use on side so they cant be faulted on being running only RVP stories.

Also all the reports suggest Walcott is close to signing a new deal.

They don't need as long as RVP is still with Arsenal. Song is nice bonus to use on side so they cant be faulted on being running only RVP stories.

Also all the reports suggest Walcott is close to signing a new deal.

I thought it sold more to report players leaving Arsenal :P

RvP to Man United & Song to Barcelona by the end of the week 100%. AW spent too much money this summer, and now the big guns in charge of the clubs wanna cash in.

RvP to Man United & Song to Barcelona by the end of the week 100%. AW spent too much money this summer, and now the big guns in charge of the clubs wanna cash in.

Barca dont have the money and we'd be stupid to sell for 10-15m. Also our bank balance was way over 100m at end of season so we can cover our signings easily. Only Cazorla was paid straight away in full.

Barca dont have the money and we'd be stupid to sell for 10-15m. Also our bank balance was way over 100m at end of season so we can cover our signings easily. Only Cazorla was paid straight away in full.

Barca does have the money, don`t you worry about that, and yes, we are stupid if we sell him for 10-15 m, that`s what i`m afraid of... that he could go for that kind of money.

Barca does have the money, don`t you worry about that, and yes, we are stupid if we sell him for 10-15 m, that`s what i`m afraid of... that he could go for that kind of money.

They dont have 25-30m to spend anymore or they would have already signed Martinez. They need to sell in order to make purchases and looks like they cant shift on any of their players.

Song looks happy with squad so I'm not worried we will sell him. RVP might go along with Bendtner and rest of deadwood if we can shift them on, but unlikely that we will sell more of our better players.

They dont have 25-30m to spend anymore or they would have already signed Martinez. They need to sell in order to make purchases and looks like they cant shift on any of their players.

Song looks happy with squad so I'm not worried we will sell him. RVP might go along with Bendtner and rest of deadwood if we can shift them on, but unlikely that we will sell more of our better players.

Why do you think Song will stay?

Why do you think Song will stay?

There's no point selling him. It's pretty late in transfer window and we'd need to get hasty replacement in place soon and probably overpay for that. He has still 2 years in his contract, he seems happy at the club. Can't also see Barca offering 25m or more for him.

Song contract runs for another 3 years, and Barca dont even have 30m to get him. like said before, if they had the money, they would have bought martinez. plus i dont wanna do business with barca anymore, its very irritating. like we sold cesc for like 20m when we asked for 30m. shrewd!

Song contract runs for another 3 years, and Barca dont even have 30m to get him. like said before, if they had the money, they would have bought martinez. plus i dont wanna do business with barca anymore, its very irritating. like we sold cesc for like 20m when we asked for 30m. shrewd!

2 years. He signed 5 year deal back in 09. Now that Sahin isn't happening I'd really like us to sign Isco out. Rosicky apparently is out for 2 months or longer with his injury.

2 years. He signed 5 year deal back in 09. Now that Sahin isn't happening I'd really like us to sign Isco out. Rosicky apparently is out for 2 months or longer with his injury.

no point getthing isco. we have esfield and the rest of the young ones to take care off. yup just heard about sahin now going to liverpool. oh bummer, but i really didnt mind in the first place to get him. but it kinda makes the squad depth is a bit down.

i was seeing the koln match again, and Ox did really well in centre mind. just like agaisnt milan. maybe we dont need sahin after all ;) capoue is still in the cards though.

edit: and javi matrinez is off to bayern Munich for 40m euros :O
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/n...artinez-wechselt-zu-bayern-25666496.bild.html

Last edited:
Stoke fans, totally classless people. on the wake of shawcross's call-up to wales, stoke fans on twitter when on rampaging and insulting ramsey with #askramsey tags. some are so vile, then even made fun of his leg. ******* classless *****.

but the comeback from the arsenal group came in strong. lol #askstoke, have they found fire yet. #cavemen XD

I don't like doing business with Barca either tbh but sadly we don't handle Arsenal's transfer business

There's no point selling him. It's pretty late in transfer window and we'd need to get hasty replacement in place soon and probably overpay for that. He has still 2 years in his contract, he seems happy at the club. Can't also see Barca offering 25m or more for him.

Well isn't it late to sell RVP? Sure we signed RVp and Podolski but Podolski looks like he'll be playing out wide and if Giroud gets injured we'd be left with Chamakh so we might need another striker.

And we don't know that Song is happy at the club, he came out and said he'd be happy to stay but why didn't he just say he's not willing to move to Barca and he'd be at the club regardless of any interest

I don't like doing business with Barca either tbh but sadly we don't handle Arsenal's transfer business

Well isn't it late to sell RVP? Sure we signed RVp and Podolski but Podolski looks like he'll be playing out wide and if Giroud gets injured we'd be left with Chamakh so we might need another striker.

And we don't know that Song is happy at the club, he came out and said he'd be happy to stay but why didn't he just say he's not willing to move to Barca and he'd be at the club regardless of any interest

We wont sell Song on cheap. Cesc was special case as he only wanted Barca. Also RVP is sold now and only waiting personal terms and medical for United. Now we only can wait and see if we do sign another striker or not.

Back