The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
United are taking big risk in RVP. His injury record is pretty awful. Also personally I think United would been more threatening had they signed CM with that money. Now if Carrick gets injured they are ******.

By some estimations we have still 30m or so to spend this summer. We've done 3 good deals and I really hope I'm right in thinking we can do 2 more. Not starting to guess who we'll sign though.

Who says United won't add a CM as well? And he didn't get injured much last season who says that won't happen again?

United are taking big risk in RVP. His injury record is pretty awful. Also personally I think United would been more threatening had they signed CM with that money. Now if Carrick gets injured they are ******.

By some estimations we have still 30m or so to spend this summer. We've done 3 good deals and I really hope I'm right in thinking we can do 2 more. Not starting to guess who we'll sign though.

RVP has however escaped the wrath of Arsenal's physios.

RVP has however escaped the wrath of Arsenal's physios.

Since we offloaded Owen and Hargo our physios went on strike. Hence the RVP signing :P

Btw Howard Nurse just said "ook out for another significant #MUFC announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow."
Might be contract extension for Welbeck/Nani or Berbatov leaving or maybe one more signing who knows.

Who says United won't add a CM as well? And he didn't get injured much last season who says that won't happen again?

With what money? :D They already spend quite a bit considering they lost lot of money when they failed to qualify from their group in CL. Also last seasons signings drew big amount of their cash reserves. RVP signing will also take more than just the signing on fee. Dont forget agent fee's and money they need to set aside for wages.

We dont know. For 7 seasons he spent quite a lot of time injured. 1 season fully fit. If we look by history he has 6,5/8 chance to get injured compared to 1,5/8 to stay injury free for season. If I'd like to bet on it I'd bet him to get injured for sure.

But no point talking about him anymore. Wont be Arsenal player and dont give a **** what he does from now on.

Since we offloaded Owen and Hargo our physios went on strike. Hence the RVP signing :P

Btw Howard Nurse just said "ook out for another significant #MUFC announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow."
Might be contract extension for Welbeck/Nani or Berbatov leaving or maybe one more signing who knows.

Heard lot of talk about Welbeck close to signing extension so probably that.

With what money? :D They already spend quite a bit considering they lost lot of money when they failed to qualify from their group in CL. Also last seasons signings drew big amount of their cash reserves. RVP signing will also take more than just the signing on fee. Dont forget agent fee's and money they need to set aside for wages.

We dont know. For 7 seasons he spent quite a lot of time injured. 1 season fully fit. If we look by history he has 6,5/8 chance to get injured compared to 1,5/8 to stay injury free for season. If I'd like to bet on it I'd bet him to get injured for sure.

But no point talking about him anymore. Wont be Arsenal player and dont give a **** what he does from now on.

True United look unlikely to sign another CM but it doesn't change that we're still strengthening them. Clearly SAF feels RVP is a more important signing than a CM. A lot of players have woeful injury records with us so we just have to wait and see. I don't remember Cesc getting injured a lot with Barca as he did with us.

True United look unlikely to sign another CM but it doesn't change that we're still strengthening them. Clearly SAF feels RVP is a more important signing than a CM. A lot of players have woeful injury records with us so we just have to wait and see. I don't remember Cesc getting injured a lot with Barca as he did with us.

Let's hope that SAF is going senile. Losing to City on GD might do that to him.

As a Chelsea fan I really have a compassion for the Arsenal fans here. To be honest I think he a made a wrong decision. Arsenal have a really strong this team this year and I could have and still sees them as a competitor for the title this year. IMO I would invest in defender now.

We have 40m to spend this window.

Marca (I know) is linking you guys heavily with Llorente. Could be one **** of a signing if you can pull it off.

You've signed Powell, kagawa, RVP and Angelo Henriquez altogether for around £40m :P

Not if RVP is 15m with 7m addons. and the figure might be 40 excluding earlier business, as it was announced after kagawa and powell

Not if RVP is 15m with 7m addons. and the figure might be 40 excluding earlier business, as it was announced after kagawa and powell

It's £40m net spend, as far as I know it included Powell and Kagawa, but we also have a few to ship out as well.

Who is going to the under 21 game against Blackburn at the Emirates on the 25th of August? I am, it will be nice to see some of the youngsters.

I have a feeling that Dolski`s gonna be a hit for us... he`s gonna score at least 20 (BPL) in the first season, who wanna bet ?

I'll happily take that bet... Has he ever even scored 20 league goals? :s

Back