The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Chelsea is in similar situation as we are. If your new signings wont come in gun's blazing you'll be competing for 4th spot at best.

Yea I was just saying on paper thats what it looks like. Although I feel Chelsea are in a better position than Arsenal

Yea I was just saying on paper thats what it looks like. If United lose Carrick/Anderson to long-term injuries it will be hard for them as well. If Man City lose Silva/Yaya to long-term injuries it will be tough for them.

Liverpool also can be up there if things go their way.

Liverpool also can be up there if things go their way.

hmm... They bought some good players and have managed to retain their key guys. Factor in that they have brought in a good manager in Rodgers and they do have an outside chance of fighting for the title with a bit of luck. However I am sure many LFC Fans will be delighted with a top 4 spot

Seems like Song's gone and we might be getting Sahin after all (H)

D ‏@AFCAMDEN
We've agreed a good price for Song, around £15-20m (Believe closer to £20m). Announcement soon. "Nuri Sahin is close" #AFC
D ‏@AFCAMDEN
Arsenal have been working on Sahin ever since Van Persie got confirmed to #MUFC. I don't *think* (keyword think) he's a replacement for Song
D ‏@AFCAMDEN

We've agreed a good price for Song, around £15-20m (Believe closer to £20m). Announcement soon. "Nuri Sahin is close" #AFC
arseblog ‏@arseblog

El Mundo on Song: "The announcement of the signing of the Cameroon player is a question of hours". €20m, + add-ons it seems.

Further confirmation that Song is gone and Sahin is coming in on loan.

@bbcsport_david

Alex Song set for Barca move. Clubs negotiating, won't play on Sat, Sahin lined up on season-long loan as replacement #bbcfootball #afc #fcb

wouldn't Dempsey be a sensible signing now considering you've lost RVP. Obviously not an out and out striker but he's a goal scorer although you do seem to be congested with attacking midfielders now so that and his age may count against him.

Sahin to replace Song's creative duties and then DM to improve defensive side of our midfield. Heard rumours Barca are including Montoya in deal for Song, but doubt it really. One of their best prospects.

wouldn't Dempsey be a sensible signing now considering you've lost RVP. Obviously not an out and out striker but he's a goal scorer although you do seem to be congested with attacking midfielders now so that and his age may count against him.

Before I heard he is refusing to play for Fulham I would have taken him, but now no.

Very interesting what will happen with Wilshere because he promised, on camera, that he'll stay at Arsenal forever.

Same as Rooney when he was at Everton...and we all know what happened when he left. Although that was still understandable as it was from Everton to Man Utd. Massive step-up

Vermlaen takes the captain armband, and Mikel Arteta is the vice captain. Sweet :). Amazing how Arteta has become influential the backroom already.

Vermlaen takes the captain armband, and Mikel Arteta is the vice captain. Sweet :). Amazing how Arteta has become influential the backroom already.

Perfect vice captain. It had to be either him or Bacary.

Got to say, while I see why Arsenal fans are upset about RVP and Song, the amount of revisionism about what they have done in some areas is ridiculous.

Got to say, while I see why Arsenal fans are upset about RVP and Song, the amount of revisionism about what they have done in some areas is ridiculous.

What do you mean mate? How are they revising the respective impacts of the 2?

What do you mean mate? How are they revising the respective impacts of the 2?

They've spent most of the season telling everyone just how good both players were, now they are trying to downplay them. Not everyone, but a fair few it seems.

Arsenal selling RvP and now Song.... probably their two best players, worrying signs for any Arsenal fans, although on the bright side I do hear the Sahin deal could have a buy clause in, top top player. Would love Sahin at United myself, but he is still yet to decide between Arsenal and Liverpool, although it would be Arsenal for me if it was just between them two, due to the Champions League. But having said that, if the loan deal does have a buy clause in it, Sahin needs to think where both clubs are heading, you have to say Arsenal selling their best players is no good sign.

Arsenal selling RvP and now Song.... probably their two best players, worrying signs for any Arsenal fans, although on the bright side I do hear the Sahin deal could have a buy clause in, top top player. Would love Sahin at United myself, but he is still yet to decide between Arsenal and Liverpool, although it would be Arsenal for me if it was just between them two, due to the Champions League. But having said that, if the loan deal does have a buy clause in it, Sahin needs to think where both clubs are heading, you have to say Arsenal selling their best players is no good sign.

How would you know as you are not one of us :)

While RVP is better striker than either Podolski or Giroud they can be great for the team and now everyone needs to contribute on scoring the goals. Might bring out positive reaction and we'd start to get more goals from other players.

Song. Great versatile player. Assisted what 14 times last season? Great contribution. Going to miss him, but realistically as you think if we get Sahin and proper defensive mid in place we can be stronger as a team.

RVP was our best player, but on midfield Arteta is more important than Song.

Back