The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Coquelin was perhaps our worst player on field against Cologne. Not ready to be in first team as a starter. Will need 1-2 years still as rotational player.

Friendly matches usually don't mean that much. He was good last season. Although it would indeed be better if we got someone else. Pressure isn't a good thing at that age, if you look at Ramsey's performances... But I'm not really excited by players as Capoue. Wouldn't be much better than Coquelin imo. If we get a DM, I want it to be a world-class one...

We don`t have a Sugar Daddy like other teams, i`m an accountant, and what`s he doing is brill, i know what i`m talking about.

No but you have just proven you have the money! Arsenal's minimal target every season will be to make sure they are playing Champions League football next season. The last 8 years they have been getting by on their minimal and because he is making the club and owners money they won't sack him i mean why would they?

i`m an accountant, and what`s he doing is brill, i know what i`m talking about.

That's his exact point. From a business point of view what he's done is great, aside from a few flops, but on the pitch the club hasn't been as successful.

I Can't image what will happen Post Wenger-era to Arsenal ... :(

(i know some of you guys will laugh like a weasel. i dont give a ****)

Song a Goner, Sahin and Rangel could soon be Gooners

Angel Rangel to Arsenal, and with Jenkinson or Yennaris leave on loan to Swansea. And Sahin plus a DM, Yann, Capoue, or Wanyama (not sure if we are still in for him :S) to replace Song

and Screw Song's agent, Darren Dein initially for Song's departure :@

Last edited:
Next week, Song will be a Barcelona player, apparently we`ll bring in Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht for £10 million.

It will be interesting to see if song starts today or not, how about a cheeky bid for nigel de jong?

Next week, Song will be a Barcelona player, apparently we`ll bring in Lucas Biglia from Anderlecht for £10 million.

Biglia is pretty good and has potential but don't think he is ready for Arsenal yet

I very much hope this isn't true. I follow the Belgian league, and Biglia's been **** for some seasons now. He really is nowhere near good enough.

Anyone got a line-up for the game yet?

Edit - Nevermind, I've got it :

Szczesny - Jenkinson Vermaelen Mertesacker Gibbs - Diaby Arteta Cazorla - Walcott Gervinho Podolski.

Last edited:
Szczesny; Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Diaby, Arteta, Cazorla; Walcott, Gervinho; Podolski.

Back