The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sold him on the same day as Fabregas last year, right before the season start!

New striker now I assume? Can't depend on the untested Podolski and Giroud. Unless you count Bendtner..

From a Liverpool point of view its great news,

But again letting a player go down to his final year has cost you, no doubt you have brought in some brilliant players, but a potential front three of Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski, may need time to settle in having never played in the premier league before

From a Liverpool point of view its great news,

But again letting a player go down to his final year has cost you, no doubt you have brought in some brilliant players, but a potential front three of Cazorla, Giroud, Podolski, may need time to settle in having never played in the premier league before

Was not our decision to let it run to last year. Club offered new contract last summer.

We have to wait and see how they do. Personally I think all will eventually do really well for us. All looked good against Cologne. Also I really think our transfer window isn't at it's end. Maybe 1-2 players coming in still.

Well it was, because they didn't sell him earlier.

Well as evidenced by last season it was right decision to keep him at the club rather than sell then. We wouldn't have gotten much more if at all as this last season was his first real injury free season where he fulfilled his potential.

Word is the fee is £24 million. No way we were going to pass that up given his injury record and he had made it clear he didn't want to be here. Not expecting a big signing to replace him, but expecting to see a couple of deals done in the next few days.

Also, Song has apparently been told he can go as Wenger is fed up with his attitude of late.

Word is the fee is £24 million. No way we were going to pass that up given his injury record and he had made it clear he didn't want to be here. Not expecting a big signing to replace him, but expecting to see a couple of deals done in the next few days.

Also, Song has apparently been told he can go as Wenger is fed up with his attitude of late.

Still depends what Juventus were offering. I'd have taken about £10m less if he wasn't going to United or City

It's a good deal financially given the circumstances....but I just feel really bad we sold him to our arch rivals. Would rather have taken less and seen him go to Juve. I feel betrayed almost but oh well that's football these days.

Still depends what Juventus were offering. I'd have taken about £10m less if he wasn't going to United or City

With all the **** happening to Conte doubt RVP would be willing to go there. After that it was always United/City or free next season.

With all the **** happening to Conte doubt RVP would be willing to go there. After that it was always United/City or free next season.

Oh well give him a year of sitting in the reserves and let's see how dangerous he'd be if he went on a free. He's not bigger than the **** club

Oh well give him a year of sitting in the reserves and let's see how dangerous he'd be if he went on a free. He's not bigger than the **** club

Why would we keep him in reserves? By all the accounts he has been professional towards us ( except the announcement ) and worked hard in preseason. He would most likely done his all to help club if he had stayed.

He's not bigger than the club and club will move on. Hopefully soon to Jovetic

Why would we keep him in reserves? By all the accounts he has been professional towards us ( except the announcement ) and worked hard in preseason. He would most likely done his all to help club if he had stayed.

He's not bigger than the club and club will move on. Hopefully soon to Jovetic

All that professionalism is gone when he decides to move to one of our rivals. What other club apart from ours sells their best players to teams with the same ambition as themselves? We've become a selling club and a laughing stock to the Manchester clubs no way we're competing for any trophy now. We're not going to sign a big name, Wenger already believes that he's replaced RVP with Giroud and then we'd have Chamakh playing if giroud gets injured

All that professionalism is gone when he decides to move to one of our rivals. What other club apart from ours sells their best players to teams with the same ambition as themselves? We've become a selling club and a laughing stock to the Manchester clubs no way we're competing for any trophy now. We're not going to sign a big name, Wenger already believes that he's replaced RVP with Giroud and then we'd have Chamakh playing if giroud gets injured

So let me get this straight. You'd wish to demote RVP to reserves and stay there. And at same time you say by losing him we lose all our chances on trophies?

I dont care if we dont sign a big name. I want us to sign a good player for the team. Arteta is good example of that. Not big name, but really important to us.

As per tradition, this season Theo Walcott will bang in 25 league goals and then next summer we'll sell him to Chelsea for freaking 25M. That's just the way we do business. In the last few years, all we've been doing every summer is sell our best player the season before. So disappointed. :(

So let me get this straight. You'd wish to demote RVP to reserves and stay there. And at same time you say by losing him we lose all our chances on trophies?

I dont care if we dont sign a big name. I want us to sign a good player for the team. Arteta is good example of that. Not big name, but really important to us.

No like you said i'm sure RVP would probably have played to his best if we didn't let him go but if he was adamant on a move then yes i'd demote him to the reserves? strengthening a team that wants to win the same thing as we do reduces our chances of winning it so yes we are losing our chances of trophies by selling him to United.

And i'm not really bothered about a big name signing but we need someone who can significantly soften the blow of losing RVP. There's only a few days left of the transfer window and with each passing day it gets more and more unlikely that any team would want to part with their good players

No like you said i'm sure RVP would probably have played to his best if we didn't let him go but if he was adamant on a move then yes i'd demote him to the reserves? strengthening a team that wants to win the same thing as we do reduces our chances of winning it so yes we are losing our chances of trophies by selling him to United.

And i'm not really bothered about a big name signing but we need someone who can significantly soften the blow of losing RVP. There's only a few days left of the transfer window and with each passing day it gets more and more unlikely that any team would want to part with their good players

United are taking big risk in RVP. His injury record is pretty awful. Also personally I think United would been more threatening had they signed CM with that money. Now if Carrick gets injured they are ******.

By some estimations we have still 30m or so to spend this summer. We've done 3 good deals and I really hope I'm right in thinking we can do 2 more. Not starting to guess who we'll sign though.

Back